WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Post by lostaviator »

Good to know. Still the cheaper option in the long run.
---------- ADS -----------

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

RidersRule wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:13 pm
tbaylx wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:24 am
FICU wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:12 am Why would Swoop operate under a different SOP? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Have you held a Captain position on the 737 previously tbaylx? If you haven't how would Swoop allow you to be a training pilot?

I never said either way if I am a training pilot or not and yes I've held a 737 & other 705 large jet captain positions previously.
Did you whore yourself out in these other cases and sh!t on over 700 of my colleagues who are first officers or is this a first time?
He was at Jetsgo....

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:24 am I never said either way if I am a training pilot or not and yes I've held a 737 & other 705 large jet captain positions previously.
Captain at Sunwing?

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

I was out on the deck this morning with my wife and a murder of crows were attacking another hapless crow who had wandered into their territory. They were constantly harranging the single crow until it was on the ground too exhausted to fly.

Makes one happy to have never worked at WJ. You all do seem like a miserable uptight hateful bunch.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

I've never worked at WJ. I still think tbaylx is a scab piece of garbage. What's your point?

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Hangry wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:42 pm I've never worked at WJ. I still think tbaylx is a scab piece of garbage. What's your point?
Let me guess. Jazz?

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:25 pm
Hangry wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:42 pm I've never worked at WJ. I still think tbaylx is a scab piece of garbage. What's your point?
Let me guess. Jazz?
maybe. maybe not. maybe I am WJ. Why does that matter at all?

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Hangry wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:59 pm
Let me guess. Jazz?
Talking about company culture. Some have a great culture, some used to have a great culture and some never have.

You just said that you have never worked at westjet.

Obviously you can't be trusted on what you say.

That and only having just signed up, puts you in the troll category.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Makes one happy to have never worked at WJ. You all do seem like a miserable uptight hateful bunch.
Hmmm......

What I see is a bunch of victims reacting as expected considering the situation.

I also see a bunch of perpetrators attempting to paint themselves as victims.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Fanblade wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:35 pm
Hmmm......

What I see is a bunch of victims reacting as expected considering the situation.

If only the world was so simple. Good vs evil. Victims vs perpetrators.

WestJet is a company well known for being thrifty. Anyone that did not see this coming was happily naive.

Sometimes ignorance is not bliss. Sometimes being a 'victim' was not being fully aware of ones environment and preparing accordingly.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Hmmm......

WestJet is a company well known for being thrifty. Anyone that did not see this coming was happily naive.

Sometimes ignorance is not bliss. Sometimes being a 'victim' was not being fully aware of ones environment and preparing accordingly.

And sometimes people are just bottom feeders. And sometimes people just bounce from job to job because their never happy, never successful, and they step on anyone and everyone to try achieve that.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

RidersRule wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Hmmm......

And sometimes people are just bottom feeders. And sometimes people just bounce from job to job because their never happy, never successful, and they step on anyone and everyone to try achieve that.
Ah, so staying at westjet for twenty years makes one successful? Some people take enjoyment out of a diversity of situations to continue to push themselves and learn more.

Some would say that doing the same routes for the same airline over and over again would be the very definition of not pushing yourself to new limits.

I guess it all depends on ones view point doesn't it?.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Lol. Sure. Something like that. You clearly don’t get it.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

RidersRule wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:03 pm Lol. Sure. Something like that. You clearly don’t get it.
Clearly not. I'll tell you what I do see. A bunch of sniveling whinehards that play the modern day Canadian pastime of a being a victim without taking any accountability for their actions.

You thought life was fair and now hard reality has just given you a cold slap like a midwife.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Lol

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Not so sure about that eyebrow. I am not affected by swoop at all. But I still think it’s all wrong including these people that are stepping on the current employees feet. Before I take a job I research the hell out of the company. If these guys didn’t know that they were jumping into the lion’s den then that’s their fault.....but I’m pretty sure they did.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Of course they knew what they were doing. But when you're garbage you don't care. It's all me me me. That's not even what I find the most revolting. Just accept what you are. Don't pretend you're anything else. If they said "ya I knew I was scabbing myself and totally undermining the whole WJ pilot group but I don't care" at least they might get a little respect.

To come on here and defend it and start to antagonize people when they get a favourable ruling is beyond the pale.

Disgusting.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:06 pm
Hangry wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Let me guess. Jazz?
Talking about company culture. Some have a great culture, some used to have a great culture and some never have.

You just said that you have never worked at westjet.

Obviously you can't be trusted on what you say.

That and only having just signed up, puts you in the troll category.
how many posts until i'm not a troll?

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Hmmm......

I think they were fully aware and fully engaged. It’s why they went from non union to strike mandate so fast. They had to move as quickly as possible to defend thier rights against a “thrifty” company bent on breaking promises.

I think that displays anything but naivety.

The anger you are reading is palpable. Yet understandable. Attempting to take something that belongs to someone else is called what? Attempting to sell something that doesn’t belong to you is called what?

I am not a WJ pilot but certainly feel for the betrayal they feel from thier company and those peers who tried to help them.

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:35 pm I was out on the deck this morning with my wife and a murder of crows were attacking another hapless crow who had wandered into their territory. They were constantly harranging the single crow until it was on the ground too exhausted to fly.

I'd have more pity and compassion for the crow than the swoop scabs.

Speaking of which, the list of names was just passed out via the chat forums.

Just callin it like it is.

Return to “WestJet”