Swoop offering yearly bonuses?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Swoop offering yearly bonuses?

Post by FL007 »

Not sure if it's new but the swoop pilot postings include a bonus on the date of hire for the first and second years. $7,500 for fos and $12,500 each year for captains.

They may be feeling the strain of hiring..
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Swoop offering yearly bonuses?

Post by tbaylx »

That has been the case for a couple of months now

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Whats likely to happen to those guys once this strike kicks in?

Are the WestJet guys essentially striking in order to increase WAWCON at Swoop? Or is the endgame dismantling Operation Pink? I'm guessing the latter.

I certainly can't picture ALPA taking in their freshly blacklisted pilots.

saltypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by saltypilot »

Ok, I’ll take this one. Every pilot that has accepted a job with Swoop knew full well what they were doing. All they had to do was wait and they couldn’t do it. The very best these people can expect now is right seat on a Q400 and the “respect” due them by each of the Westjet pilots they thumbed their nose at throughout the process. They don’t deserve that.

If any of you Whoopsters are reading this, hear me now, good luck EVER getting a jumpseat....not that I expect you to care but you’ve lost the respect of, at the very least, 91% of Westjet Pilots.

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

saltypilot wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:02 pm
If any of you Whoopsters are reading this, hear me now, good luck EVER getting a jumpseat....not that I expect you to care but you’ve lost the respect of, at the very least, 91% of Westjet Pilots.
I know quite a number of good people who are now working at swoop and count a number of them as friends. Friends with families to support and who applied for a job at an airline that was advertised.

If I hear of any blacklisting or agressive tactics against these pilots, you can bet the last time a WestJet pilot jumpseated with me will be the last. That will also include any hiring down the line that I am involved in.

Pick your fight with the management, not the pilots otherwise you will be fair game in my books.

The Fish
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by The Fish »

sicamore wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:18 pm
I know quite a number of good people who are now working at swoop and count a number of them as friends. Friends with families to support and who applied for a job at an airline that was advertised.

If I hear of any blacklisting or agressive tactics against these pilots, you can bet the last time a WestJet pilot jumpseated with me will be the last. That will also include any hiring down the line that I am involved in.

Pick your fight with the management, not the pilots otherwise you will be fair game in my books.
Sicamore,
Are you threating to blacklist somebody for blacklisting somebody?
This industry is fuct!
I’d suggest after the flying is brought back in house these guys get a preferential shot at an interview, where they can be judged by a panel of their peers. If successful they go BOTL at encore.
Our guys have mortgages and kids too!

Cheers

Wayward son

saltypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by saltypilot »

Hey Sicamore,

Not a problem. Let’s see how it all shakes out ;) My original post stands. Let’s just call it my own personal belief so you can take it solely out on me if you like.

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

saltypilot wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Hey Sicamore,

Not a problem. Let’s see how it all shakes out ;) My original post stands. Let’s just call it my own personal belief so you can take it solely out on me if you like.
Give me your name and I will otherwise, WestJet pilots it will be.

About time as well. As far as many are concerned you are all overpaid seat cleaners and bad comedians over the intercom who are responsible for dragging this industry and the profession down to new lows.

Maybe it would be the best outcome of this little drama that WestJet were to fold and maybe then pilots would once again have a little respect in themselves and their profession.

When you joined WestJet, you lost the respect of 91% of the pilots out there.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Airlines will pay pilots what pilots will work for.

It is no more complex than that.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

saltypilot wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:02 pm Ok, I’ll take this one. Every pilot that has accepted a job with Swoop knew full well what they were doing. All they had to do was wait and they couldn’t do it.

You do realize that makes no sense, right?

If an OTS Swoop applicant waits until the WAWCON is brought up to current WJ standards, then there is no DEC opportunity for them.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

saltypilot wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:02 pm Ok, I’ll take this one. Every pilot that has accepted a job with Swoop knew full well what they were doing. All they had to do was wait and they couldn’t do it. The very best these people can expect now is right seat on a Q400 and the “respect” due them by each of the Westjet pilots they thumbed their nose at throughout the process. They don’t deserve that.

I'm sure the Swoop guys will be happy to return the no jumpseat favor on their aircraft, guess we'll see how that plays out. Somehow doubt it's going to go quite like you think/hope.
Then one day everyone will get over themselves and stop being asshats and everyone will get along once again.

