Non flying job

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Arcano
Rank 0
Rank 0

Non flying job

Post by Arcano »

Hi folks,

I'm considering applying for a non flying job with WS, as I know little about the airline can someone tell me what's it like to work for them? Interested to know about the work environment, cost of living in Calgary, career opportunities, benefits. I'll be moving with a family of 4 kids so schooling is also something I'm interested in.

thanks
---------- ADS -----------

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Non flying job

Post by lostaviator »

Most professions at HQ/campus are under-compensated vs comparable jobs in other industries/companies. Cost of living in YYC is reasonable with higher than average housing prices but also some of the lowest taxes in the country. Benefits are so-so; you'll be paying for a good chunk of them out of pocket and there is no pension. BBQ and bake sales are a bonus if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you don't know much about the airline, I am willing to wager your chances of being hired are pretty slim, but..... consider that a blessing in disguise - unless you are a high level executive, or a pilot, you will find more happiness and money in other companies.

dxper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Non flying job

Post by dxper »

-

Return to “WestJet”