Post by FL-280 »

Off we go to cuba with a tech stop in Orlando
---------- ADS -----------

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Nolinor Aviation Starts New Airline

Post by boeingboy »

I hope this isn't a secret partnership with Sunwing to provide lift.
Lift for what? Sunwing has 14 airplanes sitting (practically) idle.

They do have one thing going for them though.....
The paint job is much better than Flair!

mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

Well if pax don't show up as they plan, they can probably get another gig flying Justin's costumes and canoes around like during the last election. They have made their opening announcement that was two years in the planning. Did anyone see a destination named or coupled with a hotel? Maybe they know something that no one else does, like the day Justin will rescind the 14 days quarantine policy. Until that happens not many will book holidays south.

GoinVertical
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoinVertical »

Cavalier44 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm In the nearly ten years I’ve been a part of the aviation industry in this country, I’ve had the pleasure of working with several ex-Nolinor employees including both pilots and flight attendants, some of whom would later become close friends. Interestingly, I’ve never heard someone make a single positive statement about this company. I hope they don’t treat their customers in the same manner they allegedly treat their employees.
Care to share more for the sake of anyone looking to apply here in a year or so when things start moving? (And because I'm nosey...)

Based on their social media platform you'd think they're the safest, most amazing, coolest pilot employer in the country! :rolleyes:

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

GoHomeLeg wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:19 pm
Human Factor wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 pm LOL

Untitled.jpeg
Lol "this is not a MAX". Instead it's an old crusty 737-400
:lol: no doubt

prolly an old clapped out fried chicken hauler

GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoHomeLeg »

boeingboy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:38 pm
I hope this isn't a secret partnership with Sunwing to provide lift.
Lift for what? Sunwing has 14 airplanes sitting (practically) idle.

They do have one thing going for them though.....
The paint job is much better than Flair!
I know. I'm talking about when they start flying again. Sunwing tends to use other airlines when they want to test out new markets or if load factors are low out of certain gateways. Last season they used Swoop.

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

fishface wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm LOL ouch. I was thinking more like on this side of the pond.
Air Canada?

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:07 am
fishface wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm LOL ouch. I was thinking more like on this side of the pond.
Air Canada?
Touché !

Some of their A320s didnt even have GPS until a few years ago. Let's not even talk about ADS-B.
FL-280 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm Off we go to cuba with a tech stop in Orlando
The B734 had issues with Alberta-South runs. Quebec-South runs pose no range issues for the B734. Their website says a range of 2,500nm, but the following maps are with an official Boeing range of 2,060nm with 147 pax, which I trust more.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

The 400 is the wrong plane for this type of “mission”
Ask Flair..
OWG...tough name IMHO, it’s a mouth full

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

Throw some winds in, throw some enroute weather in, throw no close alternate airports in. Now enjoy your stopover somewhere other then your destination. Then throw in new duty regs and enjoy a night on OMG’s dime.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

do they mean flightaware.com ?
fishface wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:43 pm
Unlike many airlines, OWG will track its aircraft in real time using sophisticated satellite-based communication systems.
Umm, what respectable 705 airline DOESNT do that?

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

doiwannabeapilot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:50 pm do they mean flightaware.com ?
They mean ADS-B. There are still a lot of 705 company airframes with no ADS-B in Canada.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

Maybe ADS C? It uses satellite.

ADS B uses mode S transponder and ground stations that doesn’t require radar. Although ADS B does require GPS for position determination.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

In regards to tech stops. If the tickets are cheaper than competitors, low yield passengers don’t really care.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

OWG is code for OMG! :lol:

Keep the dirty side down.
ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

BTD wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 pmADS B uses mode S transponder and ground stations that doesn’t require radar. Although ADS B does require GPS for position determination.
How does it work in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean then?

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

Last edited by BTD on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

I don’t believe it does. That is ADS C works in the middle of the ocean. Although your ADS B could be communicating with other ADS B capable aircraft nearby. ADS B needs satellite navigation (gps) for position, but then uses transponder and ground stations to pass that to ATC.

Automatic dependent surveillance–broadcast (ADS–B) is a surveillance technology in which an aircraft determines its position via satellite navigation and periodically broadcasts it, enabling it to be tracked. The information can be received by air traffic control ground stations as a replacement for secondary surveillance radar, as no interrogation signal is needed from the ground. It can also be received by other aircraft to provide situational awareness and allow self-separation. ADS–B is "automatic" in that it requires no pilot or external input. It is "dependent" in that it depends on data from the aircraft's navigation system.[1]

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

BTD wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:41 am I don’t believe it does. That is ADS C works in the middle of the ocean. Although your ADS B could be communicating with other ADS B capable aircraft nearby. ADS B needs satellite navigation (gps) for position, but then uses transponder and ground stations to pass that to ATC.
Your information is not correct.

https://www.navcanada.ca/en/products-an ... ads-b.aspx
============
Space-based ADS-B

NAV CANADA is part of a joint venture, called Aireon​, with Iridium Communications and air navigation service providers from the UK (NATS), Ireland (IAA), Italy (ENAV) and Denmark (Naviair)

Aireon has expanded air traffic surveillance to the entire planet by installing ADS-B receivers on a constellation of 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites.
============

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Aut ... ct_(ADS-C)
============
Definition

Automatic dependent surveillance — contract (ADS-C): means by which the terms of an ADS-C agreement will be exchanged between the ground system and the aircraft, via a data link, specifying under what conditions ADS-C reports would be initiated, and what data would be contained in the reports. (ICAO)

Description

Although the names are similar, ADS-C and ADS-B are two different applications.

Automatic dependent surveillance - broadcast (ADS-B), like Primary Surveillance Radar (PSR) and Secondary Surveillance Radar (SSR) is an ATS surveillance system which allows ATC to automatically and repeatedly access data from all suitably equipped aircraft and both use and re-broadcast it to suitably equipped other aircraft within range.

Automatic dependent surveillance - contract (ADS-C) uses the same systems on board the aircraft to automatically transmit similar information - aircraft position, altitude, speed, elements of navigational intent and meteorological data - only to one or more specific Air Traffic Services Unit (ATSU) or AOC [1] facilities for surveillance and/or route conformance monitoring.
============

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”