Layoff Numbers

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Layoff Numbers

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:28 pm I don’t know, right now you can’t even go eat in a restaurant in Ontario. You’ll get fined for sitting on a park bench. You can’t even get a haircut but you can take your dog to get one. :lol: It’s all about how much muh government will allow. People aren’t going to travel much till we get most of our freedoms back. I don’t think wearing a stinky mask on a 4 hour flight is going to be very popular for long.
you would be surprised on how many scared ppl their are. Mind numbing...
---------- ADS -----------

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:35 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:28 pm I don’t know, right now you can’t even go eat in a restaurant in Ontario. You’ll get fined for sitting on a park bench. You can’t even get a haircut but you can take your dog to get one. :lol: It’s all about how much muh government will allow. People aren’t going to travel much till we get most of our freedoms back. I don’t think wearing a stinky mask on a 4 hour flight is going to be very popular for long.
Exactly, what's the point of travelling if there's nothing to do once you're at destination? And going to a restaurant where waitresses wear masks and gloves?!

Could be interesting if you travel with your family, rent a house with a nice view/pool and just stay there.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Add ExpressJet to the list
Houston, Texas—First Officer Joe Mauro, chairman of the ExpressJet Airlines Master Executive Council (XJT MEC) of the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), issued the following statement in response to United Airlines’ awarding all 50-seat Embraer 145 flying moving forward to CommutAir:

“I am very disappointed that United Airlines announced today that ExpressJet Airlines was not chosen as the sole E145 operator in the United Express system. United Airlines purchased 49 percent of ExpressJet Airlines when Mana Air LLC bought the airline from SkyWest Airlines in early 2019. Just a few short months ago, ExpressJet was positioned to be the foundation for United’s regional consolidation, so today’s decision is extremely disappointing.

“The ExpressJet MEC conducted an arduous, intense, and unprecedented process of crafting an economic proposal during a short, demanding timeline to provide the necessary measures to reduce ExpressJet Airline’s block hour costs.

“The ExpressJet pilots have shown time and time again that we can adapt to changing circumstances, and this pandemic tested our resolve to take drastic steps to ensure our future. Regrettably, our efforts were not enough. Unfortunately, when cost is the only focus, the years of dedication by this pilot group for our mainline partner are overlooked and discredited, and the human element is ignored.

“The XJT MEC and ALPA stand ready to provide support to ExpressJet pilots as they process this devastating news and make decisions about the next chapter of their careers—either in or out of aviation.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:35 pm
It’s only natural human reaction to widespread sickness, I don’t hold it against them. Personally I’d like to try and avoid getting covid because I don’t want to roll the dice with my health. There’s a chance, albeit very small, to suffer some permanent health effects from covid. Also if I’m asymptomatic I wouldn’t want to pass it on to my parents or grandparents. Call me whatever you want but covid is a bit spooky at the very least. It’s not the flu!

People can keep touting “we all need to toughen up and accept it and stop hiding from it” all they want but you can’t stop human nature, as flawed as it may be.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”