MFC still flying?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

MFC still flying?

Post by Caterpillar »

Just wondering, since all the flight schools around the country are shut, why is MFC still flying around NB?
---------- ADS -----------

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
nbinont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: MFC still flying?

Post by nbinont »

No idea, but it's reasonable given the situation in New Brunswick. They have handled covid-19 exceedingly well and it's virtually eliminated in the province: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... _Brunswick . No reason to keep things locked down when the virus is contained/nearly eliminated in the province. Travel to other locations where the virus isn't contained is a different story and is probably still restricted.

GoinVertical
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoinVertical »

I heard from someone who heard from someone else that they're just flying with their international students who have been in country since before all this started happening.

Not sure how they're handling the instructors, but given how well things are going in New Brunswick right now I'd say it doesn't seem like it would be a crazy decision to start making some money again.

superbilly24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by superbilly24 »

They only started flying again about a week ago, at reduced capacity, now that NB is slowly easing up restrictions. They are taking it slow, only a handful of instructors have been rehired so far. Everyone wearing masks, disinfecting aircrafts between flights, etc.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”