Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Vacation passangers age and health demographic

Post by GoHomeLeg »

Convid 19

Considering the old age and unhealthy demographic of a lot of sunspot vacation passengers, will the vacation world return to normal.

A lot of passangers heading to Cuba and Florida are old and a lot are just straight up unhealthy with all kinds of issues. Often times I look at some and think to myself, why are you flying.

I wonder if these people are going to fly when things open up considering they are members of the vulnerable population. They are a large part of the Sunwing, Air Transat, Rouge, and WestJet vacation passangers base.

Thoughts?
---------- ADS -----------

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Vacation passangers age and health demographic

Post by BigQ »

Same thoughts here. Boomers will not be the first ones to start flying again. That does not bode well for the vacay flying.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

A lot of passangers heading to Cuba and Florida are old and a lot are just straight up unhealthy with all kinds of issues. Often times I look at some and think to myself, why are you flying.

I wonder if these people are going to fly when things open up considering they are members of the vulnerable population. They are a large part of the Sunwing, Air Transat, Rouge, and WestJet vacation passangers base.
Maybe to Cuba and Florida, but that's not what I have seen to other sun destinations. While there are older folks that do travel - the majority of pax on my flights have been much younger, as well as a lot of young families....at least off the western half of the country.

That said - as soon as they get rid of the 14 day quarantine when you come back, numbers will still be down.....The quarantine is the biggest factor right now.

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Boomers are the first ones to stand up and form a line 2.5 hours prior to departure because the plane might leave without them.
You think they’ll have the discipline to stay home? The golf course in Boca Raton is waiting for em :mrgreen:

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

It will also be tough/costly to get out of country health insurance if you are over 65 and have any sort of health condition.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

GoHomeLeg wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:54 pm Convid 19

Considering the old age and unhealthy demographic of a lot of sunspot vacation passengers, will the vacation world return to normal.

Thoughts?
Funny, if appearances aren’t deceiving I saw on occasion some of very ones you mentioned occupying seats in yer cockpits 😉🤫.

P180
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by P180 »

Just think some day it will be you.Enjoy your life now you're seeing what your future holds.And it will happen to everyone sooner or later.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:13 am It will also be tough/costly to get out of country health insurance if you are over 65 and have any sort of health condition.
My friends parents had to get their butts home quickly in March because the insurance company said they wouldn’t cover any Kung Flu related illness. I think we will see many less if any “snowbirds” going south this winter. We don’t even know if the border will be open.

Let’s Go Brandon
atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

GoHomeLeg wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:54 pm Convid 19

Thoughts?

Last edited by atpilot on Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
flea
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flea »

Is age a race? Relax big guy

short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

Please explain what was racist about that

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

atpilot wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:04 am
This very post is racist. What makes you qualified to make a statement like this? I know that there are probably plenty of "older" people that could kick your ass. If it wasn't for them snot-nosed pricks like you would have nothing. And by the way, learn how to spell.
Combine one part laid off-pilot with 12 parts alcohol, mix until thoroughly stupid, and VOILA: avcanada post de jour!

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Assuming travel insurance will cover them I think they’ll travel. Most people I know young, old and everything in between are itching to travel once it’s relatively safe again. I think it will take a few years to get back to 2019 levels but there will still be enough people looking to get away to keep flying a reduced number of flights, if the airlines can survive that.

If the older generation do stop traveling some airports aren’t going to see much traffic. Last time I flew to PIE we had 27 wheel chairs and the average age must have been about 80. I think the only people on board under 40 were people going to visit their grandparents. 😂

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Since when is age a race? I’m concerned there are people stupid enough to make such statements on this forum might actually be allowed to fly a plane!

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”