Does Flica work

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hamstandard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Does Flica work

Post by hamstandard »

Can you pick up a lot of flights?

What if you want top work minimum flights? Maybe it varies by base/where you live.
---------- ADS -----------

moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Does Flica work

Post by moe »

Yes of course it works.

moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

The most pickups available are in yyz followed by yyc then yvr.
You can pickup many 10hr one day pairings out of yyz as long as they fit in your schedule. Trading pairings is a little less frequent.
FliCa does provide some degree of flexiblity with your schedule but it isnt the panacea.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

No, it doesn’t work.

The interface is not user friendly, the notifications lack details about the trip, there are duty day restrictions more restrictive than the CARs imposed to ensure there is no chance of a small delay making you illegal, but blocking what should be perfectly legal trades, we are unable to trade legs that start/finish away from our base, and there is a period of several days each month where no trades can be made until they load the next month’s blocks.....
Oh wait, that’s not FLICA, that’s the in-house trip trade program at a certain other major flag carrying airline in this country! I have heard great things about FLICA... hopefully I will be able to try it out some day...

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Yes it works, only if pilots are trading. Ive seen high credit single days go untaken, and I've seen lots of pairings snapped up rather quickly. Really depends on time of year and whats going on in peoples lives. Its works really well if you bid single days and want to either trade to make your sched better suit you, or drop your pairings and grab OT.
The loss of our single legs drops really hit commuters hard, hopefully we get that back down the road.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

The direction this place is going i doubt the ability to get back anything we lost. Walking the line in a few years seems inevitable.

hamstandard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hamstandard »

Picking up the OT would be great in certain months. What if you wanted to give up much of one month, say at the YYZ or YYC base. Can you give up much of a month.

Return to “WestJet”