sky regional airlines first officers E175 job add.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Lt Colombo
Rank 0
Rank 0

sky regional airlines first officers E175 job add.

Post by Lt Colombo »

'' Please write 'Embraer First Officer' in the subject line ''

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't these guys have E 175 only !! nothing personal guys just attention to details :smt033
---------- ADS -----------

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: sky regional airlines first officers E175 job add.

Post by goleafsgo »

Just taking a guess but probably so they can seperate the pilot applications from people applying for other positions; flight attendant, etc

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Another guess, perhaps they want to know which pilot applications are willing to accept FO vs those only interested in DEC positions.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I really don't see a problem...

Do you have a point?

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

mbav8r wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:25 am Another guess, perhaps they want to know which pilot applications are willing to accept FO vs those only interested in DEC positions.
There are currently no DEC positions at Sky Regional so if there are people applying with that goal in mind, I believe they’ll be disappointed.

What’s the point of this thread? As others have stated, putting the job you’re applying for in the subject line helps HR sort incoming applications.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Cavalier44 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:51 am
mbav8r wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:25 am Another guess, perhaps they want to know which pilot applications are willing to accept FO vs those only interested in DEC positions.
There are currently no DEC positions at Sky Regional so if there are people applying with that goal in mind, I believe they’ll be disappointed.

What’s the point of this thread? As others have stated, putting the job you’re applying for in the subject line helps HR sort incoming applications.
That was my point, saves HR the trouble of contacting a pilot who is only interested in DEC, I imagine SR gets unsolicited applications from time to time.
The original poster couldn’t see the obvious so some, myself and yourself included offered their two cents.
I find it humorous that you asked the point of the thread but then offered your own answer to the original question.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Lt Colombo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lt Colombo »

They say you need to write Embraer first officer, my point is why should you write Embraer since you only operate Embraers, if you apply at Sunwing would you write B737 FO position ??

Our industry is about precision and perception, the required standards should be observed at all levels.

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

You really need to find something else to complain about, Jesus....

Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Lurch »

Since you are so concerned about accuracy

AD

nouninformal
noun: ad; plural noun: ads
an advertisement.

ADD

verb
verb: add; 3rd person present: adds; past tense: added; past participle: added; gerund or present participle: adding

join (something) to something else so as to increase the size, number, or amount.

antonyms: remove
increase in amount, number, or degree.

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

Lt Colombo wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:30 am They say you need to write Embraer first officer, my point is why should you write Embraer since you only operate Embraers, if you apply at Sunwing would you write B737 FO position ??

Our industry is about precision and perception, the required standards should be observed at all levels.
Actual quote from Sunwing job ad:

"Sunwing Airlines is forecasting an increased flying program for Winter 2018 / 2019, and is seeking pilots for our Boeing 737-800 and 737 MAX 8 fleet."

This could be the dumbest thread here in a while.

PROC_HDG

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

It's not easy to keep all these Air Canada feeders and their fleets sorted in your head. I didn't know they only operate Embraers.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Victory wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:19 pm It's not easy to keep all these Air Canada feeders and their fleets sorted in your head. I didn't know they only operate Embraers.
it's actually very easy

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Victory wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:19 pm It's not easy to keep all these Air Canada feeders and their fleets sorted in your head. I didn't know they only operate Embraers.
Are you joking or....?

SR - EMB175
GGN - CRJ200 and B1900
JAZZ - Q400, Dash-8, CRJ200/900

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

So did Sky Regional get rid of their Q400's? I thought I flew on one once.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

And they're all garbage airplanes that everyone hates flying.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Mapleflt wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:09 am Quote from above post,

"And they're all garbage airplanes that everyone hates flying."

What did that add to the conversation. It must cause you deep personal anguish to operate an fin that has SR in it's civil registration !!!!!!
Just stating a fact.

Ask any Q pilot at Jazz. Every one will tell you they are junk. From the galley to the small bins, the horrible old seats, unlinked FMSs, messed up ACARS, no LPVs, busted ass pilots seats... Like really busted, circuit breakers all out of order from the rest of the fleet making it hard to do resets and more! I'm sure I'm missing lots.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

What did that add to the conversation. It must cause you deep personal anguish to operate an fin that has SR in it's civil registration !!!!!!
Those things are the most beat up pieces of junk in our entire fleet. They make classics look new.

What has civil reg got to do with it? And since when does civil reg even come into play at an airline operation?

All of us hate them with a passion. Snags on every leg, FAs hate them, passengers hate them, maintenance especially hates them. Sky abused the snot out of those airframes in the time they had them, and didn’t fix anything before handing them over to Jazz. I hope their maintenance on the embraers is better.

Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:53 am

Those things are the most beat up pieces of junk in our entire fleet. They make classics look new.

What has civil reg got to do with it? And since when does civil reg even come into play at an airline operation?

All of us hate them with a passion. Snags on every leg, FAs hate them, passengers hate them, maintenance especially hates them. Sky abused the snot out of those airframes in the time they had them, and didn’t fix anything before handing them over to Jazz. I hope their maintenance on the embraers is better.
Absolutely guys, and why do you think consumer satisfaction never went more than 72% at Jazz (from memory).

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

You clearly haven't got a clue about what you're talking about.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

Lightchop wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Just stating a fact.

Ask any Q pilot at Jazz. Every one will tell you they are junk. From the galley to the small bins, the horrible old seats, unlinked FMSs, messed up ACARS, no LPVs, busted ass pilots seats... Like really busted, circuit breakers all out of order from the rest of the fleet making it hard to do resets and more! I'm sure I'm missing lots.
Those planes were flying for a US regional for 4 years before hitting Sky. They are 4 years older than any other Q in the Jazz fleet. I don't think the galley, the small bins, the old seats, the unlinked FMSs, the ACARS, the no WAAS or the circuit breakers have anything to do with Sky Regional. That is the spec that the airplanes came with, long before it was cool to hate on sky regional for being a "sketchy" operation.

PROC_HDG

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”