Taxation? Bend over....

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Taxation? Bend over....

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

WOW the measure of success is your dad brought you into his business and you also ride snow mobiles. I guess its no wonder you manage to spend day after day posting your "achievements" here. A regular renaissance man.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Did Eric pull the chute halfway through the run?

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Deleted.

Last edited by Beefitarian on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Ha ha, fastposted! And I took the time to correct your. Get off the intertrons old man.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

Prairie Chicken wrote:Ok, BTD, the disconnect is here:
why did our commercial pilot above convert his RRSP to a RIFF prior to his retirement, so that he is drawing from it while receiving a salary?
Our pilot has not converted his RRSP. He can live on other income. But see, he's still going to be in that high tax bracket at age 71 when he must convert the RRSP to a RIFF, so you're right when you say
If he is in the top tax bracket he shouldn't need the RIFF yet. You are not forced to start drawing from it until you are 71.
I agree that being in the highest tax bracket (from pension benefit &/or otherwise) is not everyone's idea of a problem, I'm just saying when you buy RRSPs, and when you cash them in, are both aspects to examine thoughfully.
No argument from me there.

I guess the key is to live off your RRSPs earlier in retirement, and once that minimum withdrawl income drops to lower levels, then start living off other investments where you will be forced to pay captital gains taxes etc. And if your minimum RRIF withdrawls put you into the highest bracket, you are probably going to do okay unless you live to be around 115. :)

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

Hedley wrote:Sorry, I was too busy to take any pictures.

Eric and I did a runway inspection yesterday,
Lucky bugger. I had to clear a foot of snow off of mine. Not quite two wheel suitable yet, though its not quite long enough to top out on anyways.

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

azimuthaviation wrote:" and am having a rest and vodka. Do you approve"

Actually if you drank poison I could care less.

Isnt in illegal to drink over there anyways? I know its against Islam.

A Canadian by convenience, and a murtad fitri, what a combination

I am still a Canadian only! So far. I earn good money abroad and send 5k home every month...
I use the medical system in an other country, thereby saving you guys time in the waiting lines, and money...
I pay for OHIP, although I never use its services...
I will not collect any old age pension, because my private plan is enough...
I pay taxes in Canada for my canadian revenues, which may be more than you pay...

BTW, everyone here drink, some openly, and spme secretly. Is that all you know about the islamic culture???
Have one on me... :drinkers:

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Oh so in the new Afghanistan women are allowed to show their faces and people can drink. Great progress, and so worth the ten year investment.

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

azimuthaviation wrote:Oh so in the new Afghanistan women are allowed to show their faces and people can drink. Great progress, and so worth the ten year investment.
Women are showing more and more their faces, yes.
People here always drank. Especially during the good old communist times.
Do not only go by what I say, but also by what I diplomatically keep for myself... 8)

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

"good old communist times"

Thats gotta be the first time Ive ever heard those 4 words in succession.

Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

azimuthaviation wrote:"good old communist times"

Thats gotta be the first time Ive ever heard those 4 words in succession.
Ha! Ha! Please travel to this part of the world, and you will hear them a lot, especially in Af!
Traveling opens the eyes. Seriously... :shock:

Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

I shared vodka with afghan generals more than once. The way they drank, it was obvious they were trained by the soviets.
When I speak to them in Russian, they get nostalgic, emotional, and really friendly. It is like a blast from the past... :(

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Ya four million refugees and 100's of thousands of dead fighters, and ten times that amount in civilian dead. The Afghans sounded like they loved communism. If those are the good old days, thats a testament to how well the Afghan mission is going ten years in.

But theres good news for ya, you dont have to come back to Canada. There are still several communist paradises left. North Korea, Burma, maybe Cuba? I dont know why an ardent Communist such as yourself chose Canada.

Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

In my book, the communist government of Afghanisyan was in power for a number of years, and when things started going bad, following the uprisings of the seventies, requested the Soviets to come and help. Right?
This is just like Bahrain now, where we think things will be OK, and the government has a right to seek outside help.

In 2001, the West decided to invade Afghanistan, oust the existing regime, and install a puppet government, which remained through two fraudulent elections...

Take your pick. Which is worse? I think both are very bad moves, into the graveyard of empires...

By the way, the far right now in the west is starting to behave like the Soviets, before the collapse...

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Is that what they taught you at Patrice Lumumba? The Soviet Union was the most despotic evil empire of the 20th century, hands down. The Soviets did not come to help. They came and killed the president and then began a ten year terror on the heads of the Aghans. Not to help them but to try to expand their evil ideology. Their actions were so evil and demonic that the shock from the rest of the world led to their downfall. You consider that "help"?

And no the ten year reign of Karzi and his drug dealer brother is not much better, and neither are the people who are aiding them. But to say Communism or AGhanistan under Communism was better? Thats the most absurd thing I ever heard.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

azimuthaviation wrote:Is that what they taught you at Patrice Lumumba? The Soviet Union was the most despotic evil empire of the 20th century, hands down. The Soviets did not come to help. They came and killed the president and then began a ten year terror on the heads of the Aghans. Not to help them but to try to expand their evil ideology. Their actions were so evil and demonic that the shock from the rest of the world led to their downfall. You consider that "help"?

And no the ten year reign of Karzi and his drug dealer brother is not much better, and neither are the people who are aiding them. But to say Communism or AGhanistan under Communism was better? Thats the most absurd thing I ever heard.
Hedley wrote:
women are allowed to show their faces and people can drink
I take it that offends your religion?

Return to “The Water Cooler”