Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Confessions of a Union Buster

Post by altiplano »

A bit old but still very relevant.

Produced by the APA during their stagnated contract talks in '96/'97.

https://youtu.be/tAgjII4CRi4
---------- ADS -----------

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Confessions of a Union Buster

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Unions are earned like a restraining order.

I've always worked for small operations, my direct manager has always been ether myself or the owner, till my most recent job.

The aviation side of the house is union, the medical side is not, and seeing how we are treated and how they are treated when it comes to forced coverage for open shifts, and also pay differences, when it comes to most big companies, outside of goldmansacs or Microsoft, unions are a good thing.

yyc757
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yyc757 »

Thanks for sharing. Very relevant today WRT WJ/Swoop. Perhaps you could share in WJ area. This is something all WJ pilots need to see.

Using this guy's thesis CB is certainly the one individual wishing to maintain control while JS is the union buster. Wonder if he is a "consultant" or part of the team of consultants?

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

yyc757 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:58 am Thanks for sharing. Very relevant today WRT WJ/Swoop. Perhaps you could share in WJ area. This is something all WJ pilots need to see.

Using this guy's thesis CB is certainly the one individual wishing to maintain control while JS is the union buster. Wonder if he is a "consultant" or part of the team of consultants?
Yes that's it! I'm made my $387,000 last year through preferential crew sked/crew planning treatment, and under-the-table secret payments...

I spent about $2000 of my after-tax money last year combatting the entry of ALPA into the ranks of WJ pilots. I don't regret a single penny.

I'm still a happy non-ALPA member!

Cheers

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:07 pm
yyc757 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:58 am Thanks for sharing. Very relevant today WRT WJ/Swoop. Perhaps you could share in WJ area. This is something all WJ pilots need to see.

Yes that's it! I'm made my $387,000 last year through preferential crew sked/crew planning treatment, and under-the-table secret payments...

I spent about $2000 of my after-tax money last year combatting the entry of ALPA into the ranks of WJ pilots. I don't regret a single penny.

I'm still a happy non-ALPA member!

Cheers
You might have a T4 that high, but how much of that did you actually take home?

flyzam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyzam »

"management would do what they could in an effort to demean you. They would package you and bring you down to the level of a janitor to take way from the importance of your role"

Sound familiar? It always makes me cringe seeing pilots on a big airline putting on gloves and going through garbage. What next emptying the toilets?

Sad.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”