Swoop Pilot Open House & Info Session

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

SwoopRecruiter
Rank 0
Rank 0

Swoop Pilot Open House & Info Session

Post by SwoopRecruiter »

Interested in working with Swoop as a pilot? We are hosting an information session Aug 8th in YEG. Please RSVP and we will send all details to confirm location and time. Please refer to the attachment below.
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
SWOOP Pilot Open House YEG.pdf
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 417 times
Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Swoop Pilot Open House & Info Session

Post by Warden »

No. I am not.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Shocking they aren’t flooded with applicants.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

Do they serve pink Koolaid at swoop events?

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

porcsord wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:45 pm Do they serve pink Koolaid at swoop events?
Pink Lemonade. It has a bit of a sour taste.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

SwoopRecruiter wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm Interested in working with Swoop as a pilot? We are hosting an information session Aug 8th in YEG. Please RSVP and we will send all details to confirm location and time. Please refer to the attachment below.
Geee wiz, even a free 737NG type rating isn't sufficient to attract a 1500hr flight instructor/'ho driver. One could only wonder why ...
Also I've heard those internal upgrade courses are going great. Lots of uh ... experience in the left seat.

Perhaps lobbying the government and hire foreign workers ? Maybe some kind of self sponsored P2F program ? It's never too late to cash in on the SJS

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

SwoopRecruiter wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm Interested in working with Swoop as a pilot? We are hosting an information session Aug 8th in YEG. Please RSVP and we will send all details to confirm location and time. Please refer to the attachment below.
Also I absolutely love your hiring website. Have you considered remodeling it to look more hip and urban ? Maybe make it more diverse and more inclusive of disabilities ? We all know hipsters beards, fedoras and washed up jeans are always synonymous with professional airline pilot but where is the virtue signaling ?

Finally, couldn't help but notice that you were too cheap to spend the 25$ and get an original stock photo and had to reuse one from a shopping site.
Maybe next time ... a photo of your employees in uniform doing their job ... or is that too embarrassing to show to the uninitiated ?

Best of luck with the open house, surely you will attract the very best most qualified applicants.

https://www.retailbiz.com.au/online-ret ... ck-frenzy/

https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... VacWFRQT09

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Last edited by Donald on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Make sure you tell applicants about the scheduling LOU you just added.

Days off awarded on your monthly schedule that were not requested days off, are automatically grey days. Swoop can schedule for anything on grey days, and it's not paid as OT, just straight time.

That explains why recent flights have been delayed due to "pilots not answering the phone".

Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Warden »

Good. As far as I am concerned "grey days" can @#$! right off out of this industry. Give me a schedule, and if you want me on any other day... only if I say yes and PAY ME.

Good on them for not answering their phones, I'm assuming as long as they don't they can't get called in.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I'm interested in working for swoop! PM me and I'll give the recruiter my address so the can come get my application in person.

My rate starts at $800/day for short daytime assignments and negotiable otherwise.

Oh yeah, 9 days notice to travel half way across the country isn't acceptable, so please be more considerate in the future.

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

I wonder if this is how ‘SwoopRecruiter’ thought this post was going to go. Or is he/she sitting there, genuinely wondering where all this hate is coming from...

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Swoop can Crash and Burn. In fact if that can't fill this role, it just might.

https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... veriJno%3d

I love the part that the add says this;

What about the Benjamin’s?

At Swoop, we’re committed to offering a fair and competitive total compensation package that starts with a solid base salary, and complemented by perks like performance based profit sharing, a company-matched share purchase plan, flexible group benefits and of course, flight privileges.

This place is a joke. The fact that 52 of the 52 Westjet pilots that had the opportunity to get the hell out of this place did just that says it all.

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

daedalusx wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:28 pm
Geee wiz, even a free 737NG type rating isn't sufficient to attract a 1500hr flight instructor/'ho driver. One could only wonder why ...
Also I've heard those internal upgrade courses are going great....
Wow, some posts! Two questions: How are the upgrades going at your own Sunwing?! And have pilots left Sunwing for Swoop?'nuff said!

Any job has positive and negative points which only the one considering the job can judge and honestly, such abusive and derisive language is probably least helpful.

On a general note, working conditions and pay are clearly different at WestJet and Swoop. Swoop is more comparable to Sunwing and Transat narrowbody since it was modelled after them. While captains' pay is less than mainline, it does put one on WestJet seniority and years of service since they are a common bargaining unit represented by ALPA, which by the way is hard at work trying to improve things in a professional and collaborative way, not abusive language. Those considering this job or any job should do their homework and learn about the company from professional and trustworthy sources. Good luck to all.

kevind
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kevind »

What about the Benjamin’s?
Does this mean they are paid in US Dollars? 30% increase would be nice.

M.Caribou
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M.Caribou »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Pound sand

Maybe try a road show at the multi ifr schools

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

cloak wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:18 pm
daedalusx wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:28 pm
Also I've heard those internal upgrade courses are going great....
Wow, some posts! Two questions: How are the upgrades going at your own Sunwing?! And have pilots left Sunwing for Swoop?'nuff said!

Any job has positive and negative points which only the one considering the job can judge and honestly, such abusive and derisive language is probably least helpful.

On a general note, working conditions and pay are clearly different at WestJet and Swoop. Swoop is more comparable to Sunwing and Transat narrowbody since it was modelled after them.
I presume you probably have company shares and I’m sure you want them to do very well but there is a simple non emotional case of demand/offer here.
If what you say is true ... why is Sunwing flooded with resumes from heavy jet skippers overseas yet Swoop can’t even seem to attract Metro drivers from northern Manitoba?
Could it be the horrible non commuting red eye schedules ?
The grey days ?
Pay is not even close to Sunwing nor transat. Especially considering a SWG driver works 8-10 days a month.

Why has every single WJ pilot has tried to bid back to escape the gulag of Canadian aviation if it’s such a great job?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

cloak wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:18 pmSwoop is more comparable to Sunwing and Transat
Riigggghhttt.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I was curious what the job ad said on that Swoop hiring website. I couldn't find "Pilot" though, the only position under Flight Operations was "crew scheduler".

I thought this was funny:

"Answer the phone promptly demonstrating an ability to listen and empathize with crew members while ensuring a high level of internal guest satisfaction"

Is that what Swoop is calling employees (Pilots)? Internal Guests? And the schedulers are going to empathize with them... About what? The industry trailing pay and shitty schedule?

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

Surely Sunwing is great for many pilots that have chosen to work there. No two people like the same thing. I only use stats, as non-emotional as it gets. Is it not true that many Sunwing pilots have left for Swoop? What's their reasoning?

Return to “WestJet”