ALPA phone survey

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: ALPA phone survey

Post by 3down&loct »

" On the one hand, if a strike were to occur, I'll be one of the dastardly scabs crossing a line to fly the airplane my employer has designated that I fly."

Do you really think anyone is surprised?

In unity, I vote yes.
---------- ADS -----------

Transonic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Transonic »

Impact wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:29 pm
As indicated in a few previous comments. there seems to be very little appetite to actually go on strike.
My observations are the opposite. Yes, many in the YYC base will not strike however YYZ and YVR are ready to go.

The BOD and CEO have both explicitly stated WestJet will not do anything that will hurt our investment grade rating. A strike vote will most certainly hurt that elusive rating, hence why we have a new CEO.

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

Impact wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:53 pm
That said, if 70% of the pilots were to ignore the call to strike and cross the picket lines, I think it would quite definitely show that the MEC is either incapable of reading the wishes of its members, or downright inept and untrustworthy.

Looks like the MEC needs to stoke the fires of discontent a tad more in order to get a drop in that 70% figure. Personally, I'm super p!ssed that we don't get a shoe allowance. ACPA gets one....and so should we!

Vive le Che Guevara!!
IF 70% were to ignore the call!!!!! I want what you are smoking. My online straw poll suggests quite the opposite.

The MEC doesn't have to stoke any fires of discontent, the company is pouring gasoline on that fire all on their own.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Agreed. From what I have seen during crew changes on the bridge I have never seen so many people that were so anti ALPA that are now fully on board. They company has definitely united the pilot group.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

RidersRule wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:16 pm Agreed. From what I have seen during crew changes on the bridge I have never seen so many people that were so anti ALPA that are now fully on board. They company has definitely united the pilot group.
Yep

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

Says the guy that encourages people to leave the company :?

Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by #37 »

Demeter wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:50 pm Says the guy that encourages people to leave the company :?
That wasn't Bede, that was me you were accusing of "encouraging people to leave the company"- dramatically overstating my observation of the current state of the industry.

Best leave Bede alone, he is way out of your league.

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

Ummm ok, ok, let me get this straight then, bede said this on the alpa forum “So, to answer the question, if you're less than 50 and below pilot number 1040, you're better off at AC assuming the jobs are equal” but you said now it was “you” I was accusing so why He and you would even advocate that diatribe at a company you and I work for that hurts only us Is beyond me. Nice work 37 if you want to take the credit for it :lol: :wink:

Return to “WestJet”