How did it work out?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

How did it work out?

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Just wondering how the battle worked out. Did swoop pilots end up flying for mainline wages?
Are the off the street Swoop captains keeping their positions?
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Tango Niner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How did it work out?

Post by Tango Niner »

Swoop Capt's keep their positions for now. Contract is still being negotiated with 3rd party. Arbitrated settlement ETA is end of Sept.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Did any mainline pilots go over to swoop?

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Yes. All open capt positions were filled by WJ pilots. All open FO positions were filled by Encore pilots.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Common employer, pilots represented by ALPA, I'm willing to wager the wawcon will be rouge conditions if not our own. TBD, months away. Everyone enjoy your summers and unwind.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Did the mainline crews go over at the advertised swoop wages?

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

They accepted positions but wont be online till about the time the contract drops. It's a gamble but IMHO one that I think will pan out.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

KAG wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm Common employer, pilots represented by ALPA, I'm willing to wager the wawcon will be rouge conditions if not our own. TBD, months away. Everyone enjoy your summers and unwind.
I thought Rouge conditions were our own, with a few tweeks, or am I mistaken?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:45 am
KAG wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm Common employer, pilots represented by ALPA, I'm willing to wager the wawcon will be rouge conditions if not our own. TBD, months away. Everyone enjoy your summers and unwind.
I thought Rouge conditions were our own, with a few tweeks, or am I mistaken?
Are you intentionally obtuse? I would imagine if your current conditions are equal to Rouge, the plan is to improve them. Of course now that the Swoop horse has left the barn, the best you could hope for is Rouge conditions at Swoop but you knew that!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Obtuse? F U.

I legitimately don’t know. Do you? Or are you just an a$$? From what I hear, Rouge’s first contract was a mirror of our previous agreement. It may have been tweaked since then. Hence the question.

I’ve worked three days since May 14 and it’s looking like I’ll work 10 days or less in August. I’m keen to see how great this new contract will be for us.

Just for clarity mbav8r, F U. You can phone me at 25zero 2zero8 seven four 6 2 for that message in person.

John “I don’t hide behind a pseudonym” Swallow (the younger)

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

And I guess it bears repeating that last year I made $389,000 by piloting an airplane in Canada. This year I’m trying to be god’s gift to BASE jumping and have 95 jumps in the last 8 weeks. All of the above because of what some would have you believe was a shitty agreement negotiated by the WJPA.

Although I passed my Sim Evaluation with a Chinese airline, I am staying put. Even if ALPA has f@cked things up royally (and they have), I’m in a great position at a great airline.

YMMV.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Me not being obtuse on Saturday on a 285 foot cliff.

Attachments
37568803_10156159367125862_4862983043087859712_o.jpg
37568803_10156159367125862_4862983043087859712_o.jpg (237.03 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 pm Obtuse? F U.

I legitimately don’t know. Do you? Or are you just an a$$? From what I hear, Rouge’s first contract was a mirror of our previous agreement. It may have been tweaked since then. Hence the question.

I’ve worked three days since May 14 and it’s looking like I’ll work 10 days or less in August. I’m keen to see how great this new contract will be for us.

Just for clarity mbav8r, F U. You can phone me at 25zero 2zero8 seven four 6 2 for that message in person.

Apparently you can be riled, good, for all your antagonistic posts on the Swoop topic I’m glad to know you have feelings.
The question was, what conditions are the WJ pilots getting at Swoop, the guess was in the end it will either mirror Rouge or WJ, making a logical assumption your current conditions(Rouge) will improve at WJ but likely not the same at Swoop, probably a good guess too.
Things is, I prefer anonymity, some of your colleagues think you are mentally unstable due your lack of anonymity, enjoy your infamy.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

mbav8r wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:58 am
WeedPro2000 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 pm Obtuse? F U.

Apparently you can be riled, good, for all your antagonistic posts on the Swoop topic I’m glad to know you have feelings.
The question was, what conditions are the WJ pilots getting at Swoop, the guess was in the end it will either mirror Rouge or WJ, making a logical assumption your current conditions(Rouge) will improve at WJ but likely not the same at Swoop, probably a good guess too.
Things is, I prefer anonymity, some of your colleagues think you are mentally unstable due your lack of anonymity, enjoy your infamy.
Dang, topic of swoop sometimes brings out the childhood scars in some people.
I’m personally thinking positive, mind you I might just end up being naive and full of shit. But I do believe it’s only uphill from here, personally.
WestJet’s contract IS going to get better, meaning better than rouge.
Swoops current wawcon, as of today, has lots of room for improvement, and its coming. So please stop this non sense, hiding behind the screen Cold War. I didn’t vote for trump, not that Clinton would’ve been any better.
So let’s all enjoy the beaut summer, spend quality time with family and / or friends, bbq, travel, enjoy nature and be outdoors, all while supporting each other and hoping for the best.
Let’s pick up this convo and participate in healthy / half heated debate in the fall when the new contract falls on everyone’s lap.

Ps. We got what we wanted so far. Our boys are flying/going to fly swoop. Just take it as a win, the details will be figured out in the near future. Thanks to those of you who went there blindly from mainline/encore while waiting for wawcon to be set in stone. The OG peeps that went to swoop while we were fighting to get the flying, I used to consider them a scab. But after much thought, and therapy, I don’t care anymore. It’s a job, they have families, and they’ve already faced the brunt of it. Let them be, they will weed themselves out if they are actually that shitty as people. In the meanwhile, they only need to be professional and talented pilots, is all anyone asks for, which I’m sure they are/will be.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 pm And I guess it bears repeating that last year I made $389,000 by piloting an airplane in Canada.
Glad to see that OT is working out for you. My question again: what is your opinion of the company's proposal to institute reserve? Not ALPA's idea; the company's.

Also, no one will take you up on calling you. You're baiting people. A guy actually took you up on the offer and you wrote him up for harassing you. Everyone knows your games.

musicalpilotchairs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by musicalpilotchairs »

There’s a pilot shortage, this company can’t afford reserve.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

musicalpilotchairs wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 pm There’s a pilot shortage, this company can’t afford reserve.
You just jinxed it!

musicalpilotchairs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by musicalpilotchairs »

Lol
The airline execs of the day are praying for an economical downturn just to spite us evil greedy pilots.
....rrrright

Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Bede wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:40 pm Yes. All open capt positions were filled by WJ pilots. All open FO positions were filled by Encore pilots.
I heard 6 FO's only went from Encore to Swoop, my info is 1 week old.

Return to “WestJet”