Interview 2020

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

G115c
Rank 0
Rank 0

Interview 2020

Post by G115c »

Hey all,

Anyone able to give some insight on interview process? Any specific questions/scenarios they like to pick at.
Heard they interview a bunch of candidates at once and also there's a technical exam?

PM's welcome
It's in YYC if that helps.

Appreciate it all,
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

BaldChewbacca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Interview 2020

Post by BaldChewbacca »

I too would love some information. My upcoming interview is in YYC.
Any info is appreciated, and PM's are welcomed.

Thanks

RNAVRNP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RNAVRNP »

Hi there,

I'm not a member of the Pilot Selection Team but I know a few of the people involved. I also had an opportunity to fill in during an interview recently. So by far, not a SME. What I can offer is just some basic advice. First...Be yourself, be honest and be genuine! Sound cheesy but really that's what it's about. The interview ranges from straight forward "pilot" questions to Behavioral type questions. The scope of questions available to the interview team is quite large and so there's probably little value in trying to find out what questions someone else had. No two interviews are alike. I interviewed 17 years ago and many things have changed along the way. However, the Behavioral questions have stayed. Pretty easy to download a whole bunch of these. I think I downloaded about 60 of them. I then grouped them into categories ie. Communication, Customer Service etc and then came up with about 5-6 stories from my past that I could use. Use the STAR formula. It keeps your story structured and helps the interview team discern the relevant bits. Be a people person, don't swear(yes, that happens and no..not cool) and enjoy the time spent with the team. Every one of those people sitting across from you has been in your position. They just want to know that you are a good person and that they could hang with you for ...12 hours a day for 5 days!!

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

I'm at Encore, but the interview is probably similar. One thing I did that helped (I guess this would probably help at any airline interview) in the weeks leading up to my interview was just flipped through the pages in my logbook to help remind myself of some memorable flights I've had, because I usually made a little comment in the comment box on my log entry if I had something unusual happen. Then I spent some time thinking and trying to remember the details from what happened on those flights. That way I had lots to talk about with the behavioural "tell me about a time..." type questions.

audreyannlev
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by audreyannlev »

Are you applying for Encore as an FA?

Return to “WestJet”