China_CAAC's Merged Threads

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: The End of the WPDL Confirmed

Post by cloak »

Persistently perhaps, he seems to make a plausible case for his arguments based on precedence and ALPA's constitution. And as the arbitration does not seem to include Encore, attempting to bring it in via an LOU at this late stage will likely prolong the process further.
---------- ADS -----------

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Poll: The One List under ALPA? (53 votes cast)

Post by The Tenth Man »

Answer the poll question:

Last edited by The Tenth Man on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Onepilotonehandle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Poll: Have Your Say: The One List under ALPA?

Post by Onepilotonehandle »

Answer the troll question....did you vote No 5 times?!

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pacman007 »

Why are you posting a poll you have no control over or know the real answer to. You are truly truly someone special... oh and how’s the poll looking?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Where's the option where I don't want to feed the troll?

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: The End of the WPDL Confirmed

Post by cloak »

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

Stupid question: if there is one list between WestJet and Encore, why was this LOU being presented and pursued as of November?

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: LOU Proposal Nov 2, 2018

Post by CaptainHaddock »

‘As a pilot at WJ, I do have a clear interest in knowing how the MEC plans to address the issues surrounding the WPDL legacy.’

Pick up your phone and call your rep, or ask away on a public chat room sounding off like a victim. One will give you an answer, the other will drag this silly thread on. The change in MEC executive won’t change the WPDL process.

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

China_CAAC_Exam wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 am
Bede wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:39 am There is not a new MEC. There is a new executive.
Quibbling over semantics, Francis? Wouldn't you rather answer the question posed in the thread title? In the absence of a clear reason for the sacking of the MEC chairman, it is a reasonable inference that his removal had something to do with his communication seven days prior in which he announced that the MEC would be approaching WJ soon with a proposed LOU regarding recognizing the seniority rights of WJE pilots "within the WestJet group."

Did the MEC have the authorization of the ALPA President to begin negotiating with WJ regarding a merger of the seniority lists of WJ and WJE pilots?

If as you say, the WJ MEC today is the same MEC as on November 2, 2018, then I would ask this question:

Does the WJ MEC intent to follow through its announced intention to present an LOU soon to WJ that will propose a merger of the seniority lists of WJ and WJE pilots?

hurtin' albertan, I think the 500 WJE pilots have an interest in knowing the intentions of the MEC. They are not members of the WJ ALPA bargaining unit and therefore not able to access the WJ MEC nor any of the WJ LEC's. As a non-member of ALPA, I am in the same boat. As a pilot at WJ, I do have a clear interest in knowing how the MEC plans to address the issues surrounding the WPDL legacy.

Semantics. NO. It's not semantics.

The MEC or "Master Executive Council" consists or the ELECTED LEC reps and the MEC Chair (who is appointed by the ELECTED LEC representatives). The MEC Executive consist of the MEC Chair, Vice Chair and Sec/Treasurer who get their mandate from the Master Executive Council who in turn get their mandate from the MEMBERS. You know, joe blow line pilot. Not the other way around. Sounds like you have no fucking clue about anything and really like to harp on a union that you know nothing about.

The MEC can negotiate whatever the hell they want without the "ALPA President" signing off. WJ ALPA owns their list and they can do whatever they want with it PROVIDED THE MEMBERSHIP VOTES YES. You SERIOUSLY have no idea how anything works, you are making a fool of yourself on here.

MEC/Negots negotiate a deal or LOU. It then gets passed to the MEC (see my note above on what the MEC is) and if the MEC says "we like this" then it goes to the members.

The union can negotiate whatever the @#$! they want. They could say "HEY LETS INVERT THE LIST YOLO" and if it passes (it won't) then it passes and becomes law.

Give it a rest already. For a guy who is so anti ALPA and isn't even a member you really like to pretend that you know how it all works.

Last edited by Lightchop on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

CaptainHaddock wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 pm ‘As a pilot at WJ, I do have a clear interest in knowing how the MEC plans to address the issues surrounding the WPDL legacy.’

Pick up your phone and call your rep, or ask away on a public chat room sounding off like a victim. One will give you an answer, the other will drag this silly thread on. The change in MEC executive won’t change the WPDL process.

By calling his rep he would be "giving in" to the union. Remember this is a fella who refuses to sign an ALPA card and is one of the most vocal ANTI ALPA members on this site. You really think he's going to call his rep? I forsee a higher probability of it snowing in July.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

Post by pelmet »

Sorry guys, I hope you don't mind.....I followed part of the thread and then missed a bunch. As an update for me, how many of the Swoop captains(I believe they will be F/O's) will be staying on/leaving. What about the Swoop F.O's.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

I’m sure Flair is happy they were punted from the left seat. Your favourite OTS Swoopster is over there chasing his left seat from what I’ve heard.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Heard there is 16 left, that was a couple weeks ago.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Could be. I know Tablyx has gone to Flair.

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

I see Tablyx is still on westnet!?

Are westjet pilots who are at swoop wearing the WJ uniform or swoop shirt. Saw a Facebook a guy wearing his WJ uniform there. Kudos and proud if that’s the case.

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

It's really pathetic and immature how some keep going on about this. Theirs is the example of a team that is so focused on who they perceive as a "Maradona" (few direct-hire pilots) that they have lost focus on important issues and conceded 6 or 7 goals without even turning around to notice it!!

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

What was the outcome with salary and working conditions? Did the Westjet pilots who went to Swoop keep their salary or take a pay cut?

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

cloak wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 pm It's really pathetic and immature how some keep going on about this. Theirs is the example of a team that is so focused on who they perceive as a "Maradona" (few direct-hire pilots) that they have lost focus on important issues and conceded 6 or 7 goals without even turning around to notice it!!
Curious ... Are you at WJ ? If not then how could your opinion have any weight if it doesn’t affect you in any way? Who are you to tell those that it directly affects that they are immature and pathetic ? You ignore this one issue and you might as well put up an neon sign telling other Scabs it’s ok to F your peers.
Good on ALPA for fighting it.

We’ve got 14 of them left. Some of them think they will be saved by chasing a training Captain position. The arbitrator has been made aware and with any luck he will deal with that too.

Just callin it like it is.

Return to “WestJet”