Everyday at WJ : union busting

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Everyday at WJ : union busting

Post by .80@410 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgjII4CR ... e=youtu.be

"Union busting 101"
In case anyone is interested ..
IMHO This is exactly what is faced by the pilots everyday at WJ.

Then additionally you have to put up with people like Weedpro.

Hopefully the pilots will stand up and say enough is enough.

"pilot facts" website hosted by management. Jeez Louise . It never ends. Talk about trying to "control "
I wonder how they would feel about a pilot designed "management facts " website. Prob not too pleased. But we are supposed to Just accept it.
---------- ADS -----------

Just callin it like it is.
WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Everyday at WJ : union busting

Post by WeedPro2000 »

.80@410 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:14 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgjII4CR ... e=youtu.be

"Union busting 101"
In case anyone is interested ..
IMHO This is exactly what is faced by the pilots everyday at WJ.

Then additionally you have to put up with people like Weedpro.

Hopefully the pilots will stand up and say enough is enough.

"pilot facts" website hosted by management. Jeez Louise . It never ends. Talk about trying to "control "
I wonder how they would feel about a pilot designed "management facts " website. Prob not too pleased. But we are supposed to Just accept it.
Grammar much?

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

Hey John. Did you manage to rip any more stickers off the clipboards?

Your such an inspiration

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

FlyingSquirrelSucker, have you figured out how to program your phone with the ALPA hotline number?

P.S. You seem to suffer from the same grammar challenges and your friend above. It's "you're", not "your".

I'm not sure what the big deal is dude. 15 years ago I accepted the job offer at WJ. I go to to work and earn my pay. I try to to a good job for my company and represent the brand as best as possible and leave the flight deck in a orderly condition when I leave the plane. Although I strenuously avoid ALPA talk at work, sometimes I post here. Get over it. I never volunteered to be an inspiration to you, to mentor you, to guide you, or to inform you. In short, I have no moral, ethical, legal, or any other duty of care toward you. I'm not your mom, your lover, your barber, or your lawyer. This isn't personal. I didn't join your union, I'm not joining your union, I'm not going on strike, and I don't give a rat's behind how that affects you and how that affects your feelings. If you want a hug, call home.

I'm off to work another OT shift. I hear there will be lots to choose from in the coming months so for that I say thank you.

ALPA 吹山羊

pigboat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pigboat »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:19 am FlyingSquirrelSucker, have you figured out how to program your phone with the ALPA hotline number?

P.S. You seem to suffer from the same grammar challenges and your friend above. It's "you're", not "your".

I'm not sure what the big deal is dude. 15 years ago I accepted the job offer at WJ. I go to to work and earn my pay. I try to to a good job for my company and represent the brand as best as possible and leave the flight deck in a orderly condition when I leave the plane. Although I strenuously avoid ALPA talk at work, sometimes I post here. Get over it. I never volunteered to be an inspiration to you, to mentor you, to guide you, or to inform you. In short, I have no moral, ethical, legal, or any other duty of care toward you. I'm not your mom, your lover, your barber, or your lawyer. This isn't personal. I didn't join your union, I'm not joining your union, I'm not going on strike, and I don't give a rat's behind how that affects you and how that affects your feelings. If you want a hug, call home.

I'm off to work another OT shift. I hear there will be lots to choose from in the coming months so for that I say thank you.

ALPA 吹山羊
A wonderful post.........a great explanation as to why the vast Majority of pilots need a Union. When you have five to ten percent of your pilots working for themselves and against the best interest of the majority, it diminishes making the max gains in bargaining. Not the first or last pilot group to face these challenges. One very good point; leave the talk about ALPA out of the flight deck if it is going to cause any upset. That is good advise!

Regards.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Uhhh, commenting on grammar when you yourself screw up. Well done.
WeedPro2000 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:19 am

ALPA 吹山羊

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

pigboat wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 am . When you have five to ten percent of your pilots working for themselves and against the best interest of the majority, it diminishes making the max gains in bargaining. .
Don't kid yourself. Everyone is out for themselves. We live in a capitalist society. That's the way it works.

Most of you WestJet pilots are a stunning example of the dunning-kruger effect.

You signed up to clean planes and then complain that you don't get the respect you deserve.

You can be rest assured many other pilots in Canada are bemused how you are all squabbling in public amongst yourselves. It reflects badly not only on your airline but the pilots. Frankly I wish I had the name of any pilot that uses the term scab against their fellow pilots and I would ensure I would never hire you. Stuck in the 1860's

Man up.

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:19 am FlyingSquirrelSucker, have you figured out how to program your phone with the ALPA hotline number?

ALPA 吹山羊
Selfish and clueless. Your post justifies how much of a liability you are to the pilot group I belong to.

I’m just checking my flight bag for the little violin I’m playing for you buddy

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:19 am FlyingSquirrelSucker,

I'm not sure what the big deal is dude. 15 years ago I accepted the job offer at WJ.

ALPA 吹山羊
And there lies half your problem problem. The company isn't what it was 15 years ago. Not even 8 years ago. Have you been out to lunch for that long not to notice? There comes a time when taking advantage of the pilot's good will and expecting more and more becomes enough.

