One list

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

George Taylor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: One list

Post by George Taylor »

Do you own a calculator? 50 MMG has a huge impact.
---------- ADS -----------

Blue42
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blue42 »

George Taylor wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:06 am Do you own a calculator? 50 MMG has a huge impact.
It does but didn’t stop many from bumping down, the majority of Encore spots are now jets drivers that bumped down. If the MOA was a plan to stop that it didn’t work. Westjet will now have a huge training cost.

George Taylor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by George Taylor »

Nothing is for sure until they’re are actually Jet guys in the Dash sim. I think they’re are more games to be played yet.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

George Taylor wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:56 am Nothing is for sure until they’re are actually Jet guys in the Dash sim. I think they’re are more games to be played yet.

There is another wild card in play, most here probably so focussed on the seniority issues they are missing the big picture.

May 20 WTI oil contract is bidding at under 5 bucks right now. On Friday I thought 18 was as low as oil could go. This morning when it opened at 11, I said no way it can go lower. A little while ago I posted in another thread that it was bidding at 8 bucks, couldn't possibly go lower. Right now, bid is 4.95.

If this keeps up, it may be cheaper to run 737 on encore routes for a couple months rather than run courses for dash 8.

sarg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by sarg »

goldeneagle wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:04 am
George Taylor wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:56 am Nothing is for sure until they’re are actually Jet guys in the Dash sim. I think they’re are more games to be played yet.

There is another wild card in play, most here probably so focussed on the seniority issues they are missing the big picture.

May 20 WTI oil contract is bidding at under 5 bucks right now. On Friday I thought 18 was as low as oil could go. This morning when it opened at 11, I said no way it can go lower. A little while ago I posted in another thread that it was bidding at 8 bucks, couldn't possibly go lower. Right now, bid is 4.95.

If this keeps up, it may be cheaper to run 737 on encore routes for a couple months rather than run courses for dash 8.
And Alberta Select was about negative $3.00 this morning. Paying the refineries to take your crude.

Blue42
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blue42 »

I agree, lots will change between now and Jun 1st

7dirty7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 7dirty7 »

FlyingMonkey wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:58 am
ALPApolicy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:23 am
Demeter wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm Voting yes to this is a no brainer as it makes the pilots unified and content vs a divisive group. Industry leading really. It only strengthens us and the company. WJ has to wait for the encore TA to wrap up is my guess and glad the WJ MEC has stopped playing games to get this rolled out.
Not sure this statement (underlined, in bold) has aged well, given the “B” scale at Encore.
It’s not a B scale. It’s a regional airline pay scale, not a jet pay scale. If someone at mainline doesn’t like what is offered to them at Encore, they are not forced into it. It’s a choice. Don’t like it? Take a layoff instead.

Think of it this way, if the one list was not around then 737 pilots would be forced into a layoff. Now they have the OPTION to take a position at ENcore instead and continue to accrue YOS. Please explain how that is worse than a layoff??
+292

Madman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Madman »

WestJets biggest problem...ALPA, and the incompetence that their decisions made by those to represent and make the best decisions for ALL its members.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Mr. North wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm Couldn't have said it better myself JBI. Anyone with a casual interest let alone someone who has "studied the TA immensely" would know that one bargaining unit cannot negotiate seniority onto a seperate bargaining unit. That was never a part of the equation and to suggest otherwise merely demonstrates one's failure to grasp the subject at hand.
Huh? Does anyone have a copy of the failed PTA 1.0?

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

JBI wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:18 pm
doiwannabeapilot wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 am
hurtin'albertan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Uh, no.
my mistake then. I could've swore months ago, maybe mid 2018, there was discussion about the one list; and an outlier said it was going to disappear. To which, the majority said the one list will NEVER die.
The man with many AvCanada names felt that there was an ALPA constitutional issue that would mean the one list would never work. That doesn't seem to be the case, but rather the previous LOA was voted down by the mainline pilots.
Hi JBI. I suggest we pool your legal training and experience with my ability to dig and dig and dig. We might actually arrive at the true state of affairs.

I believe my side of the argument is winning. What may seem to have been one list is not. There is one seniority list in place at WSW/WJA and one at WEN.

What appears to be a seniority list, the list generated by the PTA, is not. It is a transfer protocol list. It's aim was never to give super-seniority to Encore pilots when they flow to WSW/WJA. And it didn't and it doesn't. Encore pilots flow to the bottom of the WSW/WJA seniority list when they are hired at WSW/WJA, just like everyone else.

Cheers!

Johnny

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

Alot of misinformation on here. Reader beware.

This OP is known to be an irrelevant individual online.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

seriousflyer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:38 pm Alot of misinformation on here. Reader beware.

This OP is known to be an irrelevant individual online.
A lot. There is no word "alot".

You could help your argument by stating where I'm wrong. All I ever seem to get are people like you who attack my character because you lack the knowledge to rebut an argument. Is it lack of schooling?

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

How many West jet pilot will be fired for refusing vaccine?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:15 pm How many West jet pilot will be fired for refusing vaccine?
That's a Federal requirement. Contact your MP.

Return to “WestJet”