Lufthansa May file for bankruptcy

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Lufthansa May file for bankruptcy

Post by digits_ »

How does wearing sweatpants affect the price of a ticket? Trying to be comfortable on a 10 hour flight is being entitled now?
---------- ADS -----------

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

You are forgetting that right or wrong, the flying public pays the freight. I am not particularly happy about being out $4850 for two tickets to Europe that got cancelled for this outbreak; and though i was told by phone Lufthansa would refund, they have not contacted me at all. It is your attitude towards the paying public that makes us dislike airlines. Bait and switch, nickel and diming: $50 for this, $50 for that, tax, fuel surcharges, and all the other crap you add on, plus the inadequate air conditioning in summer (how much does it cost to cool the fricken plane to a human level?) makes for a frustrating experience for the guy with the wallet. How much? TOTAL. Thanks. I will, or will not pay that. Why is that so hard?

Customers can sense your disdain for us. We choose our airlines accordingly.
Ok we wont nickel and dime you...and we will give you everything you want for nothing, but we will charge the ticket accordingly too. Then we'll sit back - listen to you bitch about how much it cost....and tell you it's what you wanted.

The average public comes no where close to paying their own way! There's just no pleasing anyone. If you don't like that - then take the boat.

PS - buy cancellation insurance next time if you want your money back otherwise - take the credit!

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

ayseven wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 pm You are forgetting that right or wrong, the flying public pays the freight. I am not particularly happy about being out $4850 for two tickets to Europe that got cancelled for this outbreak; and though i was told by phone Lufthansa would refund, they have not contacted me at all. It is your attitude towards the paying public that makes us dislike airlines. Bait and switch, nickel and diming: $50 for this, $50 for that, tax, fuel surcharges, and all the other crap you add on, plus the inadequate air conditioning in summer (how much does it cost to cool the fricken plane to a human level?) makes for a frustrating experience for the guy with the wallet. How much? TOTAL. Thanks. I will, or will not pay that. Why is that so hard?

Take a boat across or shut the f!#k up

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

boeingboy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:05 pm
You are forgetting that right or wrong, the flying public pays the freight. I am not particularly happy about being out $4850 for two tickets to Europe that got cancelled for this outbreak; and though i was told by phone Lufthansa would refund, they have not contacted me at all. It is your attitude towards the paying public that makes us dislike airlines. Bait and switch, nickel and diming: $50 for this, $50 for that, tax, fuel surcharges, and all the other crap you add on, plus the inadequate air conditioning in summer (how much does it cost to cool the fricken plane to a human level?) makes for a frustrating experience for the guy with the wallet. How much? TOTAL. Thanks. I will, or will not pay that. Why is that so hard?

Ok we wont nickel and dime you...and we will give you everything you want for nothing, but we will charge the ticket accordingly too. Then we'll sit back - listen to you bitch about how much it cost....and tell you it's what you wanted.

The average public comes no where close to paying their own way! There's just no pleasing anyone. If you don't like that - then take the boat.

PS - buy cancellation insurance next time if you want your money back otherwise - take the credit!
Yup. I remember lots of flights where the captain and fo came to chat with the pax in the back to listen to them "bitch" about how much it cost.

So here you have a customer of your (or other) airline, expressing the problems they have with the pricesetting of the ticket. And how do you reply? Ridicule and sarcasm. Pretty hostile. And you wonder why airlines get a bad name.

I think ayseven nailed it. His concerns are valid.
1) If the airline says they will issue a refund over the phone, they should not back out or give you credit or whatever. No excuses. This hurts the airline more than the customer. Who will book once the COVID mess clears up if they aren't sure they'll get their money back?
2) A clear total price is a basic request in a financial transaction. If I can't refuse it, I don't want to see it added as an extra.
3) Air conditioning: yes! You want to have a quick boarding experience, then make sure people don't have to take off extra layers when they board their airplane, blocking isles and slowing down the whole process.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
BReid
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BReid »

I think LH will be one of the survivors.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”