Westjet Service going down hill fast

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AME 283
Rank 2
Rank 2

Westjet Service going down hill fast

Post by AME 283 »

any one else noticing that the WJ service is getting worse ??
-booked one seat, 5 minutes later tried to book second seat, increase in fare ??
-web site does not indicate what fees for over weight or excess baggage
-sent e mail query on excess baggage, was told to call
-very long waits on tele-phone -asked about using a credit that expires early next year, was told to see ticket counter
-went to ticket counter was told to call and query, tried calling could not wait that long
-checked in bag 4 pounds over weight, there is a extra fee for over weight, asked if I could remove the 4 pounds (very bad body language) told me they would take it no extra charge
-now they charge $3.00 for head sets and extra for movies, what next a fee to use the wash room ??
-aircraft late, delayed a second time, not displayed until a few minutes prior to scheduled arrival (my ride was very impressed)
-arrived at destination, told that bags would be in one location came off in another location (no announcement), one bag on carousel, had to get 2nd from over size area (wish they would have told me that one

That was just one flight

They have made the big leagues, glad they are still making a profit, I know I will look elsewhere in the future :smt014

Credit will expire in January,
---------- ADS -----------

ziggy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Westjet Service going down hill fast

Post by ziggy »

1.You booked a seat, 5 minutes later, price increase
-is this not the norm at most airlines as seats get fewer, proces get higher
2.Website does not indicate fees for excess or overweight baggage.
-see this link

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/travelI ... ghts.shtml

3. credit
-wouldnt it be good up until its expirey date?

4. Took your overweight bags at no extra charge
-seems nice of them

5.$3 for the headsets and $ for movies
-headset charge as long as I can remember, plus don't force you to watch movies. TV is free (bring your own headset like most other people do)

6.Aircraft Late
-yep it does happen (cant wait for the passenger bill of rights) Internet very accurate on tracking status of flights (I always use this when i'm picking people up so I am not one of those people sitting around waiting for a delayed flight)

7.Had to pick up bag at oversize area
-Well not a lot to say about this I guess. One question to a baggage representive probably solved this however.

So what happened to you is that the aircraft was filling up so the prices increased. You checked in with overweight baggage and the CSA exempted you from paying the overweight baggage fee which is clearly posted on the website. 95% of people probably bring their own headsets, knowing they work, and no one forced you to pay for a movie. Lots of reasons for planes being late. Quite often it has to do with pasengers checking in, and then not showing up at the gate, therefore having to do a bag pull as per TC (beyond the airlines control) and the oversize baggage thing doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

I don't know, but doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me

just my 2 cents

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

And the wagons begin to circle.

Herc_Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Herc_Driver »

It's OK to dislike one airline or another, or one company or another. We have all had bad experiences with one company or another .... the list is most likely endless. The one nice thing about our free/open market is you get to choose which company you fly with, or which store you shop at ....

You had a bad experience with WestJet .... I've had a bad experience with Continental.
Such is life.
Make your choice about who you're going to fly with from now on ....
Move on ....

Hhhmmm, is this thing on?
Flightlevels
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Flightlevels »

The Raven wrote:And the wagons begin to circle.
:wink: that's what they said 13 years ago!

poke-her player
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by poke-her player »

The Raven wrote:

that's what they said 13 years ago!

I think he was talking about the way WS employees defend their airline and are trying to make the guy who made the complaint out to be unreasonable.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

AME is lame.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Is there a black hole in this thread?

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

Gimme yer musket! Reload mine! Fire! :roll:

Drinking outside the box.
invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

At least at the airport level the new Res system isn't exactly rolling out smoothly... not to say eventually it won't be better than the previous, but it currently is causing many headaches.

Now this may be a training issue more so than software, since Sabre has been around a LONG time, either way there have been some issues which rightfully has really ticked off many passengers.

My OWN personal issue noticed already? You can't just go on the WestJet website and track a flight any longer, you must know the flight number, you can't just put in city pairs. Is there a handy button to find the flight number? Nope, you have to attempt to book a flight to find out the flight number... now to tell me Granny Apple going to pick up her daughter is going to be able to figure that one out!

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

poke-her player wrote:
The Raven wrote:

that's what they said 13 years ago!

I think he was talking about the way WS employees defend their airline and are trying to make the guy who made the complaint out to be unreasonable.
Well complaining on here is doing what? You got it. Nothing. If you do have a valid complaint please forward it through the proper channels. Last I heard, the VP Guest services doesn't come on here to check for customer satisfaction.

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Legacy wrote:Last I heard, the VP Guest services doesn't come on here to check for customer satisfaction.
Well, someone is coming on to check ... there have been about five posts removed from the thread. Image

I've run into similar difficulties as those described by invertedattitude. The services available on the former website I found much more user-friendly and useful. But, that's progress, especially when you want to hook-up with another legacy company like Southwest.

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

CD, the whole reason for the switch is WJ outgrew the old system, and it could no longer expand with the company. The new system has huge potential. As for less services, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that until the system stabilizes and WJ gets used to the new system, the system will offer less perks. Baby steps for now.

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Very true... It's just a shame to see the functionality of the system and services that were available to the guest get lost in the meantime.

Just to be clear, my gripe is only with the technological solution being employed here -- the people and flight services continue to provide a good quality product in my experience.

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

Same as most large scale software implementation, baby steps I guess.

Better hope however, these issues are cleared up in the next couple of weeks, if things stay the way they currently are, WestJet is going to have to give out more than 500 FTC's to its staff after Christmas.

bombardierfixer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bombardierfixer »

[
-booked one seat, 5 minutes later tried to book second seat, increase in fare ??

If I had a nickel for every time I had that happen to me. It's industry wide man. If you went to the Campus and saw the amount of people getting this thing to work you would understand. Except for the dude knitting that was kind of weird...

inuitgifts
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by inuitgifts »

I find their service not so hot as everyone says either.

Personally, I like Air Canada more than West Jet. The Embrayer and RJ are much nicer planes to fly in than the 737's.

Also, the entertainment systems in AC are much better than West Jet's.

I also hate how WJ put on their little jokes while taxiing to the gate. Especially for a morning flight where you just want no part of it.

One thing that puzzles me though is... would it kill an airline to give free booze? Like... a can of beer costs 2 bucks. It would help so many passengers to enjoy there trip that much more. Nothing is better than getting tipsy at FL300.

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

inuitgifts wrote:One thing that puzzles me though is... would it kill an airline to give free booze? Like... a can of beer costs 2 bucks. It would help so many passengers to enjoy there trip that much more. Nothing is better than getting tipsy at FL300.
you have no idea what you're talking about. :smt011 If it weren't for idiot drunks on board, there would be almost no air rage problems whatsoever.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

It's just an airline growing up, getting older and having the usual "old age" pains, that's all. Once their(WJ) employees hit the 20-25 pin time, they will be just like any other employee(s) from other private/public/corporate/law enforcement/defense sectors et al.

It doesn't change, never did, not now and never will!!!!

:wink:

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

I think AME 283 and Sky's The Limit should hug it out.

Return to “WestJet”