Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Science-Based Alternative to Ease Quarantine Act Restrictions

Post by FL320 »

pelmet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:08 am
Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:35 am https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/07 ... ravel.html
Experts say Canada is hesitant to relax restrictions on European travelers while maintaining strict rules against citizens from the United States, the country's largest trading partner, where coronavirus cases are rising.
Fear of Trump’s reaction ? Even the Bahamas had the guts to open up to a list of countries that does not include the United States.
Whatever the Bahamas did, it didn't work and is now a place that probably should be taken off the AC/AT wish list. I wonder which one is next.....

The Bahamas, which reopened its borders earlier this month, is instituting a two-week lockdown starting today for Grand Bahama after experiencing a surge of Covid-19 infections. This move will take effect at 7 p.m. ET and tentatively run through 5 a.m. ET August 7. During that period, all non-emergency or international flights to and from the island will be prohibited.

In an alert from NBAA, the Miami Air Route Traffic Control Center was quoted as stating: “Aircraft on the ground will be allowed to depart with crewmembers only. This affects all traffic and is not limited to just the United States.” This latest announcement follows an earlier edict, effective last night, banning all scheduled international flights anywhere in the island country from anywhere but Canada, the UK, and the EU. Outside of Grand Bahama, international private and charter flights are still permitted, with certain health requirements.

U.S. citizens planning to depart Grand Bahama are being urged by the U.S. Embassy to do so immediately while they are able to and, according to OpsGroup, the Bahamian government noted that it will also prohibit boats from arriving or departing the island.

Those remaining will face restrictions, including weekday travel limited to essential trips to food stores, pharmacies, and gas stations between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., with sheltering in place ordered at all other times.
It looks so dramatic, a nice scenario for Hollywood..lol
---------- ADS -----------

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:35 am https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/07 ... ravel.html
Experts say Canada is hesitant to relax restrictions on European travelers while maintaining strict rules against citizens from the United States, the country's largest trading partner, where coronavirus cases are rising.
Fear of Trump’s reaction ? Even the Bahamas had the guts to open up to a list of countries that does not include the United States.
Whatever the Bahamas did, it didn't work and is now a place that probably should be taken off the AC/AT wish list. I wonder which one is next.....

The Bahamas, which reopened its borders earlier this month, is instituting a two-week lockdown starting today for Grand Bahama after experiencing a surge of Covid-19 infections. This move will take effect at 7 p.m. ET and tentatively run through 5 a.m. ET August 7. During that period, all non-emergency or international flights to and from the island will be prohibited.

In an alert from NBAA, the Miami Air Route Traffic Control Center was quoted as stating: “Aircraft on the ground will be allowed to depart with crewmembers only. This affects all traffic and is not limited to just the United States.” This latest announcement follows an earlier edict, effective last night, banning all scheduled international flights anywhere in the island country from anywhere but Canada, the UK, and the EU. Outside of Grand Bahama, international private and charter flights are still permitted, with certain health requirements.

U.S. citizens planning to depart Grand Bahama are being urged by the U.S. Embassy to do so immediately while they are able to and, according to OpsGroup, the Bahamian government noted that it will also prohibit boats from arriving or departing the island.

Those remaining will face restrictions, including weekday travel limited to essential trips to food stores, pharmacies, and gas stations between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., with sheltering in place ordered at all other times.
Reading your doom and gloom posts day after day, you give the impression of someone who is holed up in a nuclear bunker, waiting for the COVID radiation to come back down to survivable levels.

The Bahamas had a grand total of 14 Covid related deaths. I dont have their ages, but I am pretty certain their average age was 84, like in Canada...

Your previous post you mentioned Australia. They had about 300 Covid deaths. During the same period, they had about 600 car accident deaths,......

About 8500 people died of “Covid” In Canada. In a normal year, about 270 to 280,000 people die in Canada, all causes combined. You may be surprised to learn, when the statistics come out next year that 2020 was no different. It will be just like other bad flu years. More people died early in the year, but the stats for later in the year will be lower and it will all average out.......

The fate of humanity is not at stake here. What we are facing now is not worth getting into so much debt that several generations will be paying for it long after we are all dead of old age......

