Places to go in CYQM

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

WannaFly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Places to go in CYQM

Post by WannaFly »

Evening All,

I happen to be stuck in YQM due to weather, and was wondering for some advice on what to do! Looking at the weather I might be here through the weekend :(

Some good pubs would also be handy :)

I staying in Dieppe if that info helps out any!

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

ask the cab drivers, they'll steer you right. tonight probably the rocking rodeo

Right Rudder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Right Rudder »

Losmo's use to be good if your into the university crowd. Or try the Igloo for open mike night or at least it use to be on thursday night's. 1.50 Tequila rings a bell.

Beacon Final
Rank 5
Rank 5

rodeo

Post by Beacon Final »

Hit up the ho-deo for sure. Cab may be a little more but it will be worth it. Look for a bartender thats a well tanned girl about 24 years old dark hair, her name starts with Erika. great girl. Lots of girls there.

Friday go to cosmos right downtown. Liquid lounge maybe good if you like pub scene. Also try wise guys just off main st.

Another cool spot to start pre drinking is Navigators or if your in a bigger group go to the Pump house.

If you wanna good meal try the Sports Rock. They have a old Truma Jet hanging over the bar. Pretty cool. And Moosers in Dieppe is not bad either.

Man I think I may head over that way...... great young town with a wicked female - male ratio! Miss all the good times. And I left out alot of other good spots like Voodoo, Angies! and sooooo on.

You better come back on here and tell us how your weekend went for sure...... have a good one man. Enjoy it!

Beacon

PS: Anyone remeber the name of that Irish pub on main? great sport just can never remember the name.......

Duffman: Hey Duff lovers! Does anyone in this bar loooove Duff?
Carl: Hey, it's Duffman!
Lenny: Newsweek said you died of liver failure.
Duffman: Duffman can never die, only the actors who play him. Ooh yeah!
WannaFly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WannaFly »

Awesome thanks for the assistance fellas, will let you know how it goes tomorrow evening.... Just went to cherrys across the street from the hotel this evening and had a few pints while watching the game .... it wasnt horribly bad, actually!

Cheers

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by loopy »

Go to the Sport's Rock Pub. by the big mall. Great wings and you can sign the Piper Traumahawk hanging from the ceiling. There's also a real good micro brewery with good food downtown...the name escapes me.

Wally3Wheels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Wally3Wheels »

There's a few good place's...

1. The Pumphouse Brewery - downtown.
2. St. James Gate - a few blocks further downtown (Fri-Sat night).
3. The Rockin Rodeo - Quick pick-up (Thurs-Sat night) on Elmwood Dr.
4. Sports Rock to sign MFC's old Tomahawk (24/7) Paul Steet - Dieppe.
5. The Voodoo Lounge (Mountain Rd.) &/or the Cosmo (Thurs-Sat night) - downtown.

8)

Do not judge until you know the full story...
Luscombe
Rank 5
Rank 5

mmmmm Moncton

Post by Luscombe »

Pumphouse... good beer if you're into different "brewpub" stuff.

La Lanterne on the Irishtown road (if it's still open).

It's been years since I've partied in QM. Is Spanky's still open downtown? The place used to be quite the "happy hunting grounds" if you were looking for some company of the opposite sex type without giving you an "attitude". Nice place.

FUBAR
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FUBAR »

Try the old Chris Rock...$1.80 draught.

If I remember correctly Doc Dylan's has cheap Martinis on Saturdays.

Friday nights, Pub 1755 has $1.75 bar shots with a live band...and it's right next to ANGIE'S...peeler bar.

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 123.50 »

LOL
Holy Crap, i guess its true, you want to find a cheap place to drink, just ask a pilot, hahahah

LOL

Return to “The Water Cooler”