Science-Based Alternative to Ease Quarantine Act Restrictions

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Science-Based Alternative to Ease Quarantine Act Restrictions

Post by pelmet »

Who knows what will happen for sure. But there are a lot of stupid fools on this thread that voted for Justin/NDP/Bloc, all of which have leaders who campaigned for and are supporting the war on carbon emissions. And now they are out of a job with with a government and opposition determined to keep it that way.

By the time one admits they are wrong.....it’s too late.

And by the way, we have seen new lockdowns in Australia, New Zealand, and Israel. Any takers on who will be next.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-i ... carbon-tax

Read this article. They are going to drastically increase the carbon tax soon. Airlines will have to raise prices significantly and it will result in fewer people flying.

Let’s Go Brandon
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Well Gilles,

Are you glad that we didn't have lots of flight to Europe this summer. Ontario has proved that they will impose more restrictions based strictly on case numbers and Europe has loads of cases.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medica ... d=msedgdhp

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that coronavirus cases are surging alarmingly in Europe, as a "very serious situation" unfolds across the continent."

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

RRJetPilot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:41 am https://youtu.be/8UvFhIFzaac

Great video with actual numbers and no BS
Thanks for that link. I have been looking for something like this for a while. How the hell can anyone argue the facts that this guy put together. So many people I know totally think we are screwed and a second wave will have the same consequences as the first. None of these individuals actually do any research. They get all their info from the best sources out there ( insert sarcasm) , the MEDIA.

I have also spoken to a few people that have been unable to visit their loved ones on their death beds in the Atlantic provinces because of this fucking ridiculous bubble. The provinces need to be sued over this for direct violation of human rights. It is so dam ridiculous it makes my blood boil. How the @#$! these politicians sleep at night is beyond me.
We need to make getting the borders open soonest a priority, as we dam well know that Trudope and his cronies will not lift a dam finger to help out the airlines.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

3down&loct wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:30 pm So many people I know totally think we are screwed and a second wave will have the same consequences as the first. None of these individuals actually do any research. They get all their info from the best sources out there ( insert sarcasm) , the MEDIA.

I have also spoken to a few people that have been unable to visit their loved ones on their death beds in the Atlantic provinces because of this fucking ridiculous bubble. The provinces need to be sued over this for direct violation of human rights. It is so dam ridiculous it makes my blood boil. How the @#$! these politicians sleep at night is beyond me.
We need to make getting the borders open soonest a priority, as we dam well know that Trudope and his cronies will not lift a dam finger to help out the airlines.
Keywords that let you know you’re dealing with a right wing nut job:

Facts
Research
Media
People I know
Human rights
Sued
Fucking
Trudope

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Oh I'm sure there's an equally condescending list that could be compiled for a left wing nut job.

Next...

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

quote: "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid airman or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table together - what do you get? The sum of their fears." - Winston Churchill.

Probably the same thing happens when you put a gaggle of Scientists from different disciplines in the same room .
The sum of their fears . The various disciplines cannot agree on a way of eradication , they cannot even agree on how to confine and contain the spread . We are doomed :)

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

If every single person wore a mask for 3 months we would easily eradicate it, that’s super basic science, but that will never happen. Sucks how humans are our own worst enemy. We’ve made this wayyy harder than it needed to be.

Maybe we should just go ZERO restrictions, open everything up 100%, wait a few months until the hospitals and morgues overflow onto the streets, maybe then people will start taking this seriously enough to work together.. Since we’ll never be on the same page, this stupid virus will keep fucking everything up for another year or more.

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:53 pm
3down&loct wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:30 pm So many people I know totally think we are screwed and a second wave will have the same consequences as the first. None of these individuals actually do any research. They get all their info from the best sources out there ( insert sarcasm) , the MEDIA.