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

Good post Gilles. The climate is much more of a danger then covid 19. I don't know what has propelled us into hiding like never before. Social media? No ever disease was ever tracked in real time. Can you imagine if we did that with the flu. DAILY TRACKING. we would be in quarantine for the rest of our lives.

Meanwhile JT is hiding in Rideau cottage. I did agree with the initial measures and possibly even agree on keeping the USA border shut for a couple of months but the rest of the 14 day quarantine should drop. Travel elsewhere should be allowed with specific conditions. Medical certificate. Testing on arrival. Just like the title says. SCIENCE BASED not FEAR BASED.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

May I just respond to the comment from Gilles, regarding debt incurred during this time. Debt can be erased just as easily as it was incurred.

Example: When the West decided to give Africa a break, writing off a big portion of their debt, during Paul Martin's and Bono's time, NOTHING changed in the world economies, except that the Africans were now in a better economic position. My point is that government debt is not ALWAYS a bad thing, and in fact, some is good for us: it keeps money moving in the economy. As a business, this is what I want. What we have incurred to date is LIKELY, not to prove a bad thing, and the lack of government spending would certainly be worse, otherwise the entire world would not be on board with it.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:37 pm

Reading your doom and gloom posts day after day, you give the impression of someone who is holed up in a nuclear bunker, waiting for the COVID radiation to come back down to survivable levels.

The Bahamas had a grand total of 14 Covid related deaths. I dont have their ages, but I am pretty certain their average age was 84, like in Canada...

Your previous post you mentioned Australia. They had about 300 Covid deaths. During the same period, they had about 600 car accident deaths,......

About 8500 people died of “Covid” In Canada. In a normal year, about 270 to 280,000 people die in Canada, all causes combined. You may be surprised to learn, when the statistics come out next year that 2020 was no different. It will be just like other bad flu years. More people died early in the year, but the stats for later in the year will be lower and it will all average out.......

The fate of humanity is not at stake here. What we are facing now is not worth getting into so much debt that several generations will be paying for it long after we are all dead of old age......
Hey,

I agree that the lockdowns should have been avoided along with the economic destruction. You can see my ideas in earlier posts if you search. Appropriate quarantines and herd immunity for the rest.

But we have people in power that shut down the rest of the economy if we get significant flare ups.

So......airlines come second to the rest of the economy as a whole.

According to the news just a few minutes ago.....over 1000 cases per day for the last three days in Germany. I guess they are off the list as well.

AT and AC need to become mostly domestic operators.......somehow.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

The Russians are going to announce their new vaccine next week . They are claiming another Sputnik moment .
The Chinese have vaccinated some of their military .
The big question will be ; Which vaccine might you trust ? Or would you wait until the very confused flip flopper fauci approves the nanotechnology implant version ?

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Poutine all the way. After the vaccine you may turn water into vodka with a stare only!

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Looks like Greece can be removed from the list as well. Maybe stick to Greek restaurants in Canada. Hardly any cases in Windsor yet still in stage 2. I’m sure the restaurant owners there don’t want airlines profiting on Covid tourists.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thesun. ... -high/amp/

Faroe Islands can stay on the list though.

Meanwhile in Germany.......

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com ... e-53622797

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

pelmet wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:45 am Looks like Greece can be removed from the list as well. Maybe stick to Greek restaurants in Canada. Hardly any cases in Windsor yet still in stage 2. I’m sure the restaurant owners there don’t want airlines profiting on Covid tourists.

Grece has one third of Canada's population.

Grece had a grand total of 212 Covid deaths. They have an average of 1 death per day this week......

Canada had 9000 deaths and averages 7 deaths per day these days

Germany has two and half times Canada's population

They had 9000 deaths and average 3 deaths per day this week.

Take a deep breath and try Camomille tea

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Or maybe he should just lock himself in a bunker and cut off his internet connection. That would be best for society I think.
I understand this virus could be potentially dangerous for a very small minority of people but the solution is not lockdown the world.
God forbid a real pandemic hits, we will be so tired of this one we won’t take a real one seriously and many more people will die.

