Encore's CP & DFO

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Encore's CP & DFO

Post by flyer 1492 »

With 4 months to go, we haven't heard who was hired to fill the roles of Chief Pilot or the DFO. Time is quickly running out.
---------- ADS -----------

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Encore's CP & DFO

Post by True North »

They've been hired.

I guess they didn't see a need to tell you. Can't say I blame them.

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

True North wrote:They've been hired.

I guess they didn't see a need to tell you. Can't say I blame them.
Classy response :roll:

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

J31 wrote:Classy response :roll:
Entirely appropriate. Maybe classier that flyer 1492 deserves, you obviously haven't read many of his posts. But whatever, nobody ever claimed this was a classy forum.

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

LOL!

toelessjoe
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by toelessjoe »

Would it be possible to find out the names? (Assuming it's been made public of course). I think I knew one of the guys in the running for CP.

Cheers.

- Toeless.

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

Sorry, not from me. I'll leave that up to one of the WJ folks.

toelessjoe
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by toelessjoe »

True North wrote:Sorry, not from me. I'll leave that up to one of the WJ folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azcy9_F0DCE

That's ok man, I still love you. :lol: (much funnier if I could get my computer illiterate fingers to embed that video)

- Toeless.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

edit

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

Here ya go flyer, from my bro who is in April course
Vp Bruce Flodsted ex vp ops at wj, John Aaron Chief pilot ex standards at wj, jason Ruck assistant cp, ex TC. Dave p hiring guy and cp at wj

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Will the ex-WJ management people (or regular WJ pilots and staff) now working for Encore be taking the same (lower) Encore benefits as new hires, or will they be carrying over full WJ entitlements ?

Last edited by Kosiw on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverstar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by silverstar »

After reading these threads about Encore for the last couple of months I have completely lost respect for Westjet as a company. The pay and working conditions currently on offer are both shameful and degrading. How Westjet employees are defending this I'm not sure.

silverstar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by silverstar »

And Dave P I have a feeling I know why you resigned from AvCanada. It's because you knew a brutally embarrassing offer was coming down the pipe regarding Encore's WAWCON. As a leader at Westjet and a representative for the pilots you need to be preventing our profession from stepping backwards.

RustyDeuce
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RustyDeuce »

Pilots should be preventing the profession from stepping backwards but they haven't and they aren't. Pilot wages are dropping because of supply and demand. Better get used to it.

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

silverstar wrote:And Dave P I have a feeling I know why you resigned from AvCanada. It's because you knew a brutally embarrassing offer was coming down the pipe regarding Encore's WAWCON. As a leader at Westjet and a representative for the pilots you need to be preventing our profession from stepping backwards.
I didn't know DaveP resigned from AvCanada. If he has, and I wouldn't blame him, it would be because of idiotic posts like yours. DaveP is a Chief Pilot at WestJet, do you really think he has any say in wages or working conditions at WestJet? At a company like WJ the contract negotiations take place between the pilot's association/union and a VP - usually the VP Ops along with someone from the HR department and it ultimately gets approved by the executive - maybe even the BOD. DaveP gets to live with results along with the rest of the pilots and my guess is that as a management pilot, he doesn't even get to vote on the agreement. :roll:

Batman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Batman »

I'm not here to argue for or against the WAWCON at Encore...Maybe I'm not even a pilot, however having been in business most of my life I've noticed that when the competition is pissed then you've made a sound business decision. It makes me wonder how the pilots at other companies would have voted if management had come forward and said," here's an opportunity for our company to make a piss pot full of money thereby providing all employees with better job security, you will therefore make more money and at the same time screw the competition a bit.... How many of these shit throwers on this forum would have voted no? ....ya that's what I thought. I now sit back with my beer in hand waiting for the more shit to be flung:)

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

What you, and others, don't get batman, is that one doesn't have to be employed by Westjet or AC to feel the effect of their shit pay scales. If you work at a competitor, then guaranteed your pay scale will soon be declining. Even if you don't work at a competitor, if your company loses a lot of pilots to AC or WJ, why would they pay any extra $$ if they are going to lose the people anyway?

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

silverstar wrote:After reading these threads about Encore for the last couple of months I have completely lost respect for Westjet as a company. The pay and working conditions currently on offer are both shameful and degrading. How Westjet employees are defending this I'm not sure.
WJ is not in business to earn your respect.

OK, how's this: you're the CEO of WJ. You are responsible for starting WJE and setting pay rates. Your job is to provide a decent return to the shareholders, compete with the competition (not competing is illegal) while paying enough to get decent candidates. Please give us all some numbers that would accomplish those objectives.

I'm kind of getting tired of pilot's who are supposed to at least have some basic reasoning skills attacking something they know little about without offering any reasonable alternative.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Bede wrote:... Your job is to provide a decent return to the shareholders...
... I'm kind of getting tired of pilot's who are supposed to at least have some basic reasoning skills attacking something they know little about without offering any reasonable alternative.
Here's a question...

If all you pilots weren't "owners" would you still have voted in favour of the regional start up as is and still be defending the WAWCON as you are doing now?

Expat75
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Expat75 »

Bede wrote:
silverstar wrote:After reading these threads about Encore for the last couple of months I have completely lost respect for Westjet as a company. The pay and working conditions currently on offer are both shameful and degrading. How Westjet employees are defending this I'm not sure.
WJ is not in business to earn your respect.

OK, how's this: you're the CEO of WJ. You are responsible for starting WJE and setting pay rates. Your job is to provide a decent return to the shareholders, compete with the competition (not competing is illegal) while paying enough to get decent candidates. Please give us all some numbers that would accomplish those objectives.

I'm kind of getting tired of pilot's who are supposed to at least have some basic reasoning skills attacking something they know little about without offering any reasonable alternative.

+1

I can't believe some of the comments on here from people that obviously have an interest in WJ.
Perhaps this is why I haven't even looked at Canadian forums for years.

If you want big money, come overseas. You could be with me in Beijing with me tonight with 14 Asian crew members that would rather eat stolen cup noodles off the airplane than spend a penny of their $150 USD per diem. I knew a lot of guys back in the day that wouldn't leave YYZ or YVR to go up north and work, then whinge about how they couldn't get a break.

You want to earn, then be willing to take a real risk, put your balls on the line, and jump. Do your best. It will work.
If it doesn't do it all again.

I came out here on a one way ticket 12 years ago. Still raking in the bucks. Somethings are now more important.

WJ is a proven Canadian company. Much more so than what else is on offer.

Return to “WestJet”