WJ Scab List

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Crash_PadYYC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by Crash_PadYYC »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:52 pm And if you're looking for some historical precedent to what the WJ MEC is going to try, look no further than the regional strike of 1997...
20 years ago...
---------- ADS -----------

LegalWeedKiller
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LegalWeedKiller »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 am My contract?

You think I'm doing any of this because someone asked me to? You think that I'm being paid somehow, secretly or overtly, to somehow undermine ALPA?

Dude, no. I'm doing what I think is best purely in my own interest. I'm not thinking of anyone else but myself. I'm spending my own time, and my own money, furthering my own interests. I don't care about anyone else, as regards ALPA and its actions against WJ.
The amount of garbage you are spewing John is actually quite impressive.

I believe this quote really hits the nail on the head tho.

“I want to see my First Officers apply to Air Canada”

How about

“I will be in China before I lose out on the ot”

“I’ve lost 3 jobs to failed airlines. These young families can take it if I did”

“I’m doing what I think is best purely in my own interest”

“I’m not thinking of anyone but myself”

The last two were from your post above. The others had some creative editing.

Hope to see you on the 8th I’ll be wearing the uniform and the sign out front.

Please come and talk with us as I know you are actually a fair and reasonable person when not behind a bottle or computer. Addiction comes in many fashions.

With love,

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof

yyc757
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yyc757 »

Weed,

I will accept you partly answered the question. But then you went off on a rant or a tangent about unions! (Boring) Then you cut and paste huge swaths of old drivel that doesn't interest me and is not relevant. (Polluting the forum) Finally you try to name names. (Desperation -pathetic really)

This is an anonymous forum. I choose to be anonymous here. Rest assured if we ever cross paths I will not hesitate to challenge some (not all) of your doctrine. Honestly man... you need help.

Now back to the subject.

Yes it is all about Swoop.

I have absolutely no problem with the idea of Swoop as long as it is flown by WJ pilots at the SAME rates and conditions as WJ. (As it has been for the last 20 plus years )

Right now there is a loaded gun pointed at us. They've said 40 airplanes will go to Swoop. That is 240 LOYAL WJ pilots who will not get an upgrade.

My question to you is do you care at all about these pilots who will not be upgraded?

In your answer I don't want to hear about unions or agitators. I don't want to see old articles. I don't want to hear who's fault it is. I don't want to hear capitalist free market theory.

These are real people man. They have bills to pay and need to be able to feed, clothe and house their children. Think about the guy having to tell his wife I'm sorry, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It's $1707 from here on in. No upgrade because this company BROKE IT'S WORD and is hiring OTS captains.

When you answer this one single question i want you to consider how would you feel if it was YOU in that position? Pretend you've put in 8 to 10 years of your life in to this company and you are about to upgrade and then they suddenly "offer" you an upgrade for less pay at a "different" company. Pretend you've been loyal. You've worked hard. You've been dedicated and professional. Consider the contract that you have fully followed and obeyed. It that document it lays out how you will be upgraded. It's a promise. It's a contract. It's a covenant. And you have dutifully followed the contract at all hours of the day in sometimes difficult situations 24/7/365 FOR ALL THESE YEARS.... and suddenly the company no longer wants to honour this agreement. They want to upgrade some stranger. To use your sad example where companies are women, ponder that that women you've been married to after all these years wishes to change the rules and find someone else.

Now I know this may be a challenge for ya but I'm holding out hope Weed. You can do this! Empathize! Put yourself in someone else's shoes! And please answer my question.

Do you care at all about the 240 loyal WJ pilots that will not be upgraded because of Swoop?

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:09 am Same goes for bede, he can grow a set, drop the anonymity thing and ask me in person.
Nice try. You just did this recently. A friend of mine politely spoke to you personally and you wrote him up for discussing union stuff while he was "on duty".

I'm not falling for your trap.

Now answer the question, what's your opinion of the terms that the company is offering?

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Upon further consideration, I no longer identify as a scab. From this point on, I identify as a conscientious objector and thus refuse to take part in acts of economic violence.

That is all.

Gandhi John

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 am Upon further consideration, I no longer identify as a scab. From this point on, I identify as a conscientious objector and thus refuse to take part in acts of economic violence.

That is all.

Gandhi John
Oh John, taking the easy way out. Kinda like the WJPA did most of the time.

Your fantastic buddy. Keep up the great work you do for this pilot group.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

Weedpro,

My dad used to drink a lot - there were a few crazy consequences with that. That was over 20 years ago. I can hold onto a grudge or regard him for the helluva great dad he turned out to be.

Your arguments about how things went down at the regionals in the 80’s and 90’s are not relevant and not a reasonable case for life under ALPA now.

Recent comments from Captain Tim Canol (sp?) about Air North seem more relevant. “We are not in the business of putting companies out of business.”

Further, your previous airline experience has little to do with our status here at WS.

Further, no one is advocating for violence - period.

Further, we are entitled to have differing opinions - that’s ok. You’re intelligent enough to know when you’ve lost a debate.

Yes this whole debacle is mainly about Swoop. The needed scope language is a major component of a first CBA. We’re not talking about per diems - so the right to proceed with economic pressure is appropriate.

You’re in this for yourself and that’s your choice. I would respect that choice if only it was honest and not so thinly veiled by your posts.

Later.

JJJ

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

What's the point in even conversing with certain aliases anymore when they can't/won't answer direct questions, their position is a rare one (even the most anti-alpa pilots have come around in the past few weeks) and finally, when they display signature traits of Trump level narcissism.

Having differing opinions is great, being able to talk about them is better. But when one side is a wall, it's not worth the head banging.

Let's just all move on and direct our attention where it is needed.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 am Upon further consideration, I no longer identify as a scab. From this point on, I identify as a conscientious objector and thus refuse to take part in acts of economic violence.

That is all.

Gandhi John
Fair enough Gandhi. What's your opinion on the company's offer? (Remember Gandhi let his opinions of British colonialism be well known.)

bogey
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bogey »

I'm shocked at the amount of scabs that are in favour if scabbing on this thread. Makes me sick.

Return to “WestJet”