Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Takeoff OK
Rank 4
Rank 4

never mind

Post by Takeoff OK »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Takeoff OK on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Attn: Dan Adamus

Post by Alcoholism »

sigh. Why are you even posting about a topic you know $hit about? You don't get high from walking through a cloud of MJ smoke. You'd almost need to inhale for quite sometime for it to even register in your blood to be impaired. So I ask you, what have you done for the union and profession? I thought so.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Boo woo woo ... ALPA doesn't want me to microdose LSD and DMT between turns this is a clear violation of the chaaaaaarter of rights.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Takeoff OK
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Takeoff OK »

ugh

Last edited by Takeoff OK on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Wow. Maybe if you actually didn't seem so impaired when you post, people might take you seriously? As it looks (by your
rather childish rant) you're already well on your way!

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: never mind

Post by genetic jack hammer »

Good thing a lot of us took screen shots of this childish rant. That was a keeper. Like him or not, the cheap shots and blatant disrespect directed at Capt. Adamus was totally uncalled for.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

genetic jack hammer wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:28 pm Good thing a lot of us took screen shots of this childish rant. That was a keeper. Like him or not, the cheap shots and blatant disrespect directed at Capt. Adamus was totally uncalled for.
In his defense, I do find it a bit funny that pilots -and mainly captains- seem to find it important that the Captain title is added in their signatures or mailing address. It's quite a meaningless title, without the information of which plane you are a captain on....

Or people with business cards that add their ratings and licenses :rolleyes:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

On the one hand, that's real dumb. The only "business cards" I have in the truck are for referrals to HR (as we get a bonus for qualified drivers who are hired) should be the same for Pilots.

On the other hand when I worked in the office as "Fleet Manager Central Fleet" and was actually entitled to business cards I had no use for you better believe I demanded my business cards :lol: it is still to this day the only time they were ever offered to me.

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

digits_ wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 pm
genetic jack hammer wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:28 pm Good thing a lot of us took screen shots of this childish rant. That was a keeper. Like him or not, the cheap shots and blatant disrespect directed at Capt. Adamus was totally uncalled for.
In his defense, I do find it a bit funny that pilots -and mainly captains- seem to find it important that the Captain title is added in their signatures or mailing address. It's quite a meaningless title, without the information of which plane you are a captain on....

Kinda like Doctors who are referred to as Dr. #####, outside of their work.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Hang in there, one day you'll get that upgrade!

Until then, just use a salutation more suited to Canada, like "comrade"! :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

genetic jack hammer wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Kinda like Doctors who are referred to as Dr. #####, outside of their work.
Like this Misses😄
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.dailyma ... octor.html

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

I wear 4 bars. I prefer Colonel.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Double post

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

Can someone post this rant, I am on the toilet and I need something to read.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

complexintentions wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:19 am

Until then, just use a salutation more suited to Canada, like "comrade"! :mrgreen:
No no, that's not the case at all. I've been called captain in emails and documents as well, ALPA seems to love it. I find it a bit meaningless and tacky. I could technically use another title as well, which I don't.

The Dr. thing outside their work practice is a bit weird as well, but at least there every Dr. has spent a significant amount of time and study acquiring the title. You can be a Cpt in 4 months if you really want to. Hardly a big accoplishment deserving of a title. If you give pilots a title, why not dispatchers or flight attendants? Or accountants and farmers? The whole thing is a bit funny, it really makes me chuckle when I see a pilot use their Captain title on paperwork or emails. Let's just say it does not increase my respect for the people who use it like that ;-)

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

digits_ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:40 am
complexintentions wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:19 am

No no, that's not the case at all. I've been called captain in emails and documents as well, ALPA seems to love it. I find it a bit meaningless and tacky. I could technically use another title as well, which I don't.

The Dr. thing outside their work practice is a bit weird as well, but at least there every Dr. has spent a significant amount of time and study acquiring the title. You can be a Cpt in 4 months if you really want to. Hardly a big accoplishment deserving of a title. If you give pilots a title, why not dispatchers or flight attendants? Or accountants and farmers? The whole thing is a bit funny, it really makes me chuckle when I see a pilot use their Captain title on paperwork or emails. Let's just say it does not increase my respect for the people who use it like that ;-)
I feel the same way. Every time a coworker sends an email as Captain ____ I laugh to myself. We all know what your position is, half of us have the same one.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”