Are things now better for WJ pilots?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Are things now better for WJ pilots without the list?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 49

WaldoPepper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Are things now better for WJ pilots?

Post by WaldoPepper »

I can sympathize with the desire for language with regards to backward mobility in the event of layoffs. However, now that the one list is no more, what exactly has that accomplished besides a deep divide among pilot groups?
---------- ADS -----------

Rezy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Are things now better for WJ pilots?

Post by Rezy »

WaldoPepper wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:27 pm I can sympathize with the desire for language with regards to backward mobility in the event of layoffs. However, now that the one list is no more, what exactly has that accomplished besides a deep divide among pilot groups?
They voted no because they wanted backward mobility, which I understood the desire for, I would as well. But while voting no they got nothing but a divided pilot group. Without a one list their will be absolutely no chance of backward mobility. So it was ultimately short sighted to vote no.

neophyte
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neophyte »

Who wants to be forced to take a job at Encore (if laid off)? That’s a prime opportunity to pick up a lucrative contract or go back to the bush for a season or travel.

If the next iteration of the one list forces me to fly a Q, I’ll vote no to that.

What a mess :(

Biff
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Biff »

neophyte wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:39 pm Who wants to be forced to take a job at Encore (if laid off)? That’s a prime opportunity to pick up a lucrative contract or go back to the bush for a season or travel.

If the next iteration of the one list forces me to fly a Q, I’ll vote no to that.

What a mess :(

Ahhh, the infamous "That's a prime opportunity to pick up a lucrative contract". If the individual is in the position to be laid off, I'm guessing he's been right seat on the 737 for a very short period of time. What "lucrative contract" do you think he'll be able to pick up?

As far as going back to the bush for a season, sure that sounds great. Unfortunately, some of the layoffs in past companies have lasted more than a season so the bush might get a little old after a couple years.

If I was in that position, I would much rather have the choice of bumping an Encore seat or taking a leave and pursuing those "lucrative contracts". I would hate to be forced into searching for a "lucrative(FO) contract", especially when the whole market is in recession.

Return to “WestJet”