Future hiring

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Future hiring

Post by Squid »

MrTurbine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am You folks need to stop using the max getting back to service as a plan for future growth. It is not. We were staffed for the max before they went out of service. October 73 initial class is not going to be huge. The rest of the year and foreseeable future is all OTS hiring for mainline. Until the onex deal goes through later this fall, we probs won’t see any more growth in any way. Two of our 76s are leaving us. We don’t even own our own 78s because of deplorable decision making. All in all, yes growth is coming but not anytime soon. So no to widebody growth and definitely no to Max’s as your excuse.
:lol: AC and other airlines do this all the time. I’m not going to bother explaining it but I’ll bet if you dig into it you will find out that they likely bought the aircraft and sold it to the leasing company at a profit and as someone else mentioned leased it back on favorable terms and increasing a better cash position. I chuckle when I read your posts turbine. Spoken like a true millennial coming off, I’m guessing, a king air a couple years ago and no I don’t even work there.
---------- ADS -----------

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Future hiring

Post by lostaviator »

seriousflyer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 am Yup...that marh works.
My thesis from the beginning is Onex is interested in rapid expansion of swoop to 30 tails. Why wouldn't an investment firm want to expand an operation.at those cost metrics.
I hope the fact that Onex approached Wj long before Swoop was born and was interested in “WestJet” says something about what they are after. That and the fact they are delaying deliveries to Swoop. If Swoop has such an advantage over WJ, why not just give them the tails?

There’s only a handful of people who know what the plan is, and I’m guessing not a single one of them is currently employed or on the board at WJ. Time will tell - hold on!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet”