What's up with the Moderators on this site???

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

What's up with the Moderators on this site???

Post by bizjets101 »

Not bad, irked two nights in a row.

Last night a thread was blocked, after I complained it was unblocked and I received an apology.
However what irked me, was the Mod hadn't bothered to read the post, just assumed it was similar to another post from two weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=67759 my post.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=67414 mistaken as this post.

The top post involved a fatal crash of a Extra 300 involved in a mid air at a German airshow over this past weekend.

The second, involved a Tiger Moth that crashed into the crowd killing a spectator at another German airshow two weeks earlier.

Great it was corrected.

So tonight, I posted this; viewtopic.php?f=95&t=67784

Which was promptly moved to Aerobatics and Airshows - a topic on the very bottom of the page - that I didn't even know existed until now?

However it wasn't aerobatics, and though it occurred at an Air Race - it was posted as a current event, it occurred over the weekend. It involves a Thunder Mustang that suffered a mechanical problem and made an emergency return to the airport.

Amazingly the entire accident is caught on tape, and high quality photos, the aircraft cart wheeled and was completely destroyed - but the pilot walked away from this violent crash.

Rather than hide behind anonymity - if your going to move a current event accident thread, to another topic where nobody's going to see it, first what is the point of posting on AvCanada, and second - it irks me that the mods don't at least have the courtesy of both telling me, explaining why - and most of all stating their name so you can contact them.

So whoever moved the post, please, explain why???

Thankyou
---------- ADS -----------

modi13
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: What's up with the Moderators on this site???

Post by modi13 »

I had a similar experience several months ago. I created a thread on flight training, which specifically addressed a subject being taught in groundschool, only to have it moved to "Misc./Political Debate/Aviation Humour" and it promptly became buried under more recent posts. There was nothing in the "Flight Training" forum that said "Moved", and it was almost impossible to find; that seemed to be intentional, as though the mod wanted to end the discussion without outright locking it. That's just a feeling though.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

One thing I like about pprune is when a post is moved a note is left at the original location with a note of the forum where it has been moved. IMO Avcanada should do the same thing.

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

I agree with you, and feel out of respect alone - after all, if I'm going to take the time, research my topic, links, photos, sources etc., before I post - the least they can do is (as pprune does) leave a 'Moved' note and link.

Widow
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Widow »

When you sign up for this board,
You agree(d) that “AVCANADA” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit
If you have lost a thread you created or contributed to, please click the "View your posts" link at the top right of the forum to look for it. If it has not been shuffled into the mod cave, or otherwise deleted, it will be there.

Another useful link, found at the top left of the board is "View active topics". All the latest active threads that are not in private forums are listed when you click that link.

Guess what. This thread is now locked.

Former Advocate for Floatplane Safety

Return to “The Water Cooler”