One list

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: One list

Post by .80@410 »

:(
Sorry ladies and gents .

It was a YES for me.

I was the minority .
---------- ADS -----------

Just callin it like it is.
skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skybaron »

SPR wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:12 pm Thanks guys. You've really emphasized that WestJet and Encore are separate, and we're not on the same team. I can't speak for everyone, but I for one am done helping you, and I'm going to take every small opportunity I have to jab back at you. To the guys who used my jumpseat to get home on the last, full flight of the night, you can spent another night away from home. To the guys who used my jumpseat to barely make it to work by the skin of their teeth, you can deal with the ramifications of the new commuting rules. To the guy who asked to go ahead of me in the immigration line so he could make it to his kid's birthday, you can wait your damn turn.
You guys have all just reinforced Swoop, and ensured that a flood of Encore pilots will be going there and continuing the terrible working conditions. You've undermined your best opportunity to improve things for members of your own bargaining group. I'll be looking for work elsewhere now, but in the meantime I'm seriously considering going to Swoop and doing whatever I can to help get thirty tails moved over from WestJet. If management has trouble crewing all those planes, I'll work 26 days a month to stick it to you. Then I'm going to go work for one of your competitors and help them wear down WestJet from the outside. I hope Onex guts you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Goddam what a sick industry. WJ “Mainline dip sh*ts” just took their temper tantrum out on their younger siblings! Those guys stuck by you at the worst of times, and this is how you reward their loyalty!

F**K YOU WJ!

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Last edited by tbayav8er on Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob99
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bob99 »

The new scum of Canadian aviation.

John1234
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by John1234 »

Congrats to the original swoop scum who couldn’t get a job at well any other half decent airline. Before being picked off the bottom because they were the online option. As well to the low time guys who got in because all the other qualified pilots were working their buts off being captains at encore supporting there fellow colleagues at mainline, preventing tails going to swoop. Hope mainline guys and gals feel strong today; you achieve absolutely nothing out of this.

yvrpilot82
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrpilot82 »

Over 400 pilots couldn't EVEN BE BOTHERED to vote.
To think how many Encore guys stood at the campus last year holding picket signs deluded that we were together in unity. What an utter slap in the face. I don't personally agree with the jumpseat ban on Encore for WJ commuters that seems to be purported around social media, but it already shows the division that is happening from two groups that were apparently supporting each other until this vote.

hurtin'albertan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hurtin'albertan »

SPR wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:12 pm Thanks guys. You've really emphasized that WestJet and Encore are separate, and we're not on the same team. I can't speak for everyone, but I for one am done helping you, and I'm going to take every small opportunity I have to jab back at you. To the guys who used my jumpseat to get home on the last, full flight of the night, you can spent another night away from home. To the guys who used my jumpseat to barely make it to work by the skin of their teeth, you can deal with the ramifications of the new commuting rules. To the guy who asked to go ahead of me in the immigration line so he could make it to his kid's birthday, you can wait your damn turn.
You guys have all just reinforced Swoop, and ensured that a flood of Encore pilots will be going there and continuing the terrible working conditions. You've undermined your best opportunity to improve things for members of your own bargaining group. I'll be looking for work elsewhere now, but in the meantime I'm seriously considering going to Swoop and doing whatever I can to help get thirty tails moved over from WestJet. If management has trouble crewing all those planes, I'll work 26 days a month to stick it to you. Then I'm going to go work for one of your competitors and help them wear down WestJet from the outside. I hope Onex guts you.
Ugh. I don't blame you one bit for feeling this way. Truly a sad day. Just know that THIS mainline pilot voted yes, and I'll be buying coffees for every Encore pilot I come across for the rest of my career and if you stick around and flow, the beer's on me too on a layover. It's the very least I can do as an offer of apology for the incredibly short-sighted actions of my peers at mainline. What a fucking mess we have made. :supz:

Congrats WJ pilots. You just gave Swoop new lifeblood with a new uber-motivated pool of pilots willing to go there to undermine our WAWCON and @#$! us right back. Bravo. :toimonster:

Last edited by hurtin'albertan on Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gear Jerker
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Gear Jerker »

I'd like to also do 2 things here.

1) Commend the Encore MEC who, to my judgment has acted reasonably, wisely, professionally and showed unity through every step.

2) Call out the Westjet MEC who, despite obvious turmoil, unrest and divided opinion even amongst the LEC's, and despite disinformation being spread rampantly, went ahead and opened the vote. 400 pilots didn't even vote. Whatever happens from here, you wear this.

