China_CAAC's Merged Threads

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

Post by KAG »

eyebrow737 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:52 pm
Sharklasers wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:29 pm I think most of us can agree that today is a good day for Canadian Aviation and a victory for organized labour.
Hopefully most of the 26 will go back to the rocks that they crawled out from under and reflect on the damage they nearly inflicted on the rest of the industry.

Congrats ALPA. Keep up the good work.
Says the pilots that pick up trash. You, my misinformed friend are doing the real damage. You and your organized labor communist gang that rewards time served instead of talent. Any removal of meritocracy from our lives only rewards laziness.

Have you ever wondered why Canadian aviation pays the worst and has the worst benefits? It's because of idiots like you who keep on pushing a broken system.

If you really had any care for the industry you would stop doing the same thing over and over again and expecting it to change.

The definition of WestJet truely is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

You dimwits are all the problem. But what could you expect from discount rate airline pilots that wear rubber gloves to work
Easy there princess, Your arguments make zero sense. If we were doing the same thing over and over again wouldn't we still be under the wjpa? Which yes we would still be grooming. And since we did unionize, and are trying to get better conditions, we are improving the compensation.
As for lack of talent, yeah I agree that may have applied to some swoop pilots who didnt deserve those spots, but not to fret, problem solved. We're fixing those mistakes.
So all in all a great day indeed.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by KAG on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mr. North »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:10 pm Further, the existing Swoop OTS pilots are ahead of any Encore pilots who eventually will flow to WJ mainline.
Incorrect. The OTS Swoop pilots hold seniority based on their date of hire on the WPDL. The flow through agreement between WestJet and Encore is currently frozen and will most certainly be ratified going forward (all parties want it). Therefore the Swoop pilots are in fact behind around 500 Encore pilots but ahead of anyone hired since the spring. Safe to say it'll be quite some time before they can hold the left seat again, and rightfully so.

They still stand to benefit from 1 for 1 YOS (which no Encore pilot enjoys). And there's a good chance they'll enjoy pay parity as well.

If relocating to Hamilton is not an option, they can always apply to serve their penance at Encore.

Rezy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rezy »

Mr. North wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm
WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:10 pm Further, the existing Swoop OTS pilots are ahead of any Encore pilots who eventually will flow to WJ mainline.
Incorrect. The OTS Swoop pilots hold seniority based on their date of hire on the WPDL. The flow through agreement between WestJet and Encore is currently frozen and will most certainly be ratified going forward (all parties want it). Therefore the Swoop pilots are in fact behind around 500 Encore pilots but ahead of anyone hired since the spring. Safe to say it'll be quite some time before they can hold the left seat again, and rightfully so.

They still stand to benefit from 1 for 1 YOS (which no Encore pilot enjoys). And there's a good chance they'll enjoy pay parity as well.

If relocating to Hamilton is not an option, they can always apply to serve their penance at Encore.
I don’t think they will have pay pairity as by the time the new agreement comes out Dec 31. All of them will be FOs with pay protection at $103/hr “until such time as they can bid into a position equal to the one from which they have been displaced.” - So that means to me that they stay at $103 until they bid something different.
Also YOS is not guaranteed for Swoop pilots yet, so who knows how that will shake out.

An interesting note: bypass captains can choose not to bypass into Swoop and retain there money earned from bypass pay. Anyone know why that is?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Sharklasers wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:29 pm I think most of us can agree that today is a good day for Canadian Aviation and a victory for organized labour.
Hopefully most of the 26 will go back to the rocks that they crawled out from under and reflect on the damage they nearly inflicted on the rest of the industry.

Says the pilots that pick up trash. You, my misinformed friend are doing the real damage. You and your organized labor communist gang that rewards time served instead of talent. Any removal of meritocracy from our lives only rewards laziness.

Have you ever wondered why Canadian aviation pays the worst and has the worst benefits? It's because of idiots like you who keep on pushing a broken system.

If you really had any care for the industry you would stop doing the same thing over and over again and expecting it to change.

The definition of WestJet truely is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

You dimwits are all the problem. But what could you expect from discount rate airline pilots that wear rubber gloves to work
LOL...

Seems the only "talent" and "merit" these Swoop bozos had was a willing to work for substandard pay rates, undercutting those trying to press it in the right direction.

No! It's idiots like you who are willing to work for less that drag it down.

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

My guess: the company lobbied for this. They didn’t want 26 people getting by-pass indefinitely (especially with the risk of a higher pay scale coming in a few months) and wanted to tidy things up the best they could having already lost part of the battle.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

RidersRule wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Well,

Me thinks we just found one of the displaced OTS Swoop captains 😂...
Far from it chump. Just a seasoned guy sick of the hypocrisy coming from your company. As far as I am concerned you all dragged the industry down when you accepted your job at WestJet. Check my history and you will figure out who I work for.

Then you all say you are trying to fix it. Yet you happily accepted the job in the first place.