Keywords that let you know you’re dealing with a right wing nut job:

Facts
Research
Media
People I know
Human rights
Sued
Fucking
Trudope
Instead of posting shit like you just did , why not come up with a some
Compelling arguments to counter my statements.
I guess your happy with the current situation and like seeing your peers getting furloughed due to the incompetence of the leadership of the free world. Have you even watched the video. Probably not. Too lazy I guess. Much more convenient to tune into your daily fear mongering CNN and CBC headlines.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

3down&loct wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 pm Instead of posting shit like you just did , why not come up with a some
Compelling arguments to counter my statements.
I guess your happy with the current situation and like seeing your peers getting furloughed due to the incompetence of the leadership of the free world. Have you even watched the video. Probably not. Too lazy I guess. Much more convenient to tune into your daily fear mongering CNN and CBC headlines.
Get over yourself man. Just because people don’t agree with you doesn’t mean they are lazy or want to see their peers get furloughed. Get off your high horse and quit acting like you’re more informed than everyone else.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

3down&loct wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 pm
Instead of posting shit like you just did , why not come up with a some Compelling arguments to counter my statements.
Your statement is that you've learned the "truth" from a guy on Youtube. It's self-refuting.
Now say "sheeple".

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

Aviatard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:29 am
3down&loct wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 pm
Instead of posting shit like you just did , why not come up with a some Compelling arguments to counter my statements.
Your statement is that you've learned the "truth" from a guy on Youtube. It's self-refuting.
Now say "sheeple".
Then please educate us all on the In-accuracies of the video. Please convince me how none of it makes sense.
I seriously would love to hear your perspective.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

[YouTube][/YouTube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... go[YouTube][/YouTube]

Interesting point of view from one of the sky fairy people :)

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

It is a self evident truth, if you say something is “ science based” .

No need to provide additional facts or support. It would only confuse those Who refuse to believe.

Drs are speaking out all over the world against lockdown. Fear is a huge motivator, and if people will just stay at home and self isolate for a bit, they can be indoctrinated through the mainstream media, and controlled social media to the great reset that is coming in the world economy.

It is not that Covid is very lethal. Its greatest feature is it transmits easily, which is great for fear inducing. The fact that some 60% of people that test positive never had any symptoms seems lost On many. And the very generous way the government is borrowing money to then hand out to people just makes most people happy. And “most”. Will get you reelected.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

trey kule wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:13 am It is a self evident truth, if you say something is “ science based” .

No need to provide additional facts or support. It would only confuse those Who refuse to believe.

Drs are speaking out all over the world against lockdown. Fear is a huge motivator, and if people will just stay at home and self isolate for a bit, they can be indoctrinated through the mainstream media, and controlled social media to the great reset that is coming in the world economy.

It is not that Covid is very lethal. Its greatest feature is it transmits easily, which is great for fear inducing. The fact that some 60% of people that test positive never had any symptoms seems lost On many. And the very generous way the government is borrowing money to then hand out to people just makes most people happy. And “most”. Will get you reelected.
Yes, politics and the world of social media has blown this whole thing way out of proportion. It would be interesting to know how things would have played out had this happened 30 years ago.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

3down&loct wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:30 am It would be interesting to know how things would have played out had this happened 30 years ago.
As social media wasn’t around 30 years ago making people stupid there would have been a lot less deaths. That’s one way.

It would also be over a lot sooner because the orange faced ignoramus wouldn’t be trying to kill half the population of the US. That’s another.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Half of the US population eh? And all the President’s fault.

According to official statistics , as of Sept 19, there were 200,000 covid “related” deaths in the US. And the majority were in New York and area in the early days.
The US population is some 360,000,000.

Rockie.....how is that 1/2 of the population...?

If the President is trying to kill off 180,000,000, he is not succeeding very well.

But don't let the facts colour your personification of him.

Not to mention that if the federal government here in Canada was paying attention, they would have done as Taiwan did in January and stopped international travel and simply.
isolated Canada. 4000 people returned to Canada from Wuhan after the outbreak was known.

IMHO, we should be much more concerned with how all the US forest fires, and the Vancouver area port fires were started.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Well ok, not exactly half. But over 20% of the worldwide deaths with only 4% of the population certainly indicates he doesn’t give a @#$! what happens to them. If you try and claim the man has any kind of conscience - or empathy - you’ll just make yourself look stupid.

The question was, what would this look like 30 years ago? Well, without Trump in the chair there would be at least 100,000 fewer dead Americans.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

I think it's been well established for years now that Trump is a piece of work.

We should move on with our lives..

...or beat a dead horse, it IS avcanada after all.

Woop_de_doo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Woop_de_doo »

If the “Government” told people to put a banana in the ear and a strawberry in their nose to stop the spread of Covid, you wouldn’t be able to get a banana in Canada and people would start growing their own strawberries... our graphics design medical leader knows best as does the WHO ...

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”