There is a YouTube channel about criminal physiology that although about a different topic, hit the nail on the head on why the media is sensationalizing a lot of stories. Creating fear where there shouldn’t be. I will post the link below, the first couple minutes is the important part.

https://youtu.be/eJt_afGN3IQ

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

"God forbid a real pandemic hits,"

I've wondered......what if this was a pandemic where 30% of the population died !
I can't even begin to think how the world would react.

or.......what if we did not have 24 hour news availability and the internet.
And you could only get a grasp of what was happening by what you saw in your community or friends/family/coworkers.

RRJetPilot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 am Or maybe he should just lock himself in a bunker and cut off his internet connection. That would be best for society I think.
I understand this virus could be potentially dangerous for a very small minority of people but the solution is not lockdown the world.
God forbid a real pandemic hits, we will be so tired of this one we won’t take a real one seriously and many more people will die.

There is a YouTube channel about criminal physiology that although about a different topic, hit the nail on the head on why the media is sensationalizing a lot of stories. Creating fear where there shouldn’t be. I will post the link below, the first couple minutes is the important part.

https://youtu.be/eJt_afGN3IQ

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:10 am
pelmet wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:45 am Looks like Greece can be removed from the list as well. Maybe stick to Greek restaurants in Canada. Hardly any cases in Windsor yet still in stage 2. I’m sure the restaurant owners there don’t want airlines profiting on Covid tourists.

Grece has one third of Canada's population.

Grece had a grand total of 212 Covid deaths. They have an average of 1 death per day this week......

Canada had 9000 deaths and averages 7 deaths per day these days

Germany has two and half times Canada's population

They had 9000 deaths and average 3 deaths per day this week.

Take a deep breath and try Camomille tea
It is the other Canadians who are the bunker hiders(a term used by the previous poster). I think the policy should just be to quarantine the vulnerable and get on with life. But that is not what our leaders do and the majority of folks support their action of shutdowns.

I’m not interested in ending up like Australia, (a new lockdown means you have to stay very close to home in one city), so keep the borders shut as long as our politicians have their current beliefs. If our airlines go bankrupt, new ones will pop up.

And eventually we will be back to the way it was with new carriers and boom times again. Perhaps in 5 years.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

New Zealand starts locking down again......

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ne ... d=msedgdhp

Is this the model we will follow. If so, we don't need cases coming in from Europe resulting the whole country(or even a whole province) facing increased restrictions due to a few cases, after having gotten down to few or no cases.

This scenario could easily happen with heath 'experts' in power completely unconcerned with the overall economy/thousands of individual businesses and just obsessing over no Covid. Keep the quarantine for Europe, at least until we have a clear picture on what results in more restrictions.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

NZ, I was dreaming about going there and have a normal life :(

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

pelmet wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:10 am New Zealand starts locking down again......

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ne ... d=msedgdhp

Is this the model we will follow. If so, we don't need cases coming in from Europe resulting the whole country(or even a whole province) facing increased restrictions due to a few cases, after having gotten down to few or no cases.

This scenario could easily happen with heath 'experts' in power completely unconcerned with the overall economy/thousands of individual businesses and just obsessing over no Covid. Keep the quarantine for Europe, at least until we have a clear picture on what results in more restrictions.
Absolute retardation. The initial goal was to "flatten the curve". Now ppl go full lockdown for a cases...

Fuking tired of this shit.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:43 am
Absolute retardation. The initial goal was to "flatten the curve". Now ppl go full lockdown for a cases...

So there goes your plan to move to NZ and raise some sheeple I suppose?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

garfield wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 am NZ, I was dreaming about going there and have a normal life :(
No normal life there comrade. Dictatorship. The sheeple will have less freedoms then their sheep. :roll:

Let’s Go Brandon
fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Perfect way to control us since the start of this nonsense. They say jump, we ask how high.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

How bad is COVID really? (A Swedish doctor’s perspective)

https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2020/08/0 ... ssion=true

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Aviatard wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:15 pm
CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:43 am

So there goes your plan to move to NZ and raise some sheeple I suppose?
Haha absolutely not. Didn't what I say is the narrative pushed around the world since all this began?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”