Swooped off

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BMLtech
Rank 3
Rank 3

Swooped off

Post by BMLtech »

I’m not affiliated with WestJet in anyway, other than being a loyal customer. Got sucked into signing up for the rewards card and accumulating westjet bucks, etc. Have enjoyed the benefits in the past, but lately I’m ticked off watching westjet cannibalize their own business in order to expand and promote swoop. In my city, several direct flights have been swooped and new routes are all on swoop. This negates the benefit of the rewards card to the point that I am considering scrapping it all together so I can just fly direct on transat or whoever when I want to travel. Surely don’t appreciate having to travel by some inconvenient connecting flights to get to a destination that was formerly a direct service on westjet.
Of course I would be somewhat less ticked off if I could use my westjet bucks on swoop but I would prefer to fly westjet in any case.
Just wanted to rant and vent as I’m sure westjet management keeps an eye on this forum... :smt014
---------- ADS -----------

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Swooped off

Post by C-GGGQ »

Having the same discussion at my house. It was easily the best rewards card with the companion voucher etc. But its usefulness is starting to degrade.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet”