Swoop Pilot Open House & Info Session

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Swoop Pilot Open House & Info Session

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

cloak wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:37 pm I also find it hypocritical that pilots (assuming these posts are actually from pilots!) remonstrate Swoop's wages - that are similar to Sunwing and Transat B737 pay - yet they stay quiet about Air Canada's terrible "probationary" pay that lasts 4 lllooonnnggg years. That is the real anchor that holds pilot wages down in Canada. If pilots want to make a statement and improve pilots pay in Canada, they should say NO to Air Canada!
Holy smokes this post clearly demonstrates your an idiot. Your comparing a future at Swoop (3 years of pay steps) to a future at Air Canada? Pension, YOS, health care, different types, I could go on but why bother.

If you actually work at Westjet you are one of the few pilots that think Swoop is beneficial to the “Westjet group” Swoop is arguably the worst move the company has done to undermine and devalue the WJ pilot group. But I’m sure you will come up with some wack-job argument in support of Swoop’ working conditions and pay.

You should be ashamed for promoting such a poorly run and poorly executed company.
---------- ADS -----------

DrSpaceman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DrSpaceman »

Cloak is clearly either WJ management, or its propaganda account.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

DrSpaceman wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 pm Cloak is clearly either WJ management, or its propaganda account.
Yes because anyone that dares disagree and take an opposite point of view to you is clearly a troll.... :roll:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Scab!

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

the scarlet S endures

Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Warden »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:10 pm
DrSpaceman wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 pm Cloak is clearly either WJ management, or its propaganda account.
Yes because anyone that dares disagree and take an opposite point of view to you is clearly a troll.... :roll:
Says the guy who couldn't even stick out his swooper job and had to leave.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Warden wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:22 pm
Don’t worry about tbaylx, he’s AC’s problem now.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

That's disappointing.... hiring ban and all...

Maybe it's a bit of a grey area,, must be management material or something.

Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Warden »

Donald wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:00 pm
Warden wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Don’t worry about tbaylx, he’s AC’s problem now.
Wait... really? LOL.

I guess they';; really take just about anyone these days. I thought OTS was extra competitive?

flashheart
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flashheart »

altiplano wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:07 pm That's disappointing.... hiring ban and all...

Maybe it's a bit of a grey area,, must be management material or something.
A bit of a "grey" area :lol:

I doubt Murray would be interested. He seems pretty switched on

Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Warden »

I can't find him in any new hire bios, training report, or on the company directory. So I'm pretty sure he's still at Flair and the other fella who was a Swoopster/Flair Pilot around the same time is not the same person.

Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Warden »

I can't find him in any new hire bios, training report, or on the company directory. So I'm pretty sure he's still at Flair and the other fella who was a Swoopster/Flair Pilot around the same time is not the same person.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

daedalusx wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:42 pm ...
Also I absolutely love your hiring website. Have you considered remodeling it to look more hip and urban ? Maybe make it more diverse and more inclusive of disabilities ? We all know hipsters beards, fedoras and washed up jeans are always synonymous with professional airline pilot but where is the virtue signaling ?

Finally, couldn't help but notice that you were too cheap to spend the 25$ and get an original stock photo and had to reuse one from a shopping site.
Maybe next time ... a photo of your employees in uniform doing their job ... or is that too embarrassing to show to the uninitiated ?

Best of luck with the open house, surely you will attract the very best most qualified applicants.

https://www.retailbiz.com.au/online-ret ... ck-frenzy/

https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... VacWFRQT09

Thant's F'n hilarious. We're diverse and inclusive but we can't afford a stock photo with indigenous peoples.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

To be fair at least they photoshoped the girls sweater to be swoops color :lol:

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Doesn't Air Canada have something like 800 open bids for the coming PSB? People getting A220 Captain in Vancouver after 12 months?

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by groundpilot »

No A220 in yvr yet but Captain 737 and A320 are going junior. Maybe under 2 years on property and you can hold skipper in yvr

landshark
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by landshark »

The 220 will be in YVR summer of 2021 with the bids going out next summer for it.

Tdicommuter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tdicommuter »

Flyingsquirrelsuck wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:27 pm
cloak wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:37 pm I also find it hypocritical that pilots (assuming these posts are actually from pilots!) remonstrate Swoop's wages - that are similar to Sunwing and Transat B737 pay - yet they stay quiet about Air Canada's terrible "probationary" pay that lasts 4 lllooonnnggg years. That is the real anchor that holds pilot wages down in Canada. If pilots want to make a statement and improve pilots pay in Canada, they should say NO to Air Canada!
Holy smokes this post clearly demonstrates your an idiot. Your comparing a future at Swoop (3 years of pay steps) to a future at Air Canada? Pension, YOS, health care, different types, I could go on but why bother.

If you actually work at Westjet you are one of the few pilots that think Swoop is beneficial to the “Westjet group” Swoop is arguably the worst move the company has done to undermine and devalue the WJ pilot group. But I’m sure you will come up with some wack-job argument in support of Swoop’ working conditions and pay.

You should be ashamed for promoting such a poorly run and poorly executed company.
That logic does not check out in any way shape or form. Do you think the legacy carriers in the states get better raises because new ULCC's with sub par conditions and wages show up? Nope it actually comes from the other carriers of equal importance getting bigger raises. AA gets raise... United gets raise... Delta goes back to the top.

WestJet uses 90 median for wage projections. This means that now that people like yourself are willing to work for embarrassingly small wages the guys at WestJet need to include your wages in their Median... Aka you drag them down. So now when we have a re-opener at Air Canada and sit down and ask for more money, or better working conditions (of which we already have the best) we don't really have an argument when our closest competitor has 787 wages anywhere from 30 to 50 dollars an hour less than us. To boot in the meantime, Westjet is flying around Pepto planes with guys willing to work for even less. The argument being "we need to protect market share" considering Flair is struggling, Enerjet still doesn't have a plane, and Canada Jetlines is throwing people out of planes rather than booking people on them I'd say the reality is this was a wage/union buster and you fell for it.
You should be begging guys not to show up so maybe they decide to up the wages... Only cancelled flights and bad PR will give you ammo to get a real wage for real work. You guys work more for less than a third tier regional in the states...
The most laughable argument is you are using the WestJet seniority number as bait to work for less. THAT IS LITTERALLY CONVINCING GUYS TO WORK FOR LESS AND IT COSTS THE AIRLINE NOTHING.
You should man up and be honest " I had a crummier job, shit luck in my career and this was MY best option so I jumped on it".I would respect you more for honesty.
So no guys flocking to Swoop will not be the salvation of the Canadian airline industry...it would be a very bad thing.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Direct entry Capt openings.
6087992A-CF72-4FD9-8951-B16087713546.jpeg
6087992A-CF72-4FD9-8951-B16087713546.jpeg (209.69 KiB) Viewed 4107 times

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

We're in Canada dough-heads. I assume you pay in Canadian Dollars?

Return to “WestJet”