Stand-By Travel while Furloughed

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Furloughed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Stand-By Travel while Furloughed

Post by Furloughed »

Hey Everyone. I was under the impression from earlier communications that we kept our Travel Benefits for as long as we were furloughed? The communication I just received says that our travel benefits are only good for 6 months now? Is this correct, and if so, is Alpa going to try and deal with this?

Also, are there any other carriers that will allow furloughed pilots to travel on them under reciprocal agreements?

Thanks for any info.
---------- ADS -----------

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Stand-By Travel while Furloughed

Post by kiaszceski »

I think you should talk to your ALPA Rep to have this answer.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Furloughed wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:56 am Hey Everyone. I was under the impression from earlier communications that we kept our Travel Benefits for as long as we were furloughed? The communication I just received says that our travel benefits are only good for 6 months now? Is this correct, and if so, is Alpa going to try and deal with this?

Also, are there any other carriers that will allow furloughed pilots to travel on them under reciprocal agreements?

Thanks for any info.
As for reciprocal agreements, you have to be an active employee, says so in the agreement and for myIDTravel, you select a button to confirm you are active.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
young grasshopper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by young grasshopper »

Check with your ALPA Rep. Typically one of the requirements of jumpseat travel is a RAIC and a Company ID...neither of which would be valid if you are furloughed unfortunately.

YG
vrefplus5
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrefplus5 »

As a goodwill gesture, between YYZ YYC YEG and YVR you can use the reciprocal J/S on Flair.

RAIC.... OR....Pilot’s licence and a copy of the furlough/lay off notification...... and other airline ID (if available).

Personal travel only and not for deadheading or for any other business purposes.

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

vrefplus5 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:48 pm As a goodwill gesture, between YYZ YYC YEG and YVR you can use the reciprocal J/S on Flair.

RAIC.... OR....Pilot’s licence and a copy of the furlough/lay off notification...... and other airline ID (if available).

Personal travel only and not for deadheading or for any other business purposes.
Classy move from Flair. :smt023

Return to “WestJet”