A message to all GGN Pilots from a Jazz Pilot

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: A message to all GGN Pilots from a Jazz Pilot

Post by Chaxterium »

lownslow wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:06 am To clarify I didn’t say none were going to, I said to the best of my knowledge that door hadn’t officially opened yet.
The door officially CLOSED last night at midnight. The intention to transition to Jazz had to be announced by midnight on the 15th.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Looks like the GGN memo might have had its intended effect. Putting out enough false, confusing info to make sure many pilots never got the chance to leave.

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

C-GGGQ wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:07 am Looks like the GGN memo might have had its intended effect. Putting out enough false, confusing info to make sure many pilots never got the chance to leave.
Ummm...no. Most GGN pilots put their names on the list.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Chaxterium wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 am The door officially CLOSED last night at midnight.
Clearly I misunderstood then. It wasn’t the main topic of conversation anyways, just kind of came up as a peripheral to some other stuff. Like I said, it has no effect on me so I don’t much care either way.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Looks like 203 GGN pilots signed up for Jazz.

PRM1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PRM1 »

GGN is up to no good again!

Jazz released the list of pilots (by seniority) that they could accept in the next ground school and GGN said no! Essentially they only want to deem the “problem pilots” as surplus while holding the pilots who rightfully should have gone to Jazz at the beginning of October hostage.

When is enough enough? GGN management is about as deranged as it gets.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

PRM1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:51 am GGN is up to no good again!

Jazz released the list of pilots (by seniority) that they could accept in the next ground school and GGN said no! Essentially they only want to deem the “problem pilots” as surplus while holding the pilots who rightfully should have gone to Jazz at the beginning of October hostage.

When is enough enough? GGN management is about as deranged as it gets.
Wow, they are really clinging on for dear life. I still see ads all over the place for them, they just wont accept it. I really hope the GGN guys are rid of it soon

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

If you have a reserved seniority # at Jazz and you want to come over, all you really have to do is write up a resignation letter and give them notice that you are resigning. They can’t legally force you to stay. Talk to your union rep or get them to put you in contact with a Jazz ALPA rep.

Let’s Go Brandon
PRM1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PRM1 »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:47 pm If you have a reserved seniority # at Jazz and you want to come over, all you really have to do is write up a resignation letter and give them notice that you are resigning. They can’t legally force you to stay. Talk to your union rep or get them to put you in contact with a Jazz ALPA rep.
Ha! Well that would be the normal thing to do, however GGN management has gone ahead and deemed all GGN MEC representatives as “surplus” effectively firing them all and neutering The GGN MEC’s ability to represent the pilots and negotiate their interests in a new contract.

Do the laws of this country not apply to EE and his cronies? :shock:

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

It really is a simple choice for GGN pilots....either you stay or you move on to Jazz.

Jazz (ALPA that is) has to decide on a cut off date, as it would be really unfair for any new Jazz hires (coming off the street) to be over taken by GGN pilots that end up dragging their feet beyond the agreed cross over deadline.

TSAM
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TSAM »

Last edited by TSAM on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

ikarus wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 am Jazz (ALPA that is) has to decide on a cut off date, as it would be really unfair for any new Jazz hires (coming off the street) to be over taken by GGN pilots that end up dragging their feet beyond the agreed cross over deadline.
Aren't Jazz pilots from PML 1.0 are overtaking off the street pilots at Air Canada to this day (or up until very recently)?

Jettime3
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jettime3 »

ikarus wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 am It really is a simple choice for GGN pilots....either you stay or you move on to Jazz.

Jazz (ALPA that is) has to decide on a cut off date, as it would be really unfair for any new Jazz hires (coming off the street) to be over taken by GGN pilots that end up dragging their feet beyond the agreed cross over deadline.
GGN has the ability to select employees who have a high tolerance for abuse of Labour Laws-and- Human Rights . Kids with hopes and dreams and pilots with no other choice are their preference.

GGN played dirty with ALPA , using every trick in the bag. It’s NOT Jazz or AC that GGN employees are being lured by now . It’s WJ. Only the strong survive and the strong would type up a resignation and walk into Jazz tomorrow.

I hope WJ has increased their hull insurance.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Victory wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:04 am
ikarus wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 am Jazz (ALPA that is) has to decide on a cut off date, as it would be really unfair for any new Jazz hires (coming off the street) to be over taken by GGN pilots that end up dragging their feet beyond the agreed cross over deadline.
Aren't Jazz pilots from PML 1.0 are overtaking off the street pilots at Air Canada to this day (or up until very recently)?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'overtaking'? Pilots who join AC are given a seniority number based on their AC date of hire. PML 1 pilots maintained their seniority with respect to other Jazz pilots joining on the PML, but they were BOTL compared to everyone who had already joined AC. GGN pilots moving to Jazz are keeping their GGN date.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”