There may be LOTS of OT in the coming months. Good luck finding an FO to fly with though.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:46 am Most of you WestJet pilots are a stunning example of the dunning-kruger effect.
I don't think that you understand the Dunning-Kruger effect.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 5220000056

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Bede wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 pm
eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:46 am Most of you WestJet pilots are a stunning example of the dunning-kruger effect.

I wrote a paper on it in my post grad. Yes I do believe I understand. The link still applies as intended.

Last edited by eyebrow737 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Bede wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Wow a whole term paper... maybe you're exhibit A.

I think you meant to call us hypocrites, not so ignorant that we fail to realize our own ignorance. Are we even claiming that we're experts in a certain subject?

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Last edited by Bede on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Getting back to the OP’s comment about having to deal with me. I’m not sure what that is supposed to mean. If what I post here is crap, off the wall, over the top, lies, bullsh!t, quackery, guff, quatsch, and just plain wrong, it shouldn’t be hard to use facts, words, arguments, logic, and perhaps the Socratic method to disprove or discredit what I say.

If that can’t be done, then I would suggest attacking my character and use emotion to power your thoughts. Lash out angrily at me because I disagree with you.

Frankly, after 15 years of being well treated by WJ management there is not a hope in ‘aitch ee double toothpicks’ that I could ever turn around and knowingly try to hurt the company or its customers. You guys are on your own. I’ll go the other way. I’m already printing up sandwich boards that have “Proudly Non-Union” on the front and my T4 on the back. You guys start picketing, then I will too.

Back to reading Game of Thrones in the original German. It sounds so much better.

Tschuss

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am Getting back to the OP’s comment about having to deal with me. I’m not sure what that is supposed to mean. If what I post here is crap, off the wall, over the top, lies, bullsh!t, quackery, guff, quatsch, and just plain wrong, it shouldn’t be hard to use facts, words, arguments, logic, and perhaps the Socratic method to disprove or discredit what I say.

If that can’t be done, then I would suggest attacking my character and use emotion to power your thoughts. Lash out angrily at me because I disagree with you.

Frankly, after 15 years of being well treated by WJ management there is not a hope in ‘aitch ee double toothpicks’ that I could ever turn around and knowingly try to hurt the company or its customers. You guys are on your own. I’ll go the other way. I’m already printing up sandwich boards that have “Proudly Non-Union” on the front and my T4 on the back. You guys start picketing, then I will too.

Back to reading Game of Thrones in the original German. It sounds so much better.

Tschuss
Poor John, now your the victim.

You always try to turn union support into a negative, “knowingly try to hurt the company and guests” nice try John.

It’s pilots representing pilots, improving the working conditions for all pilots. It’s not about hurting the company, but something a person would say that doesn’t have a valid argument about the situation. Your post is weak, your rational baseless, but feel sorry for me anyways.

Oh, and always mention my T4! That will solve everything.

Good luck with the sandwich board John. Who said we were going to strike? Another unsupported untruth.

Maybe in your follow up post you can include phrases like, “cost neutral” “blended in” “flexibility”

Waiting anxiously!

Your pal

hurtin'albertan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hurtin'albertan »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am Getting back to the OP’s comment about having to deal with me. I’m not sure what that is supposed to mean. If what I post here is crap, off the wall, over the top, lies, bullsh!t, quackery, guff, quatsch, and just plain wrong, it shouldn’t be hard to use facts, words, arguments, logic, and perhaps the Socratic method to disprove or discredit what I say.

Tschuss
"I've been treated well"
"My T4"
"I love myself" (another thread, celebrating how "clever" you were)
etc.

It's all about John, all the time. Ironic that people say unions are for the selfish, when the exact opposite is true. Some of the most rabid anti-union folk I know are also the most selfish.

Have a little Google on "narcissist" and see if you can't find a photo of yourself.

I'll take extra onion on my sandwich John. Hold the mayo.

sportingrifle
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sportingrifle »

Last month, Big Red hired 7 Encore and 3 WJ pilots, about par for the preceding few months, and probably a good snapshot of things to come in the next year or two. I think WJ has bigger pilot problems than Swoop and problems that some guy in a wingsuit isn't going to be able solve no matter how much he wants to.

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

WestJet casts big net for Swoop pilots

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/westjet ... -1.4609563

"Labour relations consultant George Smith, a fellow at the School of Public Policy at Queen's University and a former director of employee relations at Air Canada, was surprised by what he thinks looks like a "highly aggressive" move by the company.

"It basically says to the WestJet pilots who are in negotiation, 'We're going to operate Swoop come hell or high water regardless of whether it impacts these negotiations and your right, or otherwise, to fly those airplanes,'" Smith said."

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

Make sure on your T4 sandwich you let people know how you make 400K and the average CANNOT.

Single.
Bids YYC 1 day sked and drops it all
Picks up YYZ OT
Time bank to 50 hrs cash out to get 20% Espp.

It's not really an option available to 95% of us. Great that working the system works for you, but the majority are trying to make things better for everyone. Imagine if you didn't have to do all that hard work. Get paid more. Work less. Draft pay. Etc etc. It all works out to equal more time being a meat bomb in California enjoying life.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Return to “WestJet”