CIA spy ring exposed, slaughtered

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

CIA spy ring exposed, slaughtered

Post by azimuthaviation »

http://gma.yahoo.com/exclusive-cia-spie ... 19159.html
The U.S. official, speaking for the record but without attribution, gave grudging credit to the efforts of Iran and Hezbollah to detect and expose U.S. and Israeli espionage.

In Beirut, two Hezbollah double agents pretended to go to work for the CIA.

"If they were genuine spies, spying against Hezbollah, I don't think we'll ever see them again," he said. "These guys are very, very vicious and unforgiving."

"Hezbollah is an extremely complicated enemy," said a U.S. official. "It's a determined terrorist group, a powerful political player, a mighty military and an accomplished intelligence operation, formidable and ruthless. No one underestimates its capabilities."
---------- ADS -----------

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: CIA spy ring exposed, slaughtered

Post by niss »

Do you have an opinion on the matter or just sharing the link?

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

No opinion, the story speaks for itself. I find it pretty interesting since at work the other day we were arguing about the CIA. One person was saying all the technology and sophistication they employ, I was arguing theyre floppy pants goons who havent gotten anything right in decades. They didnt prevent 9/11 or wikileaks, their intelligence has proven fatallly bad, they gave a cake to a terrorist on his birthday who blew himself at said party killing eight of them, they lose laptops with top secret information in taxis, at airports... Every American institution is failing, and if the trends continue, its going to be a very different and exciting world we spend our middle age in.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

azimuthaviation wrote:I was arguing theyre floppy pants goons
I laughed.

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re:

Beefitarian wrote:
I laughed.

That was quoted from a book written by a former Mossad agent actually. He also had similar commentary on the KGB, does anyone remember those guys??

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

They didnt prevent 9/11
No, but they did prevent 3/15 and 6/27.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Canuck223
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Canuck223 »

photofly wrote:
They didnt prevent 9/11

Only those at the top will ever know about thier successes. Everyone will read about thier failures.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Re:

Post by 2R »

azimuthaviation wrote:
Beefitarian wrote:
I laughed.

That was quoted from a book written by a former Mossad agent actually. He also had similar commentary on the KGB, does anyone remember those guys??

The KGB is the pink version of the NKVD;Now morphed into the FSB.They have a very nice field office in Vancouver(outside their consulate in the same building as the MI6 chappies)

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Re:

Post by 2R »

azimuthaviation wrote:
Beefitarian wrote:
I laughed.

The KGB is the pink version of the NKVD;Now morphed into the FSB.They have a very nice field office in Vancouver(outside their consulate in the same building as the MI6 chappies)

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

azimuthaviation wrote: They didnt prevent 9/11
They might well have, had their information been heeded by those further up the food chain...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

azimuthaviation wrote:No opinion, the story speaks for itself. I find it pretty interesting since at work the other day we were arguing about the CIA. One person was saying all the technology and sophistication they employ, I was arguing theyre floppy pants goons who havent gotten anything right in decades. They didnt prevent 9/11 or wikileaks, their intelligence has proven fatallly bad, they gave a cake to a terrorist on his birthday who blew himself at said party killing eight of them, they lose laptops with top secret information in taxis, at airports... Every American institution is failing, and if the trends continue, its going to be a very different and exciting world we spend our middle age in.
Exciting in what way?

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

KAG wrote:
azimuthaviation wrote:No opinion, the story speaks for itself. I find it pretty interesting since at work the other day we were arguing about the CIA. One person was saying all the technology and sophistication they employ, I was arguing theyre floppy pants goons who havent gotten anything right in decades. They didnt prevent 9/11 or wikileaks, their intelligence has proven fatallly bad, they gave a cake to a terrorist on his birthday who blew himself at said party killing eight of them, they lose laptops with top secret information in taxis, at airports... Every American institution is failing, and if the trends continue, its going to be a very different and exciting world we spend our middle age in.
Exciting in what way?
Iran?
http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/ ... tack-iran/

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

photofly wrote:
They didnt prevent 9/11

The kid's dad who snuck a bomb up his ass into a plane on Christmas 2009 warned the US that his son was up to something and was going to do something like that. And the CIA was asleep at its desk or chasing its tail trying to find its own ass. I wouldnt give the CIA too much credit, even the many attacks that US intelligence "foiled" due to informants who were the ringleaders. I think Fox News said it best (thats right Fox News): “We are fools if we praise a government for exposing a plot of it’s own creation and saving us from a danger that never existed.“

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

OK then, AA - what's the answer? It's clear none of us have it, and you do ... so - tell us. We're doing this all wrong and we need you to save us.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “The Water Cooler”