Airbus to rename the C Series...disgusting.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

govida
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Airbus to rename the C Series...disgusting.

Post by govida »

What exactly does the board have to do with you not believe people bought into BBD at its lowest. I'm new here so there must be something I'm missing.

>That's just me. Anyone can claim anything in hindsight. I give that stuff zero respect and it adds no value to any discussion.

The only thing I claimed in hindsight was my wish to have purchased more. The only reason I didn't, was because I didn't have anymore cash back then.

What do true professionals do rookie? What do the professionals at managed funds that can't beat the market do?

http://fortune.com/2017/04/13/stock-ind ... ual-funds/

What do these hedge fund professionals that can't seem to beat monkeys do?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-h ... 2015-06-25
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

govida wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:31 am
What do true professionals do rookie? What do the professionals at managed funds that can't beat the market do?

http://fortune.com/2017/04/13/stock-ind ... ual-funds/

What do these hedge fund professionals that can't seem to beat monkeys do?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-h ... 2015-06-25
They sure don't brag like kids in junior high school, that's for sure.

govida
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by govida »

Now you're just taking a piss rookie.
They sure don't brag like kids in junior high school, that's for sure.
You're right, they're worse. You think a pilots ego is bad? Try meeting one of those guys.

Unfortunately, you strike me as the type that would be pissing on someone for having the good fortune of winning the lottery.

govida
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by govida »

There goes rookie, changing his post once again.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

I'm one of those classless and unprofessional sh*theads so let me just say this. Buy Low Sell High. Who knew???? For once in my life I stuck to that and now I'm grateful to BBD management for turning the company around, and turn it around they have, whether rookiepilot cares to admit that or not. I don't care who threw them a bone. I'm taking my shameless unprofessional victory lap and hanging on to my shares (dollar cost averaged, not many bought at .99 cents).
I'm sure glad I'm not one of Rookiepilot's accounts. I wouldn't be holding a penny's worth of BBD stock right now if I'd listened to him. At the very least, he'd have had me buy high and sell low.
Woo hoo!!! Happy, happy, joy, joy

:supz: :partyman: :supz:

Gino Under

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Gambling is not investing. And just like gamblers, I'm sure the rocket scientists who claim to have made a killing will be strangely silent when they get their asses handed to them on their next "can't lose" stock pick. :mrgreen:

I'm on the "get rich slow" program, and it's worked fine for me...

Not sure why renaming a purchased aircraft line is "disgusting"...Boeing did it as well? The aircraft in question seems like a winner no matter what it's called...

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

The C Series (a.k.a. the A220) is so advanced there's no reason for Airbus to change a thing, let alone the avionics or FBW. It wouldn't hurt Airbus to use C*Laws in their low end products (a.k.a. A320Neo) just for the simplicity if for no other reason. Not likely to happen.

Stock watchers: BBD-B is down significantly this week. I expect to see more downward trend as I imagine a transition to a Business Aircraft only manufacturer seems to be their most probable fate. The Commercial aircraft in BBDs stable (CRJ and Dash8) could one day be load shed as my instincts tell me they are morphing into a B and G duopoly of corporate OEMs. Just like A and B in the commercial world. The GX7500 is f**kin awesome!!! Why not be part of a duopoly that doesn't compete with A and B?

It's been nerve wracking, but still planning to hold on to my B shares and ride the ride.

Keep the blue side up.
Gino

Level Change
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Level Change »

Personally, I am amazed that the Canadian public seems to be fine with our government handing over $8 Billion worth of tax payer money to Bombardier just to have them wrap it up and give it to Airbus. Criminal. IMO, Bombardier does not deserve to be in business. They can't seem to deliver on anything. Just ask the TTC. Any product they have which is successful has been something they have purchased. ie Canadair or De Havilland. They flooded the market with the CRJ which was simply a 604 with a plug in it and still managed to lose money on that program.

People like to blame Boeing but Bombardier has been getting direct cash bailouts from our government for quite some time. If they really thought Boeing had no case, I doubt the C series would now be called an Airbus.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

Go ahead, dump on Bombardier.
Why would Canadians be supportive of anything Canadian when there are superior American, Brazilian, or European products out there? Because those of you that don't know the C Series, now the A220, don't know the first thing about the superiority of this aircraft.
The ridiculous notion Bombardier got or gets nothing out of this partnership is just that. Ridiculous, inaccurate and simply not true.
Airbus got 50% plus one share and Bombardier and the Quebec government got 50% less 1 share. So they each will profit from this joint venture. If the aeroplane continues to sell.
In the 50% less one, about 19% goes to the Quebec government. Financial viability and eventual profits are simply hypothetical at this point in time. So is the share price.
Lastly, I believe the joint venture isn't exactly an exclusive Airbus venture, but Airbus have allowed the new 'partnership entity' to use the Airbus identity for marketing purposes and, like Bombardier, it remains a stand alone orphan, I mean program.

