Occupy "Your City"

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Occupy "Your City"

Post by JakeYYZ »

Jealousy and shame is the motivation behind Canada’s radical leftists. They would never admit jealousy is what drives them. In fact, they probably don't even recognize that trait in themselves. But the way the radical left looks at things is not what they have, but what others have. They obsess that if someone else has something, then they too should be entitled to it. It doesn`t matter if people better off than them worked harder, are smarter, took risks to achieve their advantages, or just made better decisions. That`s not important. What`s important is that someone else has something that they want. And because they recognize that their own limited talents and the potential of their Equity Studies degrees limits them to a life not much better than the one they have now, rather than trying to improve their lives, they want to tear down the achievements of people more successful than they.
Leftists have made it impossible for them to even work because you told them to "follow their heart" and gave everyone a ‘participation trophy’’ and other leftist 60's crap, and now none of them have the skills to get the jobs to earn the money. Let me give you a couple of real world examples. My children were born in 77 and 79. I have always celebrated their birthday with a party which they could invite 10-15 friends. Over the years, I’ve come to know some of the parents. Most of the kids are successful, as in they are employed in their field of study. ..a carpenter, speech therapist, 2 nurses, Red Seal chef de Cuisine, logistics manager with HP, and a web monkey...all living on their own. Then there are the exceptions. A degree in music history (African American music), a diploma in hotel management, a degree in Kinesiology and finally a degree in political science. These kids live with their parents and work in fields unrelated to their studies. Can you guess which kids had the hippie parents?
---------- ADS -----------

Spokes
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Spokes »

Rockie wrote:
Spokes wrote:The Liberals boasted 20$bn surpluses. Thats taking a lot of money out of our pockets that they did not really need.
All of the budget surpluses went toward reducing our debt, and since you're a smart guy you know that debt is what's threatening to destroy the European Union/Euro and create economic havoc in the rest of the world.

I'm no fan of the Liberals, but the financial regulations they put in place and the fiscal discipline they exercised while in power are the only reasons Harper can brag about Canada's enviable situation today. It certainly wasn't anything he did.
sigh, I don't even know why I post here. :roll:

Wahunga!
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Spokes wrote:
Rockie wrote:
Spokes wrote:The Liberals boasted 20$bn surpluses. Thats taking a lot of money out of our pockets that they did not really need.
All of the budget surpluses went toward reducing our debt, and since you're a smart guy you know that debt is what's threatening to destroy the European Union/Euro and create economic havoc in the rest of the world.

I'm no fan of the Liberals, but the financial regulations they put in place and the fiscal discipline they exercised while in power are the only reasons Harper can brag about Canada's enviable situation today. It certainly wasn't anything he did.
sigh, I don't even know why I post here. :roll:
The largest national budget surplus ever recorded in Canada was 13.8 billion for 2006-2007, not 20 billion. In the ten years before Harper came to power the Liberals retired about 90 billion of the national debt. Presumably you know Canada's debt constitutes a heavy burden on us, the taxpayer. That debt is continuing to get worse as we once again chalk up record deficits year after year. All of the surplus the Liberals had when they were in power went toward paying down that debt in accordance with Canadian law. Saying that was unnecessary is like saying it's not necessary to pay off that $16,700.00 credit card debt you're carrying. That's your personal share of the national debt, and if you have a wife and kids each of them owe the same amount.

Not necessary you say?

Last edited by Rockie on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilbur
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Wilbur »

I got a chuckle reading last weekend's Vancouver Province. The mayor of Dawson Creek was in Vancouver, stopped by the "occupy" site and tried handing out some business cards for people to call if they wanted work. Seems the unemployment rate in DC is 0% with many jobs unfilled, but alas, none of the "occpiers" were interested.

Deadbeats looking to be given the maximum for doing the minimum. They will accomplish nothing because that is what they do best.

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

Or maybe they couldn't afford a bus ticket and first and last month's rent.

It's expensive to move, ya know. :roll:

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Wilbur wrote:I got a chuckle reading last weekend's Vancouver Province. The mayor of Dawson Creek was in Vancouver, stopped by the "occupy" site and tried handing out some business cards for people to call if they wanted work. Seems the unemployment rate in DC is 0% with many jobs unfilled, but alas, none of the "occpiers" were interested.

Deadbeats looking to be given the maximum for doing the minimum. They will accomplish nothing because that is what they do best.
Neither the mayor of Dawson Creek or you appear to know what the Occupy demonstrations were all about.

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Seems the unemployment rate in DC is 0% with many jobs unfilled..
Same thing around here, if you don't have a job it's because you don't want one. The mining and construction companies are crying for heavy equipment operators, electricians, plumbers - most kinds of trades people.

Return to “The Water Cooler”