WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Post by Legacy »

Not so sure about that eyebrow. I am not affected by swoop at all. But I still think it’s all wrong including these people that are stepping on the current employees feet. Before I take a job I research the hell out of the company. If these guys didn’t know that they were jumping into the lion’s den then that’s their fault.....but I’m pretty sure they did.
---------- ADS -----------

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Of course they knew what they were doing. But when you're garbage you don't care. It's all me me me. That's not even what I find the most revolting. Just accept what you are. Don't pretend you're anything else. If they said "ya I knew I was scabbing myself and totally undermining the whole WJ pilot group but I don't care" at least they might get a little respect.

To come on here and defend it and start to antagonize people when they get a favourable ruling is beyond the pale.

Disgusting.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:06 pm
Hangry wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:59 pm
eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Let me guess. Jazz?
maybe. maybe not. maybe I am WJ. Why does that matter at all?
Talking about company culture. Some have a great culture, some used to have a great culture and some never have.

You just said that you have never worked at westjet.

Obviously you can't be trusted on what you say.

That and only having just signed up, puts you in the troll category.
how many posts until i'm not a troll?

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Fanblade wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:35 pm
eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Makes one happy to have never worked at WJ. You all do seem like a miserable uptight hateful bunch.
Hmmm......

What I see is a bunch of victims reacting as expected considering the situation.

I also see a bunch of perpetrators attempting to paint themselves as victims.
If only the world was so simple. Good vs evil. Victims vs perpetrators.

WestJet is a company well known for being thrifty. Anyone that did not see this coming was happily naive.

Sometimes ignorance is not bliss. Sometimes being a 'victim' was not being fully aware of ones environment and preparing accordingly.
I think they were fully aware and fully engaged. It’s why they went from non union to strike mandate so fast. They had to move as quickly as possible to defend thier rights against a “thrifty” company bent on breaking promises.

I think that displays anything but naivety.

The anger you are reading is palpable. Yet understandable. Attempting to take something that belongs to someone else is called what? Attempting to sell something that doesn’t belong to you is called what?

I am not a WJ pilot but certainly feel for the betrayal they feel from thier company and those peers who tried to help them.

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:35 pm I was out on the deck this morning with my wife and a murder of crows were attacking another hapless crow who had wandered into their territory. They were constantly harranging the single crow until it was on the ground too exhausted to fly.

Makes one happy to have never worked at WJ. You all do seem like a miserable uptight hateful bunch.
I'd have more pity and compassion for the crow than the swoop scabs.

Speaking of which, the list of names was just passed out via the chat forums.

Just callin it like it is.
FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

I think most of the Swoop OTS guys are career F/Os chasing a left seat and that’s all that matters to them... Captainitis.

Tb was an F/O in the sand box, an F/O at Canadian North, and an F/O at Sunwing. Went to the TSB and saw an opportunity for that coveted left seat at Swoop.

hamstandard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hamstandard »

FICU wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm I think most of the Swoop OTS guys are career F/Os chasing a left seat and that’s all that matters to them... Captainitis.

Tb was an F/O in the sand box, an F/O at Canadian North, and an F/O at Sunwing. Went to the TSB and saw an opportunity for that coveted left seat at Swoop.
Looks like he will be in a perfect position within a year, if he ever goes back to the TSB, to write a report on the ability/likelyhood of airline pilots to put professionalism ahead of personal politics during flight operations regardless of the rightness/wrongness of the issues. Let us know in a year what the result is.

Remember, CRM is a two way street. Creating an unfriendly atmoshphere with just the minimum wall of silence will increase risk. Be honest with yourself, will you be professional if faced with this situation.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

FICU wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm I think most of the Swoop OTS guys are career F/Os chasing a left seat and that’s all that matters to them... Captainitis.