Quote:
"Under the agreement, Airbus will provide procurement, sales and marketing, and customer support expertise to the C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership (CSALP), the entity that manufactures and sells the C Series. At closing, Airbus will acquire a 50.01% interest in CSALP. Bombardier and Investissement Québec (IQ) will own approximately 31% and 19% respectively.

CSALP’s headquarters and primary assembly line and related functions will remain in Québec, with the support of Airbus’ global reach and scale. Airbus’ global industrial footprint will expand with the Final Assembly Line in Canada and additional C Series production at Airbus’ manufacturing site in Alabama, U.S. This strengthening of the programme and global cooperation will have positive effects on Québec and Canadian aerospace operations." (no mention of Toulouse, eh?)

The CRJ is a loser??? Bombardier lost money on it?? Seriously???? You might want to do some research into that notion.

Gino Under

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Gino;

In your honest opinion -- over the years as a whole -- which has been the better managed company?

Bombardier or Boeing?

Or, on the train side, Bombardier or Siemens?

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

rookie
Howzit going?
Thanks for the question.
I'm exhausted from my short lived 'victory lap', BTW. (wink, wink) The way I'm feeling about BBD is like the football bounce you see when no one catches the football you threw. All over the place.
I just hope my BBD-B shares continue to rise toward that predicted $10 per (hope being the operative word).

Anyway, let me try to honestly answer your question.
Siemens? 170 years old.
Boeing? 102 years old.
Bombardier? 76 years old.
Bombardier Aerospace? 29 years old.

Based on what I've seen from Bombardier management since the late 90s, I'm not impressed with their track record. Based on what I've seen since Bellemare took over, I'm impressed with who he's brought into the organization and what he's done so far with his management team. I think the Board members should be reviewed. Especially its composition and whether or not the executive team continues to gradually improve company performance over time remains to be seen. I like what I see but with some reservations.
If I were to be completely honest with myself, I'd have to go with Siemens as my answer to your question.
I hate to sound overly patriotic over this issue, but I back Bombardier. I expect it to survive because of the impact on Canadian aerospace. But it remains a small fish in a big pond. Governments will always financially support Canadian corporations, especially the sizable ones employing lots of Canadian taxpayers (like Canadian Airlines, Air Canada, Chrysler, the Canadian Fisheries, you name it), I hope it continues to keep people employed. I believe the newly re-branded C series will continue to sell under Airbus management.
Cheers,

Gino Under :partyman:

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

It's not that I particularly oppose Canada's support for a aerospace industry.

I question what governments will be able to afford, all over the world, in years to come. Hard choices may need to be made.

Unless they all simply print the required money, as Japan is doing.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

Because of their Fake President, I have become increasingly anti-American. I’ve recently and intentionally started looking for American products NOT to buy when I shop. Getting worse by the day. Consequently, Boeing can get stuffed. They may make good, reliable aeroplanes but Air Canada may well regret switching to the ‘Frankenstein’ known as the Max. Similar to putting a 787 avionics package in their clapped out 767s?

Boeing Embraer? That partnership doesn’t make any sense to me. I think the Brazilians listened to a Boeing snake oil salesman (IMHO) because scope clauses won’t help sell that many E-jets. We’ll see.

MRJ, I agree. Nice aeroplane. But also scoped out. But I think, more so than Canada, the Japanese are tossing coins in a fountain and making a wish. I do that every Friday only to wake up on Saturday to find out someone else won the Loto.

Do we really need to get into a discussion on the Russian, Chinese, or any other new comers for that matter? I expect them to have only each other for markets, but nowhere else.

You’re probably correct in your assessment regarding government support worldwide. The aeroplane market isn’t the automobile industry that some governments seem to think it is. Too many commercial aircraft choices doesn’t work in the kingdom of airlines. Somebody’s OEM won’t survive.
But, I’d like to see ours survive.

Enjoy your weekend.

Gino

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

If I were running Boeing I'd reopen the 757 line with new high BP engines, and updated avionics. Stop stretching the Max past an 800 and CX the max 900/1000. I'd really love to see a revamped 757. That's just me, but I guess that what the 797 will be.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Maybe it's me. This is what's wrong with Quebec, and with Canada.
Why would the best and brightest ever stay in this country?
https://business.financialpost.com/tele ... 1533849945

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”