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heisenberg666 »

sicamore wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey Sicamore,

About time as well. As far as many are concerned you are all overpaid seat cleaners and bad comedians over the intercom who are responsible for dragging this industry and the profession down to new lows.

Maybe it would be the best outcome of this little drama that WestJet were to fold and maybe then pilots would once again have a little respect in themselves and their profession.

And you're disparaging the Westjet pilots that are now trying to do something about it?

No sympathy for the opportunists that joined the union-busting Swoop. Freeloaders shouldn't expect to benefit off the efforts of the Westjet pilot. I think bottom of the list at Encore is a fair outcome.

Ex99guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ex99guy »

Hey Sicamore,

Get bent! Every single pilot out there has bills to pay and families to support. I know a lot of good people who have worked hard to get to a reputable 705 for a chance to make some coin and provide a better life for their family. 99% of us didn't apply to swoop. The fact that these pilot POS's willingly applied to a union busting company for a marginally better wage than they were getting at another union busting company (we're looking at you yyz expresses) makes them selfish and greedy individuals. The fact you would consider them friends makes me wonder what company you keep what your swoop employee number is?
Do us all a favour and let us know who you and the rest of the swoopsters are. None of you are ever welcome in my jumpseat!
Thanks for devaluing my license and the job myself and others have worked so hard to achieve :roll:

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Get rid of them. Swoop scabs.
Encore FO is too good for them .
Lucky to be allowed on a plane I fly, let alone a jump seat.

Just callin it like it is.
Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

I understand emotions are running high and this is a very emotional subject for a lot of people.

Some of you do need to take a step back imho.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Oh woe is me. Sicamore won’t hire me. Lol

Checklist
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Checklist »

sicamore wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey Sicamore,

Give me your name and I will otherwise, WestJet pilots it will be.

So hold on. You’re concerned about other pilot groups bringing the industry down ... but support Swoop pilots?
It’s fine, just that it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

And the WJ pilot group does respect itself. Clearly. Hence the 91% strike vote. A percentage you reference for some reason??

Sounds like you’d rather pick this bone you got with WJ than make a coherent post.

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

Checklist wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:59 am So hold on. You’re concerned about other pilot groups bringing the industry down ... but support Swoop pilots?
It’s fine, just that it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

And the WJ pilot group does respect itself. Clearly. Hence the 91% strike vote. A percentage you reference for some reason??

Sounds like you’d rather pick this bone you got with WJ than make a coherent post.
I didn't say that I supported swoop pilots for what they are doing. What I am against is pilots targeting other pilots as you westjeters are so keen to do with your 1970's mentality of blacklisting and general hate.

Read my previous post - yes I have a general bone to pick with westjet as a company and the pilots that dragged the industry down by working for them.

You knew that when you started you would be cleaning the back of planes.
You knew that you would be putting other people out of jobs who already did that.
And now you complain when the same company is trying to do that to you.

With your george W. "you're either with us or against us mentality" has not garnered you any support amongst many other Canadian pilots who also see through your hypocrisy.

You were happy to work for a company that was forefront in the race to the bottom, and then complain when they want to continue that race.

Either way, I don't work for swoop, and never would have anything to do with your company that is nothing more than a glorified regional. I don't support you, nor your company, but rest assured if you turn on other pilots, it will come back to bite you in the ass.

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Sicamore,
Add all the AC pilots to your list of non-desirables. I have already enquired, and have been assured that Swoop pilots will NOT be granted jumpseats on AC aircraft under our reciprocal jumpseats agreements. They can take the bus, hitchhike, or whatever, but they will be persona non grata when it comes to JS.
Furthermore, do your "friends " a favour and tell them to......ah, nevermind...

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

tailgunner wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 am Sicamore,
Add all the AC pilots to your list of non-desirables. I have already enquired, and have been assured that Swoop pilots will NOT be granted jumpseats on AC aircraft under our reciprocal jumpseats agreements. They can take the bus, hitchhike, or whatever, but they will be persona non grata when it comes to JS.
Furthermore, do your "friends " a favour and tell them to......ah, nevermind...
Tailgunner - you can inquire with this AC pilot, and per company agreements, I will be allowing swoop pilots to JS.

Many of us have no love for westjet as an operating model nor the cleanup crew flying them.

Hard to believe not everyone supports your little crusade does it?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”