ONEX plans

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Hozer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: ONEX plans

Post by Hozer »

---------- ADS -----------

x-wind
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by x-wind »

Disregard

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

cloak wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 pm
CaptainHaddock wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 am Because it removes Swoop from the WJ group, it is an arbitrated anchor in our agreement and point of division in our group. Not by pilot group making, but certainly created by management. The fact that there are hundreds pilots eligible to bid into Swoop from WJ/Encore and they are advertising here on Avcanada banners, and over seas at recruiter presentations just to fill those seats shows the discord it has sown.
I see, you're suggesting that it would have been better if WestJet didn't want to have a company like Swoop and someone else would have had it. Not that shoulda coulda woulda are useful, but chances are that flying would have been done by someone like Swoop, the question is would its benefits go to WestJet or another company that would be able to take market share away from behind. WestJet knows this well because A) it did it to others, and B) Jetsgo almost did it to them. So, there!
Sorry, I haven’t been on here in a while. WJ could have taken 10 737-800’s and put 189 seats in them and flown them around with WJ pilots, FA’s and done the same thing. I am positive the whole Swoop sh#t show cost way more then those wages would. Millions have been thrown away, h#ll, the amount they are paying the Swoop CEO to run 6 ( now 9 tails) was/is obscene. You couldn’t sell enough $9 fares in a hundred years to pay that compensation. The effort to cover the back Door I kind of understand, I still think trying to be everything at once is misguided though. But the execution was basically employee alienation 101.

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!

Return to “WestJet”