7F and 5T Codesharing flights.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: 7F and 5T Codesharing flights.

Post by FICU »

Oh lovely... First Air plan to have Flair fly the morning YOW-YFB run with Canadian North codeshare pax. Not gonna happen. What are they thinking?
---------- ADS -----------

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

All this innuendo, just what the heck is going on up north between these two airlines lately ?

ettw
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ettw »

7f is down an airplane for a few months while it has the combi mod done to it.

I'm sure that Flair is cheaper than what 5t would have wanted to get paid for doing 7f's AM flight YOW-YFB AN I figure that ruffled feathers at 5t so they pulled out if part of code share.

What's going on is two airlines continue to fight for profits in a market that really can only support one.

You know, it's too bad but I'm sure the loss of jobs in this scenario is not close to being over.

ETTW

1. The company pays me to make money for it.
2. If the company doesn't make money neither do I
3. I still hate simulators
FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

5T won't allow it biggest charter competitor to fly it's scheduled pax period. How could 7F possibly think they would?

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Iqaluit city council is meeting with the competition bureau regarding the codeshare now, but after reading the article on CBC, it seems to be complaints about service and not pricing:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/iqa ... -1.3220557

thirdtimecharm
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thirdtimecharm »

Still some rumours of a sale of one or both of the code share partners in the new year. Both airlines seem to be rushing to make their balance sheet look as positive as possible in the short term to increase their sale price at the expense of any longer term decisions.

There is no way either of these airlines' management group feels like they are in this for the long haul... they wouldn't go so far out of their way to completely piss off their customers so much.

ettw
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ettw »

Well you could make all of your customers happy. Then you go broke. Finally the airline who is still in business has a monopoly...for a while.

Id be able to hear all of the complaining from 1200 miles away.

It's expensive running a northern airline and I doubt even with all of this codeshareing and cost cutting that either of our companies are making much money.

You don't want to pay big ticket prices to get around, move South.

ETTW

1. The company pays me to make money for it.
2. If the company doesn't make money neither do I
3. I still hate simulators
Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Renewed merger talks in 5...4...3...2...1

thirdtimecharm
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thirdtimecharm »

You won't merge with someone you can't feel that you can trust at all.

Maybe bought out by the same group?

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

Fact. It's two companies with historical roots that provide them with the inability to get along for any length of time.

Fact. Someone up there has figured out that they can make money and sub-charter someone else to do they're work cheaper with scab pilots/scuzzy operator, than to operate their own work themselves.

Speculation. Other operator watching this unfold will soon bring in a outside scab operator of their own to remain competitive, and the North will have a sky regional/Georgian warm and fuzzy feeling to it while the instability continues to grow.

Everyone following along?

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

How is the other code share going with MO?

wallflower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallflower »

As a punter I wouldn't be too happy if I bought an expensive seat on a reputable scheduled carrier like First Air or Canadian and then find myself travelling with some ratty tatty charter outfit of questionable competence.
Genuine code sharing has advantages and purposes for the partners but it seems that 7F and 5T have misunderstood what it's all about.
They will surely suffer if they go on mucking about like this.

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Brock knows what he's doing when it comes to code share. While at Canadian, Brock put the CP/BA deal together along with CP/LH, CP/QF/NZ, CP/PR/Mandarin Airlines. After CP, he became VP Strategy for Star Alliance.

I have no idea about the other team.

bmc
Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

plhought wrote:
Mr. North wrote:Are they testing something because I thought their machines were already gravel certified?
My understanding is although the aircraft is equipped/approved for gravel, there is some MTOW penalties associated with it.

One can get dispensation from BAe to allow near-full weight unprepared-surface operations on a per machine, per operator, per aerodrome basis. Probably involves some numbers (CBR, accelerate-stop distances...etc).
Apparently TC didn't accept the gravel testing that was done initially. Made summit do a whole bunch on various density gravel runways. They were in Dawson for a week, few days in Mayo, and some in Cambridge, not sure where else. I helped them out moving a bunch of sandbags for a verbal agreement of a case of beer a day, the bastards stiffed me so I sent an invoice for the 9 hours of labour, which I haven't seen a nickel from. I hope karma gets them back.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Redneck_pilot86 wrote:
plhought wrote:
Mr. North wrote:Are they testing something because I thought their machines were already gravel certified?
My understanding is although the aircraft is equipped/approved for gravel, there is some MTOW penalties associated with it.

One can get dispensation from BAe to allow near-full weight unprepared-surface operations on a per machine, per operator, per aerodrome basis. Probably involves some numbers (CBR, accelerate-stop distances...etc).
Apparently TC didn't accept the gravel testing that was done initially. Made summit do a whole bunch on various density gravel runways. They were in Dawson for a week, few days in Mayo, and some in Cambridge, not sure where else. I helped them out moving a bunch of sandbags for a verbal agreement of a case of beer a day, the bastards stiffed me so I sent an invoice for the 9 hours of labour, which I haven't seen a nickel from. I hope karma gets them back.
they don't care about small vendors till there is court involved, sue them and you'll get your check the day before court if it's not worth it write off the money owed and spit in their senior managements coffee when you get the opportunity.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”