Second best job ever

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Second best job ever

Post by Mach1 »

I was bored and channel surfing last night when I saw the second best job in aviation (because there is always one out there that is better).

I was transfixed just waiting to find out what show I was watching... it turned out to be Fringe. But there in the middle of last nights episode was a pilot flying a single engine float plane with a first officer AND a flight attendant. She was serving him coffee with a lovely service set whilst he was taxiing for departure out of (insert fictional city here that was really) Vancouver.

What a job, one turbine engine, 2 crew plus full service!!

Come to think of it, the in-flight service would be awesome for all 6-8 people on board being served by the FA... might have even been 2 FA's, who knows?
---------- ADS -----------

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
Boeing boy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Second best job ever

Post by Boeing boy »

Wow. I guess the company REALLY cares about customer service.

Cadismack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cadismack »

Yeah it would be.

Just wondering about the episode though. It was supposed to be in Seattle. Is there a chance that that sequence was filmed there? I know that there are float ops and its unlike, but anyone know if there is a operator that has two crew single with cabin service? Ahh to dream!

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

Mach1 wrote:I was bored and channel surfing last night when I saw the second best job in aviation (because there is always one out there that is better).

I was transfixed just waiting to find out what show I was watching... it turned out to be Fringe. But there in the middle of last nights episode was a pilot flying a single engine float plane with a first officer AND a flight attendant. She was serving him coffee with a lovely service set whilst he was taxiing for departure out of (insert fictional city here that was really) Vancouver.

What a job, one turbine engine, 2 crew plus full service!!

Come to think of it, the in-flight service would be awesome for all 6-8 people on board being served by the FA... might have even been 2 FA's, who knows?
If the had an STC for a blowjob giver underneath the yoke that would have bumped it to first best job?

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
SuperDave
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SuperDave »

Hehe...it would be fun.
The only problem I can see with that scene is that is was at night. I don't know how many of you have ever had the pleasant experience of landing a floatplane in the dark, but it certainly is not as relaxing as portrayed in the episode. Although one can always dream...it would be cool to do an ILS to a lighted 'water runway' as per James Bond.
My dream job has always been to fly a WW2 era fighter, (ie: Tiger Cat) around the mountains dropping charges to set of avalanches in order to keep skiers and the highways safe. Diving into a valley with a sharp pull at the bottom and screaming up-hill in order to drop the bomb near the peak, then split-S'ing over the top and down the other side....
Obviously this does not exist but if it did I think I'd be a prime candidate. I have at least 10,000 hrs doing that exact same thing when I'm dreaming (or daydreaming on autopilot)...and that has to count for something, no? Maybe half? They say visualization is the key...

Maintain thy airspeed least the ground come up and smite thee!
Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

Hugh Hefner still holds the title for "Best Job in the World" I assume?

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
Bulawrench
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Bulawrench »

I am sorry i missed the episode.
Did the pilot hit the co-pilot with a fire extinguisher.
They filmed it in our hangar.

paydaymayday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by paydaymayday »

SuperDave wrote:My dream job has always been to fly a WW2 era fighter, (ie: Tiger Cat) around the mountains dropping charges to set of avalanches in order to keep skiers and the highways safe.
Come on, superdave, you know your dream job is flying potatoes to peawanuck ;)

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

I'm moving this thread to misc. because I highly suspect judging from initial posts...it's going down hill from here...

paydaymayday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by paydaymayday »

I am Birddog wrote:I'm moving this thread to misc. because I highly suspect judging from initial posts...it's going down hill from here...
The definition of up/downhill depends on the direction you are standing :mrgreen:

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

paydaymayday wrote:
I am Birddog wrote:I'm moving this thread to misc. because I highly suspect judging from initial posts...it's going down hill from here...
The definition of up/downhill depends on the direction you are standing :mrgreen:

true dat :lol:

Let me put it another way...no matter what I say on this forum...it's like kicking water uphill...I'm never going to win :D

I'm just looking forward to retirement @ post 5000...collect my avcanada pension and then leave to raise goats in the hills of Tibet.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I am Birddog wrote:I'm just looking forward to retirement @ post 5000...collect my avcanada pension and then leave to raise goats in the hills of Tibet.
It's a violation of your human rights to force retirement at 5000 posts. And even if you wanted to your progression to 5000 posts will be drastically stagnated resulting in the decimation of your avcanada career.

I thought you knew that.

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

Rockie wrote:
I thought you knew that.
"the more I see...the less I know for sure"-John Lennon

paydaymayday
Rank 4