WestJet Mainline/Encore Hiring pool

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: WestJet Mainline/Encore Hiring pool

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Guys, you are being trolled....once again by the 15yr old kid that gets banned for life every couple of months and shows up weeks later with a new screen name. The questions and the wording are always the same.
---------- ADS -----------

Oleo 4
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oleo 4 »

Nicky,

Attitude is everything in this job, not hours! Enjoy the people you work with and the job you have now. The rest will fall into place if you do that!

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

cdnpilot77 wrote:Guys, you are being trolled....once again by the 15yr old kid that gets banned for life every couple of months and shows up weeks later with a new screen name. The questions and the wording are always the same.
Wow, I'm certainly not that kid. Was only wondering why my flight experience isn't good enough for airline.

Oleo 4
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oleo 4 »

Besides flying a King Air 200 (which I have many hours in) what else have you done to help your current and past company succeed?

Chief Pilot
Assistant Chief
Standards / SOP Revision
OHS REP
SMS REP
Training Captain
ACP Check A or B

Have you been able to complete any of these?

Also if you can get on a bigger plane, something that uses segment climb profiles, noise and is classified as a medium (Above 12500) that may help your chances.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

Oleo 4 wrote:Besides flying a King Air 200 (which I have many hours in) what else have you done to help your current and past company succeed?

Chief Pilot
Assistant Chief
Standards / SOP Revision
OHS REP
SMS REP
Training Captain
ACP Check A or B

Also if you can get on a bigger plane, something that uses segment climb profiles, noise and is classified as a medium (Above 12500) that may help your chances.
No need to do any of those extra duties, many examples of others that I know that didn't need to in order to get job offer.
I was always told to work smarter, not harder.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

NickyNick wrote:No need to do any of those extra duties, many examples of others that I know that didn't need to in order to get job offer.
I was always told to work smarter, not harder
And that attitude is probably why you are not with any of the major Q400 operators.

E

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

[/quote]

And that attitude is probably why you are not with any of the major Q400 operators.

E[/quote]

Those aren't in the posted requirements for Encore or any other airline.

I meet all posted requirements but no job offer yet.

duramaxguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by duramaxguy »

Soooo anyways.........anyone get the call this week for August 17 GS? I've heard 3rd person that there have been changes to the number of ground schools and/or dates for the rest of the year. Any truth to that?

Oleo 4
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oleo 4 »

Good luck to you on your search Nicky

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

duramaxguy wrote:Soooo anyways.........anyone get the call this week for August 17 GS? I've heard 3rd person that there have been changes to the number of ground schools and/or dates for the rest of the year. Any truth to that?
A friend of mine was pooled this week. He was told the August class is full, and that there are two classes in September, and one in October.

Now I don't know if by full they mean they have people selected which offers are set to go out to, or if the calls have already been made and offers accepted.

Thought I'd update you with the info I received.

Edit: This is purely speculation, but I noticed someone is looking for a Crashpad in YYC from Mid August to September. So perhaps the calls have already gone out.

CYCG
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CYCG »

Not sure if its full but some calls went out on July 14th for the August 17th YYC course.

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

NickyNick wrote: Those aren't in the posted requirements for Encore or any other airline.

I meet all posted requirements but no job offer yet.
The requirements you refer to are only minimum requirements and only meeting those do not necessarily get you a job. You have stated that you do not in fact meet all the desirable assets part of the job ad as you do not have an internal reference which although is not necessary, is an important factor for hiring at WestJet.

WestJet looks for people who fit in with the company culture, and generally verify this by contacting your references, internal or otherwise. Even though you more than meet the minimum requirements, if you do not have the right attitude, you will not likely be hired.

I would say that based on your posts here, you come across with a sense of entitlement. Perhaps it is not the way you intend to come across, but that is how it is received - which is what matters. Based on what you have written, I would not want to sit next to you for hours in a sealed tube at 25 000 feet. If the attitude that has come across here is incorrect, I would suggest re-examining how you come across to others. If it is correct, I would suggest thinking about how to fix it.

Good luck on your search!

Jimmy_Hoffa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy_Hoffa »

NickyNick wrote:
Oleo 4 wrote:Besides flying a King Air 200 (which I have many hours in) what else have you done to help your current and past company succeed?

Chief Pilot
Assistant Chief
Standards / SOP Revision
OHS REP
SMS REP
Training Captain
ACP Check A or B

No need to do any of those extra duties, many examples of others that I know that didn't need to in order to get job offer.
I was always told to work smarter, not harder.
Here in lies one of the greatest flaws in society today. Acceptance of mediocrity as a means to entitlement.
Your last line of Smarter vs Harder in this competitive industry is quite funny, and as others have mentioned probably contribute to why your resume ends up in the circular file. Working "Harder" in your current job by taking on an increased roll in operations will help you down the road. So maybe it is working "Smarter" after all....

Then again, keep doing what you are doing and I sure things will change eventually right?.....

JH

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

quote]

Here in lies one of the greatest flaws in society today. Acceptance of mediocrity as a means to entitlement.
Your last line of Smarter vs Harder in this competitive industry is quite funny, and as others have mentioned probably contribute to why your resume ends up in the circular file. Working "Harder" in your current job by taking on an increased roll in operations will help you down the road. So maybe it is working "Smarter" after all....

Then again, keep doing what you are doing and I sure things will change eventually right?.....

JH[/quote]

Many I know that have been given jobs at airlines have never held any of those positions so that isn't the reason !!!!!!!!!!

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

NickyNick wrote:quote]

JH

Many I know that have been given jobs at airlines have never held any of those positions so that isn't the reason !!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Maybe they just don't like you. I don't know you but I can tell from your posts I don't like you. Maybe they come to the same conclusion after reading your cover letter.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

ant_321 wrote:Maybe they just don't like you. I don't know you but I can tell from your posts I don't like you.
Classic.

Also +1

E

adster1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by adster1989 »

Hey everyone,

Just curious, is the calling of references just another normal part of the Encore interview?? Or does it possibly mean there could be some good news in future??(or bad depending on references) just curious, look forward to an answer

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

adster1989 wrote:Hey everyone,

Just curious, is the calling of references just another normal part of the Encore interview?? Or does it possibly mean there could be some good news in future??(or bad depending on references) just curious, look forward to an answer

Likely another step in process, means nothing. What is you total time and aircraft type flown? My 3900 hours is a step in the process of airline job but so far it means nothing as you have guys/gals with less than half my time getting jobs ! If you're not sleeping with someone in hte company you likely won't get the job.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

NickyNick wrote:
adster1989 wrote:Hey everyone,

Likely another step in process, means nothing. What is you total time and aircraft type flown? My 3900 hours is a step in the process of airline job but so far it means nothing as you have guys/gals with less than half my time getting jobs ! If you're not sleeping with someone in hte company you likely won't get the job.
Your trolling is getting to epic proportions :prayer:

Yycaviator
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yycaviator »

given your attitude id say it's quite likely if anyone at the company knows you, you have a nice big pile of negative reviews on you file. Good luck.

Return to “WestJet”