Gender X weight

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Gender X weight

Post by co-joe »

So there's actually a new gender for weight and balance purposes. See appendix A
No suggestion of what a gender x'er is though under 2.3 definitions, just that they automatically weigh 206 Lbs.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviati ... 0-022.html

What a time to be alive...
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Gender X weight

Post by Inverted2 »

That’s intolerant. The gender benders will demand that they are counted as 172lbs. :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

what made me laugh a bit was that they have assume gender X is basically equal to a male if you look at the weights, hows that for assuming :lol:

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

If your having a weight issue just ask everyone to self identify as female. You can then usually get all the passengers and bags on.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

co-joe wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am No suggestion of what a gender x'er is though under 2.3 definitions, just that they automatically weigh 206 Lbs.
Gender X would be a person who has an X on their government issued ID. Most people have an M or an F, but X is also an option.

Using the same weight as as a male allows operators to use the same computer system without expensive updates. Since most people are fat anyway, it errs on the side of safety.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I feel that "Gender X" is identity appropriation. It's far too similar to "Generation X", "Gen X", etc, and unfairly associates/confuses with my age identity.

There are 23 other letters to choose from, plus infinite numbers, or just plain old something else. Gen X came first. Those incels better pick something else or I'll see them at a CHRT hearing.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

altiplano wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 pm I feel that "Gender X" is identity appropriation. It's far too similar to "Generation X", "Gen X", etc, and unfairly associates/confuses with my age identity.

There are 23 other letters to choose from, plus infinite numbers, or just plain old something else. Gen X came first. Those incels better pick something else or I'll see them at a CHRT hearing.
That's what I thought when I first read it. I had no idea you could get that on your license.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

altiplano wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 pm I feel that "Gender X" is identity appropriation. It's far too similar to "Generation X", "Gen X", etc, and unfairly associates/confuses with my age identity.

I doubt very much that many incels identify as gender x

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Whatever.

Read satire.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

mmm..bacon wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 am https://youtu.be/eiIXNNfpgLY
Such a classic...

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”