Looking for assistance finding accom for layover in HKG

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

swordfish
Rank 7
Rank 7

Looking for assistance finding accom for layover in HKG

Post by swordfish »

I am going to have a 16-hr layover in Kong Kong next week, and I am wondering if anyone can assist me by directing me to some inexpensive accommodation? Only things I can find are quite expensive...for a retired CP.... :lol:
---------- ADS -----------

wirez
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Looking for assistance finding accom for layover in HKG

Post by wirez »

What do you consider cheap and what kind of standard are you looking for? I live in this city and cheap will mean a sacrifice in quality and/convenience or both.

You could try the ibis in Sheung Wan or North Point for hotel accommodations. If you don’t mind remote islands you can check out Cheung Chau or Lamma but be aware of the ferry times. Plenty of rooms for rent in TST in Chungking Mansions which is where begpackers seem to stay.

Again, difficult to suggest anything specific without knowing how much you’re willing to “rough it out”. I think ibis might be your best bet. If you have a friend at Cathay they can book you a night at the headland for $850hkd /night or so.

swordfish
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Looking for assistance finding accom for layover in HKG

Post by swordfish »

That is terrific information. Many thanks. I will read and digest later. "Inexpensive" to me is 110 CAD per night (I'll check the HKD conversion later)

I had a mate in CX bu he has retired and flies Martin Mars fire bombers now. I'll check around as lots of my younger crew vanished overseas, but I didn't follow which airline.

Thanks again. Gotta jet right now

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”