You think wrong. I know a few of the captains and they were all widebody captains flying overseas for big airlines. Some are even ACPs. I also believe a number may have been captains at AC express feeders.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I am not condoning or condemning anyone who chose to go to Swoop. I do however like to try to see both sides of the coin so I will offer this up....
If WJ were to fold tomorrow, and AC offered DEC spots to former WJ captains, how many would reject the offer because they didn’t want to jump the line in front of those hundreds of AC FOs?
Just a thought.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:08 am I am not condoning or condemning anyone who chose to go to Swoop. I do however like to try to see both sides of the coin so I will offer this up....
If WJ were to fold tomorrow, and AC offered DEC spots to former WJ captains, how many would reject the offer because they didn’t want to jump the line in front of those hundreds of AC FOs?
Just a thought.
That would never happen. AC is a real company where seniority matters.

Bad example.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:08 am I am not condoning or condemning anyone who chose to go to Swoop. I do however like to try to see both sides of the coin so I will offer this up....
Just a thought.
Never happen. Every single person on property gets a shot at those positions before anyone OTS.

If we what you suggest was attempted their would be all out war.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I recall DEC at AC prior to 911
And the question wasn’t how would AC pilots react, the question was, hypothetically of course, would WJ pilots take DEC jobs or would they turn it down because they felt it was morally wrong?

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 pm I recall DEC at AC prior to 911
And the question wasn’t how would AC pilots react, the question was, hypothetically of course, would WJ pilots take DEC jobs or would they turn it down because they felt it was morally wrong?
According to the morals of most of the people on these threads, if westjet were to go under tomorrow and a Captain was given the choice of DEC or bottom of the FO list and wait for 10 years for an upgrade... Even though they had already been in command and waited 10 years at westjet for that upgrade...

Well according to these guys they would never think of the hard work they have already put into their career, the years of experience they have built and they would elect to go behind a 22 year old FO with 500 hours.

That's the way they explain it, but some how I feel if they were in that position, their morals would take a step back for at least until checking the line.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

DEC only existed because those on the property weren't taking it...

We have a chance, up to 6 times a year, to bid on seats that need filling... if something is being offered to new hires, it's because it's not being filled... if it was offered to a new hire and they wanted it then good for them, THEY SHOULD TAKE IT and everyone here would just say "wow, crazy times!"... they're joining here and that's within the deal, they aren't taking it from anyone... it's not morally wrong....

... and hypothetically, if a new hire for DEC and they get trained ahead of someone senior that does want it and bid it, then that person gets paid the Captain rate from the day the junior guy checks out.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

It is a tough question to answer when you are really being honest with yourself

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

If you are going to make comparisons you could actually make apples to apples ones that made sense.

What part of "any Captain positions would have been offered in house before OTS hires" is so tough to comprehend ? Oh and Same pay too.

Your attempted comparisons are beyond idiotic.

An actual scenerio would be AC Starts "Stink" airlines and offers it to OTS hires before mainline or Rouge pilots, at 60% of the current wages. See the difference to your made-up ones ?

Jeez. Could you please proof read your posts for some semblance of reality before posting dribble trying to justify your POV ?

Just callin it like it is.
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!
LoL

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:31 am You think wrong. I know a few of the captains and they were all widebody captains flying overseas for big airlines. Some are even ACPs. I also believe a number may have been captains at AC express feeders.
I said "most" you said "a few".

Last edited by FICU on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:31 am You think wrong. I know a few of the captains and they were all widebody captains flying overseas for big airlines. Some are even ACPs. I also believe a number may have been captains at AC express feeders.
I said "most" you said "a few". :)

Last edited by FICU on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

.80@410 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:04 pm If you are going to make comparisons you could actually make apples to apples ones that made sense.

What part of "any Captain positions would have been offered in house before OTS hires" is so tough to comprehend ? Oh and Same pay too.

Your attempted comparisons are beyond idiotic.

An actual scenerio would be AC Starts "Stink" airlines and offers it to OTS hires before mainline or Rouge pilots, at 60% of the current wages. See the difference to your made-up ones ?

Jeez. Could you please proof read your posts for some semblance of reality before posting dribble trying to justify your POV ?
Run along now little one. Let the Captains talk.

Last edited by eyebrow737 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “WestJet”