The Call Back

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: The Call Back

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Arnie Pye wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:34 pm PS. They also need a full bail out for everyone. Sky Regional, WestJet, Jazz, Porter. President has been set. We are all in this together.
Heck, might as well throw Georgian in there as well.
---------- ADS -----------

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

I dont think people get it: The CEWS, WILL be extended further than June 6. Bill Morneau is currently speaking and already saying that now it's up to 12 weeks funds for companies available in 2-5 weeks.

it's not about looking good as an employer or a political move to be a hero, airline companies were not forced to utilize this program yet they decided to do it by choice. stop being so negative.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

timeflies wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:44 am I dont think people get it: The CEWS, WILL be extended further than June 6. Bill Morneau is currently speaking and already saying that now it's up to 12 weeks funds for companies available in 2-5 weeks.

it's not about looking good as an employer or a political move to be a hero, airline companies were not forced to utilize this program yet they decided to do it by choice. stop being so negative.
Think so? Youd think the government can only support everyone for so long.. I assume it was a bandaid fix for now

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

flyingcanuck wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:42 am
timeflies wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:44 am I dont think people get it: The CEWS, WILL be extended further than June 6. Bill Morneau is currently speaking and already saying that now it's up to 12 weeks funds for companies available in 2-5 weeks.

Think so? Youd think the government can only support everyone for so long.. I assume it was a bandaid fix for now
For sure it is a band aid fix. What do you do if you are bleeding ? Put a band aid until you stop bleeding and then you take the band aid off after to let your body recover.

All I’m saying is I don’t believe that is a political move to be a super hero, in fact, one should be happy for his fellow pilot to get more than basic EI of 573$ a week then saying these stupid statements and no, not for less then 2 months but for at least 3 months now. It’s official.

Seems more like an Anti Trudeau type of comment than anything else.

Good luck to everyone in these hard times.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”