Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Grab a seat. The music is stopping

Post by vermont »

I WAS Birddog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:37 pm
vermont wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm
I WAS Birddog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:47 pm

There you are. :D

You're right on schedule with your recreational outrage. :lol: good on ya son...keep reaching for 'dem stars angel face :goodman:
Outrage? I'd have to care about your opinion to be outraged, so you clearly aren't great at reading comprehension. I'm just pointing out you either have an axe to grind or a screw loose if shitting on millions of people out of nowhere is something you do at random. Not that it matters but I'm married and in my 40's so this is coming from someone whose seen a few things
(I'm so h@rd right now I can cut glass). Please tell me about your trials and tribulations. Please tell us about the times you had to to commute from Oakville to Mississauga and how you were really thirsty after your long journey. Coming back so late that Wholefoods closed their doors and you couldn't get your grass fed free range coconut water. These are tough times for all of us. We are ere to support each other. Go ahead brother/sister. Tell us your plight.
I'm Ukrainian and came to Canada around 2014, if that gives you a bit of an idea.
---------- ADS -----------

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

vermont wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:38 pm
daedalusx wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:34 pm
vermont wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Your meme game is pretty weak
Ok looser. Still want to buy that RJ TR at 50K for that 37 000$/yr Jazz job or have you reconsidered?
LMAO does me skipping years of WAWCON hit a nerve for you? And who besides you states pay after tax?
That’s before taxes ignoramus. That’s the number that will be on your T4 + 3% for the next half dozen years.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

daedalusx wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:47 pm
daedalusx wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:34 pm
Ok looser. Still want to buy that RJ TR at 50K for that 37 000$/yr Jazz job or have you reconsidered?
LMAO does me skipping years of WAWCON hit a nerve for you? And who besides you states pay after tax?
That’s before taxes ignoramus. That’s the number that will be on your T4 + 3% for the next half dozen years.
You're not including OT or perdiems. You have to do all the math and not just look at 2 numbers. Going to 703 land would mean I'm selling my home asking my wife to come and quit her job. I'm not sure why this makes you so mad?

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by I WAS Birddog »

Ladies & gents...to Quote my (our) beloved Avcanada friend and site moderator that perished almost a decade ago in Antarctica;

"...there is nothing wrong with light rib jabbing in questionable times"- Just Curious

Please find his past posts. A gentle giant that the old school members miss dearly.

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

vermont wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:58 pm

You're not including OT or perdiems. You have to do all the math and not just look at 2 numbers. Going to 703 land would mean I'm selling my home asking my wife to come and quit her job. I'm not sure why this makes you so mad?
Do what you want, I couldn’t care less really, in fact, I wish you the best of luck. If you think this is a wise investment of your savings today - well a fool and his money is soon parted, If you have some money left after this, I have some Iraqi dinars for you, make you a millionaire in a month.
Just don’t complain to your capt when you get to spend the next half decade on reserve at that salary with little or no per diem, blocked at 65 hours and no movement left seat and a family to feed in YYZ.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

daedalusx wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:07 pm
vermont wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:58 pm

Do what you want, I couldn’t care less really, in fact, I wish you the best of luck. If you think this is a wise investment of your savings today - well a fool and his money is soon parted, If you have some money left after this, I have some Iraqi dinars for you, make you a millionaire in a month.
Just don’t complain to your capt when you get to spend the next half decade on reserve at that salary with little or no per diem, blocked at 65 hours and no movement left seat and a family to feed in YYZ.
Why are there so many miserable people here? Your jealousy is so thick I can cut it with a knife right now. I'll give you the floor. What do you suggest to someone in a major city do assuming they already have a place to live and a spouse?

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

I WAS Birddog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:59 pm Ladies & gents...to Quote my (our) beloved Avcanada friend and site moderator that perished almost a decade ago in Antarctica;

"...there is nothing wrong with light rib jabbing in questionable times"- Just Curious

Please find his past posts. A gentle giant that the old school members miss dearly.
You're a pretty strange fella aren't you?

dumbbell daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dumbbell daddy »

I WAS Birddog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:59 pm Ladies & gents...to Quote my (our) beloved Avcanada friend and site moderator that perished almost a decade ago in Antarctica;

Dam I miss Bob! I knew him well.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I’m an old school member (roughly 13 years) and a Millenial (unfortunately) still remember Just Curious et al

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”