Clive Bedoe plea to pilots video

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Icamefromspace
Rank 1
Rank 1

Clive Bedoe plea to pilots video

Post by Icamefromspace »

https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comment ... r_dispute/

Can't find the direct link to youtube or whatever but there it is.
---------- ADS -----------

Tango Niner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Clive Bedoe plea to pilots video

Post by Tango Niner »

It's being portrayed on Reddit as a current video, in response to the 91% strike vote we recently held.

In fact this video is from 2013, meant for WJ pilots' eyes only, sent to us prior to voting on our last agreement.

T9

Edited to get the date correct. Thanks Tacoma.

Last edited by Tango Niner on Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

That video is 5 years old.

It was recorded when the pilots rejected the proposed work agreement from the internal non-union back id 2012, I believe. Guess what they renegotiated and the sun rose again the next day.

Multi-millionaires getting mad because someone else decides they are worth more than is being offered is priceless.

I am sure his mood is quite similar these days but so far he has resisted the urge to videotape it.

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

It’s actually from Nov 2013 during the lead up to the vote for Version 1 of the industry leading concessionary TA the WJPA presented. It was shown after a Webcast with GGG.

I’ve heard the original copy CB wanted shown was much worse and this was the severely toned down version.

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

"Competitors are paying less, so we have to pay even more less". What a crock of s#!%....terrible argument. Good luck WestJet folks!

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

He doesn't seem to understand the difference between career airlines and stepping stone airlines. He says they are paying more than market rate yet he is losing pilots to Air Canada every month. So which market are you looking at? Sunwing he mentioned.

Hopefully some pilot manager explains to him how pilots view career progression as he seems to look on them as any other labor group at his company. I wonder if he has any idea of he earning potential of experienced Captains on the world pilot market right now. He needs to decide if he wants to be a stepping stone company or a career company. Both have their merits.

FenceSitter
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FenceSitter »

Icamefromspace wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:06 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comment ... r_dispute/

Can't find the direct link to youtube or whatever but there it is.
Well now....they (WJ legal) got that taken down pretty quickly. I sure hope someone has a copy.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

Dear Clive the World has changed from what it was when you started Westjet. You can no longer get away with charging every pilot applicant a $25.00 fee just for the privilege of applying for a job. :roll:

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

tsgas wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:40 am Dear Clive the World has changed from what it was when you started Westjet. You can no longer get away with charging every pilot applicant a $25.00 fee just for the privilege of applying for a job. :roll:

What? First time I heard of that.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

confusedalot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:00 pm
tsgas wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:40 am Dear Clive the World has changed from what it was when you started Westjet. You can no longer get away with charging every pilot applicant a $25.00 fee just for the privilege of applying for a job. :roll:

What? First time I heard of that.
As the saying goes " you learn something new every day ".

Return to “WestJet”