Jumpseat costs forfeited??

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

intheknow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jumpseat costs forfeited??

Post by intheknow »

Hi all,
I'm a huge fan of the recip agreement with WestJet, but I was confused with the last paragraph of the email confirmation I received today...

Failing to show up for the first segment of a scheduled round trip or multi-segment reservation will result in the return segment or remaining segments being cancelled automatically. [b]The fare paid for these cancelled segments will be forfeited and compensation will not be issued.[/b]

Does this mean that If I don't make the return flight due delays or whatever, that I'm out of pocket for that leg?

Clarification would be appreciated so I can alter my commuting ways as necessary.
Thanks,
---------- ADS -----------

ravensrule
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Jumpseat costs forfeited??

Post by ravensrule »

I am not a pilot but I know that if a full-fare guest misses there first segment, if it's after a certain period of time and they show up for the second part (say they were going YOW-YYZ and drove to YYZ first then wanted to fly back) we would have to call support. I am surprised it doesn't go into a credit file or your travel profile. Sorry this isn't much help.

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

I'm not positive how it works for recip, but the new rules for us flying standby is if we miss a flight, we no longer get automatically credited for the missed flight. But, if you call the standby number again, and give them your PNR they wil refund or give you a credit file. The onus is on the standby traveller to get their money back now. This is something Sabre doesn't do that the previous system did. I think it's safe to assume it's the same for recip, but you won't know til you phone! Hope that helps.

Drinking outside the box.
flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

The way I interpret this is if you no-show (IE leave the girl hopelessly waiting at the dinner table - way to go champ), you don't get your $ back. Nothing to do with being bumped or missing a cnx'n due to a delay (you're in the system). I'm assuming that if you get bumped and can['t get out at all, you'd get the usual credit.

See: "Failing to show up for the first segment of a scheduled round trip or multi-segment

WetJet
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by WetJet »

I had a recip booking last week that I didn't end up using due to a pile of weather delays. Called in after reading this and did confirm that Sabre will not automatically refund the charge, but the agent was more than happy to credit my card.

ravensrule
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ravensrule »

Just an update:
You now have 24 hours to call and get your money refunded if you miss your flight.

If you miss your first flight and do not call in, your entire itinerary will be canceled and you will lose your money if you don't call in.
If you miss your return flight, your money will also be forfeited if you don't call in.

Personally, I don't like it.. but apparently it used to be 2 hours so they extended the time limit.

Return to “WestJet”