Reps from operators express concern on new duty regs

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

PT6onH20
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Reps from operators express concern on new duty regs

Post by PT6onH20 »

Does anyone remember when the Coalition of Canadian Airlines came to be? I still can't believe they were able to organize themselves. I've worked for two companies on part of this "coalition" with entirely different scopes.

I don't understand how the likes of Porter and Georgian can lump themselves with the smaller 703 carriers, when they should be comparing themselves the rest of the Express / Regional pack. That being said, all pilots deserve fair and SAFE rest regulations, whether they're in a Cessna or a Boeing.
---------- ADS -----------

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

PT6onH20 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:40 am Does anyone remember when the Coalition of Canadian Airlines came to be? I still can't believe they were able to organize themselves. I've worked for two companies on part of this "coalition" with entirely different scopes.
The most ironic part of it all is that most of these airlines are very anti union, yet organize a union to try to defend themselves.

Expect more unionization before these regs go into effect.. Pilots are going to need to ensure their current wawcon doesn't change with these scum airlines if the new rules go ahead

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

It's quickly getting to the point where if the company doesn't have decent wawcon, they won't have any pilots. The new regs may just be the final push. Can't afford to pay pilots decently? Well good luck generating revenue with nobody to fly your planes.

PT6onH20
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PT6onH20 »

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”