Take it from me the rest of Canadian aviation owes you all nothing.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

altiplano wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:38 pm

LOL...

Seems the only "talent" and "merit" these Swoop bozos had was a willing to work for substandard pay rates, undercutting those trying to press it in the right direction.

No! It's idiots like you who are willing to work for less that drag it down.
Alto we have sparred before. I don't work at swoop and wouldn't go near the place as a passenger nor pilot.

It stands to reason that by accepting a job at WestJet in the first place, you are part of the problem. What did you expect out of a company that makes its pilots work as janitors? Don't give me any of this trying to fix the problem bs.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Your logic doesn't hold though...

If Westjet is part of the problem with pay and benefits in this racket, and I don't disagree, then how can undercutting Westjet wawcon even further and still "working as janitors" be okay? This puts more downward pressure on us all.

The behaviour of these individuals helping to subvert and put negative pressure on another group of pilots in active negotiations, despite pleas not to, shouldn't be stood for.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Well eyebrow,

Your posts come across as toxic and angry. I will admit mine were briefly like that about Swoop but I got over it, actually went back and edited a few. I am a glass half full type a guy and they weren’t reflecting that. I Changed my attitude and waited for this wrong to be righted and it was.

I hope you find some happiness in your life, and let go of some of the anger you feel towards WestJet, as I did to the OTS Swoop Guys. That bitterness will eat you up man. Not worth it.

Cheers

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

altiplano wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:32 pm ...
If Westjet is part of the problem with pay and benefits in this racket, and I don't disagree, then how can undercutting Westjet wawcon even further and still "working as janitors" be okay? This puts more downward pressure on us all.
Sounds like you work for another airline (perhaps Air Canada?) and you want to look out for yourself, which is fine and what most people do including these individuals, WestJet pilots, Jazz pilots or others, so what's the difference?!! Pot calling the kettle black?!

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Yip...definitely got PFOd

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

8)

Currently raising a glass to toast a small win for Canadian aviation. ... it’s been a wake up call to WJ management and a proud moment for us that actually know moral right from wrong. We are slowly getting to a good place regardless of WJ managements’ attempts to drive our profession down and the scabs’ attempts to help them.

Cheers to the 91% and Cheers to those on the inside fighting for us ... I’m truly proud to see some justice served .

Thanks again.

Just callin it like it is.
RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

So true .80

Just looking over previous posts...

A wise man once said

“I don't see much point in being negative and crying about work, you either like/accept it or you fix it or you move on. Whinging endlessly won't get you far.”

The author...Tablyx

Thank you ALPA and Kaplan for fixing this.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Eyebrow I’d be willing to bet that the WJ pilots who accepted the job 20 years ago made more money in overall compensation than any pilot at AC.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

I know why your so cranky, it's because you have to work all night flying boxes for another company that took the axe to Canadian 705 wages which makes it funnier to see you rail against the westjet pilots for trying to preserve theirs. I realize that by swoop not hiring direct entry captains from the dregs of the industry willing to work for a steep discount probably ends an opportunity for you to maybe fly during daylight hours again. Don't worry, something else will come along soon, both sunwing and skyregional are hiring DEC.
I don't work for Westjet, you wish you had my job.

Last edited by Sharklasers on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Ouch :lol:

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

Jeezus, what crap hole did you crawl out from? Holy Moses please do all of us a favour and go fly overseas. We don’t need your retardedness in Canadian aviation.

There’s an airline in the states called allegiant, you would thrive there.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:10 pm
YYZGDP wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:51 pm "Affected SWOOP pilots shall be awarded a position at Swoop at the Hamilton base, commensurate with their position on the WestJet Pilot Seniority List. Such
individuals shall be pay protected until such time as they can bid into a position equal to the one from which they have been displaced."

No, looks like they cannot be sent right seat dash.
Further, the existing Swoop OTS pilots are ahead of any Encore pilots who eventually will flow to WJ mainline. That's ALPA policy. Any other outcome is a guaranteed Breach of Contract action by existing WJ OTS pilots damaged by ALPA's breach.

But wait until December for proof. Then you can call me full of shite. Or praise me as prescient.
You are and have always been full of shite.
Further the existing swoop pilot will NOT be ahead of encore pilots who started flying before them.
Alpa’s breach , bro, you are so far gone I’m worried that mentally you have an issue. Go get checked.

We are really trying to make this place so much better, and to take out the negativity that took place for the last few years and to get a good CBA. But you my friend are not helping in any way.

Last edited by MrTurbine on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

Not much to celebrate, WestJet pilots could have had these jobs two years ago likely for higher pay. Discourses like this do not reflect well on WestJet, its pilots and its culture which means in reality for aspiring pilots the viable choices in Canada are Air Canada if one can survive the entry pay, or Transat and Sunwing, with Flair and Porter as good transitions; otherwise go overseas.

ogc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogc »

So I'm not fully up to date on this... is Swoop still hiring OTS for the FO side? Will this be affecting them?

Return to “WestJet”