Look, it's f***in Patrick Swayze and Reveen!
avbird
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avbird »

I hope Westjet pilots who commute from yul or yow like walking, the jumpseat is closed at encore.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

To preface this, I have no horse in this race. I don't work for WestJet or Encore, or have even the slightest desire to work for an airline. With that being said take the following piece of advice for what you paid for it:

Don't be bitter, don't go out of your way to hurt others. Stop people from getting home to their families because your number doesn't transfer over? Grow up. The world doesn't owe you anything, and like everything else in life get used to the fact that it isn't fair. If you hold that much resentment throughout your career, you're going to be a miserable C*** to fly with, and that misery will be noticeable outside work. You took a position at a company, they pay you for that position, and like everything else: Nothing Happens until it Happens, you gambled on one list and it didn't pan out, it's no different than investing in stocks, you hope it goes up, but it may also tank. If you don't like the result, apply elsewhere find another job, but don't carry your bitterness.

PC

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

So.......Old commercial pilot was right after all ???

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pacman007 »

Well sorry to hear the bad news encore pilots.. the good thing is there are plenty of jobs out there. I started in aviation 20 years ago and its never been a smooth ride. To the Westjet pilots all I can say is you can hang on to your jobs for dear life but layoffs are coming... The real damage will happen when the max comes online, for every Max that comes back you will see a tail go to Swoop. Just watching the news coverage of the ONEX deal, they clearly say they want to expand Swoop exponentially....

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

porcsord wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:01 pm To preface this, I have no horse in this race. I don't work for WestJet or Encore, or have even the slightest desire to work for an airline. With that being said take the following piece of advice for what you paid for it:

Don't be bitter, don't go out of your way to hurt others. Stop people from getting home to their families because your number doesn't transfer over? Grow up. The world doesn't owe you anything, and like everything else in life get used to the fact that it isn't fair. If you hold that much resentment throughout your career, you're going to be a miserable C*** to fly with, and that misery will be noticeable outside work. You took a position at a company, they pay you for that position, and like everything else: Nothing Happens until it Happens, you gambled on one list and it didn't pan out, it's no different than investing in stocks, you hope it goes up, but it may also tank. If you don't like the result, apply elsewhere find another job, but don't carry your bitterness.

PC
To be fair, the "one list" was part of the deal when joining Encore. It had a defined structure and parameters. Now that it has been removed, arguably it has changed the fundamental basis of the employment direction and seniority of an Encore pilot. I would argue that it is now time for the Encore pilots to exercise their democratic rights to voice their dissatisfaction with the changes to their mutually understood terms of employment. This is what the union is for...

Mooseontheloose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mooseontheloose »

THIS JUST IN!! ENCORE PILOTS GETTING THE SHAFT!!! NO LOVE FROM MAINLINE PILOTS TELLING ALL YOU BAG LICKIN CHIMPS TO POUND SAND!!! AHAHAHA!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?!! SLAVING AWAY FOR YEARS PICKING UP TRASH ON THE DASH WHILE YOUR BUDDIES AT MAINLINE ARE LAUGHING!! "THANKS FOR ALL THE HARDWORK NOW GET FU(KED!!!!" LOL!!! YEAAAAHHHH MEN!! BRUSH OFF THE OLD RESUME FOR BIG RED, SUNWING, OR JAZZ!!! HELL YOU COULD PROBABLY QUIT ENCORE TODAY AND GET HIRED AT WESTJET NEXT WEEK!! GET TO SIT NEXT TO A NAVAJO COJO FROM UP NORTH WITH LOTS OF TALL TALES!!! YEAHHHH MENN!!!!! AINT AVIATION SWEET!!! CMON OVER TO BIG RED! PICK ANY BASE YA WANT!! LOL!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEEE YAAAAH!!!!

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

-signed a vocal YES voter.

Barney
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Barney »

Sorry to all the Encore folks. Look on the bright side at least you still have a guaranteed job at mainline with flow and the top up pay which helps big time on the first two years. All in all its still not that bad when you think about it from that perspective.

Your career progression is still intact and looks like Onex wants to grow internationally which will create lots of movement.

Act professionally out there you never know what will happen next in this industry.

FISH-FLY
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FISH-FLY »

avbird wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:00 pm I hope Westjet pilots who commute from yul or yow like walking, the jumpseat is closed at encore.
So what about the large # of WJ pilots that voted "YES"? Are they just banished by association? Sounds mature.

Cue the precession of chest-beating about jumpseat control, and all of the other amazing pilot jobs that people are going to quit for right away. :roll:

yvrpilot82
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrpilot82 »

Barney wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm
Your career progression is still intact and looks like Onex wants to grow internationally which will create lots of movement.
Errr nope. If someone spent 4 years at Encore that time counted towards a WJ upgrade until today. Or a base move for the golden ticket that is YYC. Now they're back to Year Zero when they flow to WJ.

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

Last edited by Vanguard on Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
EncoretheEncore
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by EncoretheEncore »

Even as a non Westjetter

I am going to have a tough time looking in the eyes of any Mainline pilot at the airport.

Disgraceful

Return to “WestJet”